1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DOLPHINS vs TITANS NFL Replay Now

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by TheAnswer385, Dec 23, 2009.

1. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    Its on nfl network now

EdSta74 likes this.
  2. EdSta74

EdSta74 I

Mar 22, 2008
    Long Island City, NY
    thanks for the heads up. but I can't watch it again. Don't feel like getting pissed off again...

3. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I watched it. And frame-by-framed a lot of plays. I had to know why things went wrong.

- I think our team will be great next year, with a few more pieces on D and Offense, and with Henne a little more seasoned. We'll have more playmakers and fewer mistakes. Plus the O-line and secondary will have better chemistry at the start of the season (part of our 0-3 starts was new people in O-line and secondary units).

- Hartline sure is a baller. Of course Sparano likes to downplay big plays, saying at the press conference that 'you guys (media.. fans?) all see Hartline's big plays and figure he was good, but you don't see the mistakes on the other plays' or words to that effect. I understand Sparano loves consistency, but this is the same mentality that had Cam Wake getting less than an average of 10 snaps per game all season, yet still having almost as many sacks as Randy Starks, and only a few less than Taylor and Porter, all of whom see tons of playing time. Sometimes Sparano won;t play big play players because they aren;t doing the little things.

- Henne made some piss-poor throws in that game, but only one terrible decision on the toss while being sacked. his OT interception was under duress and poorly thrown, but not a mental boneheaded error. The INT on the endzone pass to Ricky was another one where his throwing technique and placement were the problem, not his judgement. Also, Fasano was missed on a throw where henne put too much on the ball, as was hartline in the endzone. I don;t know if Chad will improve his touch, but if he can, then I think he jumps 10 points in his QB rating, maybe more.

- We had some protection problems, and some of it was on people like Lex Hilliard simply not being able to sustain blocks. Speaking of Lex, he really doesn;t look like he keeps his feet, balance, or power in his legs very well on any contact. Plus, his vision sucks at times. I watched him ignore a huge open lane to his left and run right alongside a defender towards two blockers engaged with two defenders. Why the hell would you do that?

- Chad henne double clutched on that 2nd down OT pass to Bess. I'd love to know why, because by the time he finally decided he'd throw it, the defenders had better position on Bess. That set up the 3rd and 6 that led to the INT. If he gets it to Bess more quickly, Bess gains a few more yards and we'd have been in 3rd and 3. If that happened the Titans couldn;t have pass rushed as aggressively on the play... we may have even run it instead of throwing... maybe no INT.

- Overall Chad Henne has SO much potential its unbvelievable. This kids ceiling is definitely at a Pro Bowl level. That said, he has bad habits, and worrisome inconsistency throwing touch passes. Worrisome because he had them for four years at Michigna and they didn't improve. Worrisome because two training camps with QB coach David Lee and Chad Pennington's tutelage the last year and half (Penny's a great touch passer) do not seem to have majorly improved this aspect of Henne's game either. Is it smart for us to expect this to ever improve?

Chad Henne... are you our future?

Well, it reminded my of what the great Terry bradshaw said to the Steelers when he arrived... "Boys, you may lose some with me, but you can;t win without me."

Henne will win us some games, but lose us some too. It's gonna be a rollercoaster. Let's hope it works out half as well for Henne as it did for Bradshaw.

4. Jaydog57

Jaydog57 Canes/Fins/Magic fan

Jun 25, 2008
    Daytona Beach, FL
    I watched it again until the end of regulation. That comeback was awesome, but falling short of a win in OT was too hard too watch again. On a positive note, it does show that our team has the capability of coming back from a big deficit and getting it done.