1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins WR Ginn looking to justify first-round status

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by jdang307, Aug 21, 2008.

1. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80a2507c&template=with-video&confirm=true

What a crappy way to start an article with such good premise. A bust after one year? Only fickle fans should think like that. Mario Williams was a bust after one year. Oh well. Decent article. :lol:

2. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Mario Williams is the perfect example of the win now attitude of most fans in the NFL. Everyone was calling him a bust and questioniing the FO for taking him over Bush. I'm glad to see they stuck to what they knew and won.

3. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    seriously. i'm SO glad that isht happened with mario & reggie with houston & new orleans.... that will show people to STFU and let the guys play.

the fact that anyone would whisper "bust" within ten feet of ginn during his first year is ridiculous in and of itself.

HULKFish and HardKoreXXX like this.
  4. joewilly

joewilly New Member

Aug 20, 2008

agreed. most wide recievers break out in year 3. not year 1 & 2.there are exceptions to the rule though and Ginn was drafted very high. I would hope he has a good to excellent year this year not avg to good.

5. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Furthermore, I believe the word "Bust" is thrown around WAY too much and too loosely in sports today. I never heard that term when I was kid, not sure why its so prevalent now.

GISH likes this.
  6. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Some bone-headed media members.

7. evz

evz Feral Druid Club Member

Probably because us guys are always thinking of female anatomy :up:

8. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

This kid is going to make us glad we took him where we did, I look for some great things from Ginn. Not as much this year, but next. Though he will be fun to watch this year, should show us some serious glimpses into a great future.

9. DevilFin13

DevilFin13 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Just playing devil's advocate here, but why isn't Brady Quinn considered a bust? The guy was supposed to be a top 10 pick and one of the best QBs in the draft. But what has he done? He can't even get on the field. But guys like Beck and Edwards were allowed to start. By the logic of people who think Ginn is already a bust or those who dogged the Mario Williams pick, shouldn't Quinn be considered a failure too?

DennyCrane and HardKoreXXX like this.
  10. phinfanuk

phinfanuk Season Ticket Holder

Dec 19, 2007
    What a crock, terrible terrible article. This is what is wrong with sports journalism today, nobody seems to watch the damn games! And this is coming from a sports journalist!

11. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    go ginn!!!

12. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Todd Pinkston is reluctant to take a hit. Ginn is nowhere near that.

13. DennyCrane

DennyCrane New Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Exactly...it is apparent this so called writer never even researched Ted's rookie season properly. Ted posted results that a rookie WR normally achieves, the Randy Moss type rookie season are the exception rather than the norm. No mention of the 2 return TDs called back, just oh he only got 1. Bloody hell, for years we never even had a return TD.

The man needs to research more.

Ted will be a special player. Wait and see.

14. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    when i was a kid, "BUST" was lunch. :thumbup:

15. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    Hmmmm.....i reckon Ginn was the best WR last season for actually catching the ball when it was thrown his way. He showed he was consistent when it came to safe hands. Bust my b**t! Maybe we could have got better but thats by the by now. I like him and im expecting him to break out and grab some long gains this season.

16. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    you should know not to invite alen like that

17. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007

Great sig bro... I cracked up.

King Felix likes this.