1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't hold your young team responsible, we won the game fair and square.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Oct 26, 2010.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I was excited for the game with steelers because I knew that we would be motivated, and that we were gonna give max effort, so that took a lot of uncertainty and anxiety out of the equation for me, I said that I just wanted to see how that effort, matched up with the best...Well, I got what I wanted, and I saw the result...

On the football field, fair and square, the 3rd youngest team in the league {1st starting unit}, in it's 3rd year of a massive rebuilding project, BEAT THE BEST TEAM IN THE NFL, period, and at no other time, in the history of this league, has a decision like that fumble been quantified in the outcome of a game, so iam not gonna do it now, and hold my team responsible..They made the play to win the game period. It wasn't a fluke, it was a great defensive play with the game on the line.

We must project our team moving forward as if they won....because they did...to not give them credit for the win, is not a logical way to build our team moving forward...How are you going to take away what happened during the game?, in the way you project the future of the team?, because of a horrific unprescedented call? , and a number in the win/loss column?..come on man.You saw your team play, and you know what?, they won the game, FAIR AND SQUARE.

This year was always the year for evaluation for me personally, iam not going to hold this particular team responsible for what happened 3 short years ago...They are right on schedule in the logical 4 year plan, and with 1 more year in the aquisition dept draft/Fa?, your gonna tell me that were not gonna be ready to compete next year?..sheeeee#

If we win next week, then we can take this game, and learn from it, we do know where we need to get better..Its all part of becoming a championship team.

We are the road warrior's, we get this win, we should have an exciting 2nd half of the season, and as long as we compete to the end for a playoff spot, and our young QB continues to improve, this season will be crucial for next year's successes.

I actually can't wait to see how we come out and play next week, valuable information will be on display.

Cass, RGF, xphinfanx and 9 others like this.
  2. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    You're a complete homer...and I agree with you 100%. This team is improving. You're either getting better or your getting worse. Its slow, but its building.

DeDolfan likes this.
  3. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    I agree with the mindset.
    We did beat a very good team, I'm just beyind frustrated with constantly getting screwed.
    Its really really hard to watch knowing that these guys dictated everything but the inevetible outcome.
    Sorry to bring your thread down, I do agree that this young team deserves lots of Props.

Fin D, djphinfan and resnor like this.
  4. AdamC13

AdamC13 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Just checked the standings again and it shows that we actually LOST the game against the Steelers and are now 3-3. This is referred to as REALITY.

I can only guess you haven't been watching football long if you think that is the only time a decision like that fumble quantified in the outcome of the game.

:lol: On second thought, what the hell does "quantified in the outcome of the game" even mean?

Steve-Mo likes this.
  5. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    no, iam not, thats your unjustified opinion, iam projecting my team as logically as I can with what information I have available..Its the right thing to do from a building standpoint...to disregard the facts {we made the play to win} is just not fair to the team imo...

Going into this game, I knew we would play our best game, max effort, I just didn't think that effort would be good enough to beat the best [on the record for that}... Well, I was wrong, It was enough, we did beat them on the field, but not on paper, we did so even though we have 1/3 of our team M.I.A, special team's..

My preseason prediction of 10 and 6 is on track...this year is about developing certain aspects of our game and QB, gaining valuable exp that young teams have to go thru, and achieving incremental gains is what iam looking for...

6. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    we didnt win......whos to say we wouldnt have been held to 3 and out, and the steelers drove down and kicked the fg anyways? and dont tell me it isnt believeable with our team :lol:

BicketyBam, RGF and GMJohnson like this.
  7. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    That's probably exactly what would've happened. Still, our chances greatly improve. Maybe Wake gets a sack/strip/fumble, maybe Reed misses a longer FG, you never know. Hell, maybe we even get two first downs to the end game. IT PROBABLY WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED...BUT MAYBE IT WOULD HAVE!

FinFan_Est.1984 likes this.
  8. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I am not in the mood to admire the rainbows you are vomiting.

Steve-Mo likes this.
  9. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    agreed. just saying to call it that we'd have won no doubt....is silly. We are dolfans for godsake, we know what we are capable of :pity:

RGF likes this.
  10. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Them not being able to determine who recovered a fumble, after they determined a fumble really happened, is something that I personally have never seen happen.

The result of the entire game, up to and until that moment, can be quantified on that one call.

11. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    My prediction was also 10-6. I did qualify it some in saying we would have to start 4-4, and some of the young guys would have to step up. Our youth, other than Smith, is where I thought they would be or, exceeded my expectations time wise.

Next season looks great with Odrick, Edds, and Merling already providing a good draft. However, I believe we can compete and contend this season.

There are no great teams out there. The VG ones are mostly veteran teams who have had many of their starters together for years. They do not have anywhere near the growth potential of our Dolphins.

Will that growth be during this year? Don't know but, it would not surprise me based on what I am seeing so far.

djphinfan likes this.
  12. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    The'' reality'' in this rare situation, is not how you should view the team moving forward....maybe if your just a casual fan, its ok, Iam not that...

13. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    true, but us having the ball at the 20 with brandon field in our back pocket, I like our chances..

What iam saying here is just because the number in the win column is 3 instead of 4, we really know what happened, and we should be smart enough as fan's, to QUANTIFY IT,{lol} and judge our team accordingly on what we saw on the field, not the win column.

14. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Iam pissed off too bro, but not at the team.

Frumundah Finnatic and SICK like this.
  15. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    This may be tuff for some to understand. I took more out of the play of our team than I did the outcome.

smahtaz, Fin D and mullingan like this.
  16. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Thanks DJ, good post.:up:

djphinfan likes this.
  17. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    exactly. Until we're ready to win a superbowl scores don't matter as much as progress. I don't think you can look at this team and say we aren't getting better. If we keep progressing the wins will come. Wins are a byproduct. They are not an analysis

18. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    In the second half of this season, the wins will matter. Looking fairly at the improvement of our team, and the schedule, I will be disappointed if we do not go 6-2.

Rickey & Ronnie have yet to really chime in. When they do, and ya know it's gonna happen, this O is going to be as scary as any we have had in many a year.

IF and when these pieces on O fall in place, tell me of a better, and more balanced O?

19. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    I'm all for the team moving forward and that there has been improvements. The build is still on although I believe a lot of the parts are in place and the development is now crucial.
    I have to disagree with the Dolphins getting a win.Why you ask? Well because it didn't happen. I never buy into moral victories no matter the situation. We all know it was a blown call but I will still stick to my guns and repeat that we blew golden opportunities in this game. We didn't capitalize offensively when we had the chances and both the defense and the special teams gave up big plays that would have been more than enough to make the difference. We should have won this game not off of a blown call but on the multitude of chances we just didn't convert. I like to think that this young team is in better shape of correcting our mistakes and getting over the proverbial hump than ever correcting the mistake of an official. You win football games with proper execution and an ability to finish.
    You don't lose them because of a bad call

smahtaz likes this.
  20. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    ^ ^ ^
    [​IMG]

21. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    That's all iam sayin.

22. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    The discussion should be what we did that helped us win the game, how we scored more points against the Steelers than any other team out there because we were able to pass protect against their blitzburgh attack, make some plays with Bess and Hartline and Marshall, get Ricky going on some suave play calls when the Pittsburgh D gave us a relatively empty box, harrass Big Ben all day with our pass rushers, create turnover after turnover by hitting people and being physical, etc.

smahtaz and djphinfan like this.
  23. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I agree on so many levels, except that I do not view this as a bad call, its much bigger.

Iam in pittsburgh for the next two day's...they are not justifying the win, they are embarrassed, they have no logical rationalization...They too could of made plays prior to the false play that determined the outcome...Thats football, but bottom line, when the game is on the line, we did what we were supposed to do to win the game..

we have another offseason to improve in the dept. of beating a team before its gets to those crucial moment's.

24. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    My justification for calling you a homer is that you stated that we won the game. We did not.

25. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Damn strait we should....someone might think were homers though.

we should invent a name for people who cannot objectively look at the team after a performance regardless of a win or loss..... how bout ''Homerphobe''

Homer my ***..tryin to build a freakin dynasty here, not worry about some little number in the loss column that has no meaning to the process.

26. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    You know what I meant G, did you ever think I might have been going a little deeper than such a blanket statement...

and moving forward in terms of projecting and analysis, that loss that some people are freaking out over, is not something I look at in negative light...not considering the variable's and the process.

27. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Adam, you have 32 posts on this forum and absolutely ZERO credibility here! Running your mouth in a disrespectful manner like this will do nothing but keep it that way. :wink2:

Either show some respect or go find another forum where douchebag posts like yours fit it.

28. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Semantics aside from some of you guys just wanting to be difficult for the sake of it, Miami was the better team through the first 58 minutes before the refs skewed the game. We had the lead; we shut down Mendenhall; we knocked Ben around; we forced 2 more fumbles than Pitt; and the TOP was even.

Up to that point we were winning "on the field", and we had the momentum..... and that's how our team and fans should look at it.

djphinfan likes this.
  29. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    They should already be ready to contend for a super bowl. This is year three, I'm tired of waiting. This isn't baseball. We don't have to run players through a farm system. I'm looking at the coaching more than the players. The players give it all they've got.

30. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    so you dont take into account youth and starting point at all when assessing the progression of your team, your just tired of all the BS from our history? and pin it on them?

Where in this blueprint that teams who completely rebuild have to be contending for the superbowl after 2 and a half season's of play?..

Not sure if that is a fundamentally sound perspective bro..I see a team that is being built correctly, and with another offseason, should be ready to be legit contender's..To me that's right on schedule...

From the very beginning of this regime I thought it would be a 4 year plan to become legit with longterm goal's...I dont see any major obstacle's in our way from achieving that, especially from a game that we won on the field, against the best.

Lets see how the road warrior's come out vrs the Bengal's..a very talented team.

31. ilovemyfins4eva

ilovemyfins4eva New Member

Oct 17, 2010
    long island
    if we miss the playoffs due to that game, all fin fans who don't live in the ny area should fly down for a day and we should organize a massive riot outside of the nfl headquarters.

it seems bad now but hopefully we overcome it. however, if we miss out by 1 game, i say we riot all the way and teach them never to **** with the fins. this isn't the first time its happened to us.

32. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    Very true. Sad,but true.

33. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    The team has a lot of talented players and is underachieving. It's that simple. It's not like the team is full of rookie starters. It's not. Most of the starters have some experience. It doesn't take four years just to START contending. That's ridiculous.