1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't you think its a classic case of overreacting when....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Celtkin, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Celtkin

Celtkin <B>Webmaster</b> Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    I saw two stories today that are classic examples of overreacting to stress:

CCTV Caught Gun-Toting ‘Massacre’ Millionaire Torching Mansion, With Dead Family Inside

FOXNews.com - CCTV Caught Gun-Toting ‘Massacre’ Millionaire Torching Mansion, With Dead Family Inside - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

Ohio Teen Shot Dead After Egging Cars

FOXNews.com - Ohio Teen Shot Dead After Egging Cars - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

According to the story about the Ohio teen, another teen was shot after a group of boys he was with egged a car. Based on statistics, I can definately say that it is NOT a good idea to egg cars in the Columbus area.

calphin likes this.
  2. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    It's a real shame that a 'heat of the moment' reaction can be so terrible and final in both cases. :pity:

calphin and Celtkin like this.
  3. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    the guys 6 acre spread was being repossessed so he kills his family, and animals, then himself? :pity:

calphin likes this.
  4. Idahophin

Idahophin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Snake River Plain
    I've had my car egged and never thought about shooting the person for it. :no:

Get even like a man, just kick his butt. :up:

GoPhins! and calphin like this.
  5. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I had my car egged last Halloween. And while I didnt consider shooting the little bastards, introducing their faces to the pavement did cross my mind. I did walk outside with a bat (in my boxers) and yell a few things that the TOS would prohibit however.

Just shows how mad you have to be to kill someone in the heat of the moment. Id just woken up from a dream involving sexual acts and was grumpy as hell. If I didnt kill those kids then, Id never be able to.

GoPhins!, calphin and opfinistic like this.
  6. Idahophin

Idahophin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Snake River Plain
    I keep a paintball gun for just such reasons now. :wink2:

calphin and HardKoreXXX like this.
  7. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    :pointlol:

They shoulda egged you too.

HardKoreXXX and calphin like this.
  8. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

Okay, in the first story, if the man wanted to die rather than lose his 6 acre spread, he should have killed himself, but why kill the wife and daughter. The daughter especially is an innocent victim, and didn't deserve to die due to her parents misfortune. Burning down the house is one thing, murder-suicide is something else.

As for the boy being shot in the head, its tragic. Should he be punished, probably so, but to shoot him, is just plain crazy. The person that shot him should now face a homicide charge. A simple call to 911 or the local police would have sufficed, but he decided to take the law in his own hands, and create a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Celtkin, Idahophin and opfinistic like this.
  9. joewilly

joewilly New Member

Aug 20, 2008
    unless your name is arod and your in the playoffs, 1 swing of the bat coulda killed one of the punks so you see, yer closer than you think to being an over reactor type :shifty:

HardKoreXXX likes this.
  10. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Wow that is crazy. I don't know what would cuase anyone to do either one of those things.

I wonder if the kid egging ppl didn't do something else. However shooting him still not right. Sad.....

11. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Thats what kneecaps are for :hi5: