1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DR. Z "Fins Draft Numero Uno"

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Jackson, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Jackson

Jackson Bruce Banner

Mar 24, 2008
    Connecticut/Florida
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/dr_z/04/28/draft.roundup/index.html?eref=T1

following is my evaluation of the 2008 NFL draft, based on personal preference of various teams. Usually I use letter grades, but that system is now in the garbage because of what Peter King wrote about how nonsensical it is. I hate nonsense.

My Numero Uno

Miami Dolphins: I like this because the character of the drafter was reflected in the picks. It was a Man's draft, make that He-Man. Big guys. Serious. Top guy on the board, Jake Long, stands 6-7 and weighs 315. The defensive end, Phillip Merling, is not what you'd call a nimble-footed pass rusher. He likes to stack 'em up at the point. A two-gapper. Oh yes, he's 6-4½, 275. The QB, drafted with Miami's second pick in the second round, Chad Henne, is 226. He's got a gun. I mean for an arm. I assume he'll challenge for the job, or something more sinister. The average of the nine chaps selected is 6-3, 274. My kind of draft, boy.

2. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Nice.

We've gotten bigger and tougher.

The other thing to note is that most of our draftees are known for mental toughness as well. They also tend to play with a meaness that sould make the dolphins a 'punch you in the nose' type of team.

Not literally, of course, unless you're Reagan Mauia

Bpk

3. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Thanks for the link, good read. I worry about Dr. Z after seeing what he said about the titans' & bengals' drafts. But its good to see us recognized.

4. orangefinfan

orangefinfan New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    As a dolphin fan..I am proud of this draft.