1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Draft Buzz in the Miami Herald

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Larry Little, Mar 26, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    The Phins staff are on the prowl for draft picks...

http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/470439.html

Dolphins draft info is about halfway down the page under "Chatter". Here are a few tidbits:

2. sgtphin

sgtphin Season Ticket Holder

Nov 25, 2007
    Clay City, Indiana
    Good read, some nice info in there. Thanks for the post, bro.

3. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    All those possibilities make sense. Good to hear. Wish they were talking to McFadden as well.

4. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    We've talked about the Phins and the smokescreen at #1 with us looking at Matt Ryan. How about the smokescreen on us taking a quarterback at 32? We are much more likely to trade that pick than the first overall. A team that is looking at the prospect of selecting a qb in round 2 may think they'll have to trade up with us to get their guy. Atlanta now has two second round picks and odds are they will take a qb with one of those. Something to keep an eye on.

SICK, finsmx and azfinfanmang like this.
  5. GoPhins!

GoPhins! Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 29, 2007
    Winter Garden, FL
    Nice idea! Move down a few spots in the second and get another pick. I like it. :yes:

6. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Good info, thanks for posting it. also in that article it says we haven't spoken with McFadden. Remember, we never spoke a word to Jason Allen, then drafted him at #2, so don't rule our McFadden completely, just don't draft him Jeff!

7. GoPhins!

GoPhins! Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 29, 2007
    Winter Garden, FL
    :huh1: Allen at #16 or Brown at #2?

8. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    No kidding. That's really a great point. There could very well a couple of those QBs on the board still. It's probably alot easier to justify the cost of the #32 pick than it is the #1 pick. I'll bet there'll be more than a few interested in having our 1st #2.

bran likes this.
  9. DOLFANMIKE

DOLFANMIKE FOOTBALL COACH 32 YEARS Luxury Box

Mar 22, 2008
    California
    Wouldnt be surrpised to see us trade back from #32 and grab an extra pick or two and grab the last remining QB of the big 3 on the board.

10. RevRick

RevRick Long Haired Leaping Gnome Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    Yeah... there will probably be some interest, notably if one of the blue chippers slips that far and there are several teams queing up to take a run at him. No telling what could happen. We (far fetched) could possibly even score a couple of Atlanta's 2nd round picks. I'll keep hoping that someone like Atlanta, or KC, wakes up and decides they "really" want that Nr. 1 pick, and we can begin the process that way, because in the first six-eight picks there is a virtual lock that someone will be there that can help the Team, and adding a second and third, or so, would just make it that much better.

11. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    i really like that idea of trading the #2 fall back a couple spots pick up another couple picks grab henne or flacco or whoever

go fins

12. Caps

Caps Movimiento Juvenil

Mar 23, 2008
    I could definitely see Wright being brought into camp as an UDFA, he's got the big size big arm combo Parcells usually covets and had some rotten luck having a different offensive system each of his three years starting. Having said that I don't think he's a player and won't make it through the first cuts, but just an observation.

13. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Yeah would be a fantasy draft wouldn't it? I'm envious of Atlanta's situation for this draft. 4 picks within the first 48. Wow..

14. Vaark

Vaark Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium

Mar 26, 2008
    :no: I'm not buying Kyle Wright even as a 6th

15. Caps

Caps Movimiento Juvenil

Mar 23, 2008
    Yea there's no way I would spend any picks on him, being invited to camp tho, he won't be drafted, I could definitely see.

16. Vaark

Vaark Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium

Mar 26, 2008
    yah...you know he did end up on a rocky ride in Coral Gables, and was a top h.s. recruit...however I'd be surprised if his confidence wasn't totally shattered.