1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Draft COuntdown mock 12/3/10

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by jim1, Dec 5, 2010.

1. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    I just re-read your idiotic post, and I can't believe that I didn't address the bolded bit: If you really believe the bolded part, you just got some serious problems and I can't really help you with logic or facts. Go on with yourself. No facts I throw at you will change your mind when you write something so utterly paranoid and delusional. Good luck with "taking your country back".

2. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    Keith does watch most games through a sheet.

3. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Is it white per chance?

4. dolfan22

Newton and Russell don't belong in the same sentence if you are comparing them in regards to how much football matters to them.

Extremely lazy analogy.

GARDENHEAD likes this.
  5. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    My one question/concern with Cam Newton is this: how much does he want it? If you go by what the fellow Auburn players and coaches say, then he wants it very much. The head coach at Blinn said that he was first in, last out of the facility and it's the same at Auburn in terms of work that you can do per NCAA rules.

You also have to look at this; he's unbeaten, won the Heisman and playing for the National Title with who? Mario Fannin will probably go undrafted. He has a freshman TB who was highly recruited but has been banged up.

Quindarius Carr, Terrell Zachery, Woody Parramore, converted QB Kodi Burns, Darvin Adams and Philip Lutzenkirchen are not DJ Williams, Joe Adams, Greg Childs, Cobi Hamilton, Javontee Herndon, etc.

GARDENHEAD and sports24/7 like this.
  6. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Good point there.

7. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Wow, before the race war breaks out let me just say that Michael Vick is a top 3 NFL QB and could easily win the MVP and the Super Bowl this season.

Mcnaab on the other hand has always been overrated and it is of no suprise to me he failed in Washington.

As for Newton he has a chance to be very good if he works hard on reading his progressions and using his legs as a last resort, certainly a project imo and not a good fit in Miami.

As for Pryor.....make him a WR. Then watch him fail. Then send him to Canada.

8. Den54

Den54 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!

Mcnaab may not be the QB he once was but to say he's always been overrated is quite silly.
    Give me that type of his early production any day of the year.

Anonymous and Boomer like this.
  9. dolfan22

When was his actuall last loss ? A point we need to not diminish , he is not surrounded by extreme talent.

10. dolfan22

What have you got against us? ;)

11. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    Lost once at Blinn

But he won State at HS, a National Title at Florida, National Championship at JUCO and is playing for National Title at Auburn.

Guy wins.

GARDENHEAD and dolfan22 like this.
  12. sports24/7

sports24/7 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    This is my exact feeling. Newton will decide how good he's going to be. The tools all seem to be there, it's just how great he wants to be and how much work he's going to put in to get there. If those reports are correct, he's going to be an absolute star.

13. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    There is no evidence to prove that Cam Newton won't work as hard as a white guy. He might even come close to a Danny Woodhead type effort!!!!

14. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

Its not just my opinion he has been overrated for some time, Andy Reid has a system in place that is very QB friendly.

Donovan throws the deep ball pretty well and has some great improv skills, but as a "basic QB" their are alot of throws he just doesnt accurately make. Reid traded him to a division rival because he knew this. He was a solid QB and thats fine but he had some serious limitations, too many to be called great.

15. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

I have a grudge against canadians ever since while crosing the border some 8 years ago I was stopped for a random search and had an outfit for my newborn daughter in the back seat and proceeded to be mouthed off too by 2 19 year old "****s".

I told them as much because I wasnt going to be talked down to by those b-tches, and I was not allowed into the country. :(

Who appoints a couple of fat young girls to run your borders anyway?

16. dolfan22

Crossing into the US which I do very frequently isn't a laughing matter usually either. Border guards aren't indicative of the people of the country usually , which is a good thing imo.

17. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    At this point I find the Tebow discussions to be amusing. I've never seen such a misdiagnosis en masse of a player in my life as Tebow his last two years of college. His arm was severely underrated, imperfect as his delivery was. His intangibles were acknowledged but downplayed. The talk of him moving to FB or TE was laughable, as was the talk of him sliding to the 4th round. So now we'll see as he'll most likely start in 2011 and showed a taste of what he can do recently. For all those who were high on Jimmy Claussen and dumping on Tebow- I'm curious as to where you stand now. Claussen is a stiff and Tebow is just beginning his rise. Props to Rafael for being one of the few who diagnosed that properly- Minnesota passed on Claussen for a reason, and Claussen's slide to the mid 2nd rd was justified. Also, I still think that Parcells very well might have drafted Tebow in the 1st rd if available- he is reportedly a big fan and rumor has it that he was not all that big a supporter of Henne before his exit.

18. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I didn't like Tebow or Clausen. I probably would have taken Tebow before Clausen if you put a gun to my head and forced me to choose one. Given the choice I'd have kept dipping the well at other positions and foregone both.

Tebow does not read the field very well, has no timing, throws with no anticipation, and every time a defense kept him in the pocket, THAT was when Florida was prone to getting beat. His delivery does signal defenders early, and he doesn't really throw a great ball.

Nobody works harder or more diligently than he does, so some of his problems are able to be overcome. But, it's still not likely. Am I impressed that he was 8 of 16 for 138 yards with a TD against the Raiders in a losing performance? Not particularly. Am I impressed that he had better passing success against the worst secondary in the NFL? A little more. Do I think it will continue and he'll be gangbusters from here on out? No.

19. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    I completely stand by my analysis of Tim Tebow and I'm comfortable with my position. He seems a good guy and I was pleased for him but two things spring to mind from watching him on Sunday:

1) He's only playing because of the total overhaul of his mechanics. he's still slow delivering the football and although his accuracy has improved, it's still not great.

2) Much like the Wildcat, when defenses see more of him on film, they'll keep him in the pocket and force him to win with his arm. He won't consistently be able to do that. He must have been shocked on Sunday when he ran for the winning touchdown to see a DT almost beat him to the edge. This ain't college.

And it's a little disappointing to piss on the chips of Jimmy Clausen given how awful that offense is in Carolina and how few targets he has to throw to behind an atrocious OL. Tebow has a Pro Bowl LT, Knowshon, two Pro Bowl wide receivers and a Pro Bowl TE to throw to. Clausen has a banged up James Stewart, a Pro Bowl RT who's been playing hurt and Steve Smith who's lost a step and then some.

schmolioot likes this.
  20. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I look at the Carolina offense and I see one big problem and a few other minor ones. Jimmy Clausen is the big problem.

Other QBs are out there succeeding with less, including Sam Bradford.

Jordan Gross is in the Pro Bowl this year as a Left Tackle. Ryan Kalil is a pretty good Center. Geoff Schwartz has actually been a pretty good OL. Jonathan Stewart is an excellent runner and before he went down so was DeAngelo Williams. Steve Smith has played 800 snaps this year. He didn't suddenly forget how to play football. It's not a gang of All Pros but it's not a circus, either. It's enough not to excuse Jimmy Clausen's at times historically bad performances. He's averaging under 10 yards a completion. He's completing barely 50% of his passes. He's got 2 TDs and 10 turnovers with an amazing 30 sacks versus only 266 attempts.

I doubted him before the Draft and there's even more reason to doubt him now.

21. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I made myself very clear in the past about both players, many heated debates, on the record several times...''Tebow will go in the first'' ...''Claussen is a bust''...wrote that that 3 years ago on this very board...said he wouldn't even be on my board, and that he wouldn't go in the first.