1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Draft Daddy's updated mock draft.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by padre31, Feb 22, 2010.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    http://www.draftdaddy.com/MD/draft2010.htm

I happen to like this one and see it as sort of the way things will pan out in April, lots of Defensive players, Wr sort of undervalued, Te's and Rb's make rare appearances in Rd 1.

Though Dunlap to the Pats seems odd to me.

2. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    They need a passrush badly, and BB does think he has the magic touch in terms of controlling "problems" and getting the most out of underachievers. We cant forget that for his problems, Dunlap DOES have talent.

The first 10 picks are terrible though.

3. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    He's been compared to Calais Campbell, which to me is not exactly high praise.

Disagree, the only pick that looks shakey is Clausen at #10 to the Jags, the rest look spot on imho, boring, and the Raiders taking Anthony Davis assumes they behave logically, but the rest make sense.

DC-Okung..Chris Samuals is done
    KC Ro McClain..not out of left field
    Browns..Joe Haden..best Cb prospect in the first rd

The Bills taking a LT also makes sense.

4. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Clausen falling that far is bad enough. McClain at#5?

And I should have said top 11 - Terrance Cody to the Broncos? Dez Bryant not going till 21? Oi, lots of weird stuff going on, dont like this one at all.

5. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    He fits a need in KC.

1. Broncos need a NT, and they also traded a 2010 #1 pick to draft Gronkowski a blocking TE.

2. For all the fan love for D Bryant, he is still the guy who was bounced out of OSU and has not played football in months.

What I like about this one is the picks are based on how NFL GM's think, not how fans think, GM's do not simply throw money at players unless they are 100% certain about the player, fans are willing to overlook things GM's who write the checks take things like toe surgeries and interaction with college teammates into account.

6. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    what ever he is smoking he needs to stop. there is no way Bryant Falls to 21 just because he doesnt run the fastest fourty

texanphinatic likes this.
  7. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    So would many others that fit that slot better than McClain.

Broncos need a NT so they may as well take the best one in Dan Williams. Or see if Cody drops to them in round 2.

What does them trading a 2010 pick have to do with NT this year?

In a weak WR class no way in hell Bryant falls that far when he is head and shoulders better than anyone else.

I disagree that GMs dont throw money at players without overlooking things, nor do they technically write the checks. :up:

8. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Last year the Chiefs took Tyson Jackson with the third pick in the draft. That surprised many people.

9. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    that wasnt a huge suprise because there were a lot of rumor that the cheifs really like Jackson if i remember right

10. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    True, they do seem to go for need over value.

11. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    It was still arguably way higher than he should have gone.

Still, if Okung is gone and they arent feeling the other tackles, Joe Haden would have to look really good at that spot, as would Dez Bryant.

12. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I had Tyson going top 5 last year...with Dorsey and Flowers being drafted in sucessive years, you would think they would go offense, I hope anyways.