1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Draft Help Needed

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Boomer, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Was one of them named Jon Martin?

2. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    He's already been picked.

3. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Thoughts on upcoming pick? Still some great tight ends left so would you want to pick one up and emphasize multiple TE sets? That would help having lesser caliber tackles, no? Pettigrew perhaps.

Eric Decker paired with Jordy Nelson..... then Amendola in the slot. White power, baby!

There's still a Pro Bowl FS on the board- Thomas DeCoud.
    Zach Brown looks like a future star at Will.
    Michael Oher
    Charles Brown (LT)
    Davin Joseph
    Curtis Lofton
    Jeremy Maclin
    Brooks Reed, Barwin, or Upshaw paired with Odrick (since all the pass rushing ends have been gobbled up)
    Morgan Burnett
    Marques Colston
    Kendall Reyes
    Red Bryant & Brandon Mebane

Boomer likes this.
  4. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Charles Brown -- Eric Wood -- Pouncey -- Davin Joseph/Kraig Urbik -- Michael Oher?? yay, nay?

Boomer likes this.
  5. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    I'd consider prioritizing Oher & Wood as the next 2 picks. Didn't realize they're still on the board.

6. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    I went with Bruce Carter. A linebacker on the fringes of becoming a superstar if he can stay healthy. Fits my fast defense.

ToddPhin likes this.
  7. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Mike Pouncey and Arian Foster is an excellent pairing, IMO. Jordy Nelson really adds to it. I think you're doing a good job building a solid offense that fit with one another.

I'm a little worried about the offensive tackle position here. The fact that Jon Martin has already been taken tells you how picked clean the position is getting. You're pretty much down to Rodger Saffold, Marshall Newhouse, Michael Oher and Doug Free among guys who can play left.

But that's so picked clean at this point maybe the better bet is to just keep letting it go. Nobody's going to want Doug Free but before the Cowboys took Tyron Smith and put him at LT I thought Free played it well.

Your defensive line definitely needs build-out. Jurrell Casey would make a fine pick but I bet he goes before you're up again.

Boomer likes this.
  8. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    I was hoping Jordan Gross would fall through the cracks. Saffold is an option. I might take another center later depending on value and boot Pouncey to guard. Jamarcus Webb actually played OK last season. Free is a shout as well. Guards are easy to get. Casey is a good call. Red Bryant is another. Have my eye on a couple of linebackers who can really run. Also some good receivers out there.

9. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    I think Michael Oher looks good on paper, offers L-R tackle versatility, and provides quality name recognition if there's voting involved. Is there voting?
    I like Eric Wood's versatility as well and is on the verge of being a top interior lineman IMO.

10. Vendigo

Vendigo German Gigolo Club Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Dude, you picked Sam Bradford in the first round. You're royally screwed already.

Britons. Pfft.

11. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Wow, Terrelle Pryor in round 9?

12. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    Bite me, Angela Merkel.

ckparrothead likes this.