1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Draft Scout Chad Henne News

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by ATVZ400, Apr 8, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    04/08/08 - 2008 Rang's Gang: QB - Chad Henne, Michigan: Based on his junior film, I rated Henne as the top quarterback prospect entering this year. The early loss to Appalachian State and struggles with injury dropped Henne down my board a bit, but I've always been a huge fan of his ability. Trailing perhaps only Joe Flacco in terms of pure arm strength, Henne is among the most accurate deep ball passers in this draft and has uncanny touch. There remain concerns by some over Henne's decision making and poise. However, in leading an unranked Michigan squad to an upset #12 Florida in the Capitol One Bowl and posting a dominant performance during the Senior Bowl week, Henne confirmed his mental toughness and leadership. In terms of physical ability, there simply isn't a better thrower in this draft than Henne. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com
    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/index.php

Kucha likes this.
  2. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I really like Henne. Sure some may say its because im a michigan fan, but his toughness physically and mentally, and his leadership are second to none, and as the caption above says... his arm strenght is great as well. Given a year or so with a good QB coach and I believe Chad would be a real good NFL QB

3. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I like Henne and Flacco more than Ryan and Brohm....if we go with a QB with our 2b pick I hope it is either Henne or Flaco.

4. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I agree, and wouldnt be surprised to see if both Ryan and Brohm are gone by then anyways. I however, don't expect us to be taking a QB. But if we did, I would like it to be one of those two, or if we're looking for a project, then somebody in the later rounds, I wouldnt be to concerned then... Flynn? Wright?

5. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Don't agree. This is the same type of thinking that made us pass on Quinn. Have to trust the scouts when it comes to evaluating QBs. There are things they see that we aren't even aware of. It's easy for us to look at Flacco and Henne and say they look just as good as Ryan or Brohm, but the scouts that make a living off evaluating these guys see the differences that set Ryan, maybe not Brohm as much, ahead of Henne and Flacco.

6. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

I like Matt Flynn personally, especially the cost.