1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

~ Draft Strategy Ideas ~

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by sleek, Apr 22, 2012.

1. sleek

sleek Member

Jan 3, 2008
    What about a "three in a row" approach at the top of the 2nd rd.

-three consecutive picks means no interference from other teams between at least two of our picks.

-The reason I like the top of the 2nd is there seems to always be talent there & it is not as expensive as the 1st rd. Also, if someone wanted to leap frog us it would be quit pricey for them at this particular location.

Mock draft time always gets the creative juices flowing.

What type of strategic ideas have crossed your mind?

2. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Confused, are you suggesting we trade down?

3. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I'm happy with the picks they have already. I have no interest in seeing the Dolphins trade down. This is reported to be a weak overall draft at many positions and the player at eight has a lot better chance of being an impact player in the NFL than any second round selection. I certainly would rather have one top ten pick and one second round pick than the three second round picks.

Perhaps you should review the second round picks since Ireland came here four years ago and you will see that he has done a below average job finding talent in this round. Overall he has done much better in the first round with the selections of, Long, Pouncey, and Davis in the this round. I still have a question regarding Odrick since he played very mediocre ball last season and couldn't break into the starting lineup.
    Ireland traded down into the latter part of the first round to pick up Odrick two years ago and he so far has been the worst first round draft pick of this group. Therefore I have no desire to see Ireland once again trade down in the first round and certainly not for two additional second round picks as you suggest.

4. sleek

sleek Member

Jan 3, 2008
    Trade down our first to try and get an additional 2nd round pick and maybe use some of our later picks or trade a player to get another 2nd, the hard part is working it so they are consecutive. I think the idea of consecutive picks is a good idea.I noticed green bay has a few in a row and so do the browns in later rounds and we have two in a row in the third. I like the idea from a strategy standpoint i just think it would be better if we could do it somewhere in the 2nd rd.

5. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I always watch the UDFA market like a hawk, to me that is where the real value can be found.

Otherwise, just add team speed, the Lumbering Parcells need to be replaced with the Jimmy Johnson Greyhounds.

6. PhinPhanatic

PhinPhanatic New Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    TTTRRRRAAADDDDEEEE BBBBBAAAACCCCKKKKKK. If we could net a late 1st and 2nd for our 8th overall that would be perfect.
    1)Fleener-TE Need a pass catching TE in the system and he is a FREAK physically2
    2)Weeden-QB- Ready to -play now
    2)A Branch-DE- Terror opposite Wake
    3)AJ Jenkins-WR- G Jenkins type WR
    3)D Stephenson-T- Anchor Right side
    4) Streeter- WR- Physically amazing but needs polish
    5)Aaron Henry -S - Good value and Ireland loves taking S late
    7)C Judie- CB good size