1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Draft Tek 5 round mock draft 12/30/15

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by jim1, Dec 31, 2015.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    1. FS/CB Jalen Ramsey FSU
    2. CB William Jackson Houston
    3. FS Jalen Mills LSU
    4. DE Charles Tapper Oklahoma
    5. MLB Cassanova McKinzy Auburn

http://www.drafttek.com/2016-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1.asp

Given how the board fell I would have gone:

1. Jalen Ramsey FS FSU
    2. Jason Spriggs OT Indiana
    3. Joshua Garnett OG Stanford
    4. Christian Westerman OG Arizona St.
    5. Bronson Kaufusi DE BYU

dgfred likes this.
  2. dgfred

dgfred Free Agent pickup

Dec 17, 2015
    N.C., USA
    Well... 5 defenders is a big need but not any bigger than LG/RG in my opinion.

3. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Determining FA moves dictate this simulation, if I knew what holes we fill in FA, then I could better know our use of 8 draft picks. I do think we go CB in 1st rd of draft as don't think we address completely in FA.

Do think we stand chance to sign OL G or T in FA. Can't imagine FA ends without an improved OL on paper.

4. PerfectTeam

PerfectTeam Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Depending on how FA shakes out, I wouldn't be upset with their draft. I like all three DBs' especially Ramsey. I do think we end up signing a few FA DBs, Tashaun Gipson, Walter Thurmond being my a couple of favorites of mine to play FS. CB is a little bit more muddy as I do like Leon Hall but he is getting up there in age and Amukamara might be expensive.

5. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Paxton Lynch is a dilemma. Tannehill isn't the problem on this team, but how much of a solution he is remains a big question. Can he be great? What about that huge salary after next year? Do you pass on a franchise Quarterback, as Lynch might be? I'm not sure about that, but he's damn good.

On top of that, it's sad to say that after four years it's too early to fully judge Tannehill because the OL is so crappy and he's just now able to audible. But if I'm Cleveland or Dallas, I'm drafting Paxton Lynch ahead of Miami anyway.

Still feel that we can't go wrong with Smith, Ramsey or Hargreaves. In terms of the best talent of those three, I'm thinking it's Ramsey. Still like Jason Spriggs, Cameron Sutton, Joshua Garnett and Christian Westerman.

One of my New year's wishes is that we dump Brent Grimes and use the $10 million on OL and defense. Screw him and his wife.

6. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    I think this offseason nothing changes with QB, appears we have to many other areas that need improvement and focus.

A QB change would set so many things back to zero as well and take focus away. So, we concentrate and finally fix the OL (2 Guards and 1 Tackle between FA and draft), we let the RB (sign or tag Miller) and WR talent grow for 1 more season. Then most importantly, we focus nearly exclusively on D-side upgrades and competition depth (add CBs, FS, OLB and MLB, then DE/DT depth rotation) via FA and Draft (6 of the 7 selections on this side of the ball probably), and then after 2016 season we finalize any adjustments to QB situation following stable OL measurement as our litmus test.

Plus the litmus test is new scheme via new HC and OC, let alone DC scheme, thats a major overhaul beyond worrying about 1 more year with Tannehill vs changing that spot out.

dgfred likes this.