1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Draft Tek Fins Mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by NJFINSFAN1, Jan 12, 2010.

Tags:
  1. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    1. Rolando McClain LB Alabama
    2. Jeremy Williams Wr Tulane
    3. Roddrick Muckelroy OLB Texas
    4. Garrett Graham TE Wisconsin

I know McClain, don't know much about the others.

http://www.drafttek.com/round42010.asp

2. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I'd be ok with it except I'm not high on Williams. I'd also think Muckleroy would be an ILB for us.

Passing on Von Miller, Golden Tate, and Navorro Bowman for Williams would not make me happy.

3. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I like picks 1 and 4, but we could do a lot better with picks 2 and 3.

adamprez2003 likes this.
  4. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    If you look through the draft, some of the picks are head scratchers (like how did that guy fall to the 4th? for example).

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Conuficus likes this.
  6. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Muckelroy is coming as are Kindle and Hughes. They'll be coming out of the oven soon. :up:

Anonymous likes this.
  7. Xeticus

Xeticus Junior Member

Mar 30, 2008
    I'd really be happy with picks 1 and 3. it'd beef up our defense considerably.

8. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Just use 2 and 4 on defensive players as well. Williams and Graham are less integral to a team than our mainstay defenses players may turn out to be.

9. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    There are Kindle and Hughes videos up already, just not the definitive Kindle review, or the definitive Hughes video.

10. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    It would be really interesting to compare those two. Project for another time, perhaps.

I think the world of the way that Hughes is able to read the action in the backfield and react instantaneously to it at high speeds. He's a speed rusher, there is no doubt about that. When you have it, flaunt it. But he has the ability to read draw within literally two steps, and immediately begin retracing. The other keen ability that Jerry Hughes has displayed is the ability to regularly defeat double and triple teams in pass rush.

There's a play in the one Hughes vid that I have up so far that is truly just outstanding. He rushes wide of a RT and cuts so far inside him so quickly the RT can barely get a hand on him. The RG has a zone protection and comes over to give a big shove to Hughes who is splitting the space between RT and RG. Meanwhile, the RB has been set to spy on Hughes from the backfield and he immediately comes up to fill the hole that Hughes has made for himself. You freeze frame and Hughes has a RT to his left putting paws on him, a RG shoving him to his right, and a RB trying to stone him from directly in front. Three players all trying to put a hit on Jerry Hughes. Where are the other 10 defensive players? Wherever they are, they've only got 7 offensive players plus a pocket passer to worry about. Oh but Hughes wasn't done, of course. Having already broken through the gates of the RT/RG combo and now with them to his sides and a RB in front, he is able to resist the RG's shove, then drag the RB off to his right, knock him off balance, cut inside of him and within 4 seconds of the start of the play, Jerry Hughes is now able to threaten the QB. So for the first 4 seconds of the play you've got a 10 vs 7+1 numbers advantage on defense, and after 4 seconds you've got a 11 vs 7+1 advantage.

Things like that happened a lot in the TCU-BYU game. Hughes was double and even triple teamed but he was always working his way back into the action by the end of the play.

The only problem is he does not attack the blockers with strength and a good punch at the point of attack. That's where Kindle, IMO, shines. Kindle attacks. And, I think he's got surprising power. You look at his long and lean frame and you don't think he should have power, especially as he generally keeps his hands low and his elbows tucked...but he's got it. It comes from his lower body explosion. What also comes from that lower body explosion is his wonderful ability to close on the football from a dead stop.

11. Frayser

Frayser Barstool Philosopher

Dec 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Draft Tek updated it's mock today:

1. Dez Bryant
    2. Sean Lee (ILB, Penn State)
    3. Brandon Lang (OLB, Troy)
    4. Tony Moeaki (TE, Iowa)

Bryant is the pick because both McClain and Spikes are off the board. They even have Odrick going before us. Brandon Graham goes a few picks later. To me, it's a wash between Graham and Bryant if McClain is off the board. With the signing of Brian Johnston and the news that Merling was asked to drop 10 pounds, SOLB might not be the need by draft time that I feel it is now.

I don't know much about the others at this point. Lee seems a bit undersized. Lang is a guy I want to watch more. I don't really remember seeing Moeaki much in the bowl game, but I was paying attention to other players.

12. Die_Nasty

Die_Nasty Well-Known Member

May 16, 2008
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Where did you see that Merling was asked to drop weight?