1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Draft Winds Mid Combine

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Boomer, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    Striking, Jackson, CaribPhin and 5 others like this.
  2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I adore the Kant like admonitions to "read it, or go get stuffed, I care not".

Fullbacks get no love, Schmitt was on the Eagles last season.

Boomer likes this.
  3. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    I actually think Henry Hynoski is the best FB in the draft.

Hurricane likes this.
  4. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Fullbacks just rarely are draft highly, if they are drafted at all, add in with the CBA stuff meaning no UDFA signings, can you see another FB being added via the draft?

2 yrs ago they seemed to like the FB from Syracuse and he went in the 6th rd maybe?

5. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    He may also 'out-slow' someone to borrow a term from Sterling Sharpe.

I just used Sterling Sharpe as a reference point..........................:cry:

6. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    It is a long offseason conu, shake it off...

Glad they are looking at Evan Royster.

Seems to me, that is my theory is, they are looking at guys based on where they have them slotted to go on the Draft Board:

Rd#1 Ingram
    Rd #3-#4 Scott/Bradford
    Rd #5-#6 Evan Royster/Cooper
    Rd #7 Clay/Tuia etc

Looked at that way those interviews make sense, I'd bet if you took the known interviews, then matched them to the prospects consensus draft grades, you'd have a fairly accurate picture of what the Dolphins Draft board looks like when it only has 150 players spread out over 7 draft picks in total, of course they will be ranked on talent not availability..imo

7. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    I recall someone mentioning Royster on some radio show somewhere a while back.............hmmmmmm.

8. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Hmm, seem to recall seeing him play pee wee ball in Jersey awhile back.....

9. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Oh, are you the one with the Dick Van Dyke accent or the one who wants to have Cam Newton's love child?

Boomer likes this.
  10. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    The one with lavender smelling hair.

padre31 likes this.
  11. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Nice to see some Housler love.

Boomer likes this.
  12. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Anyone else notice that Reagan Mauia is actually playing for the Arizona Cardinals and, dare I say, playing not terribly?

13. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    It's a new low.

14. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Ugh ... Well ... That's not much of a choice you're giving us. Contemplating the gun ... what to do ... what to do ... hmmm ... just not a good situation here ... life insurance is family's only hope for survival and shooting self will nullify ... bummer. Man, what a dilemma ... for the sake of the fam, I'll read it ... hopefully it won't kill me ...

;)

Liked the info you supplied - as you do so well every year - identifying players the Dolphins interviewed. I like the OL options for the Dolphins and like the note on Robinson.

I thought the same thing you noted about Julio Jones as soon as I saw his 40 time. Classic case of a guy who doesn't play like he runs 4.39. And, if he did that on a broken foot, he might even be a bit faster. That's really surprising. I like a lot of things about Jones - size, physicality, had a good coach in Saban, and he was no doubt a very good player for the Tide. But, he didn't look like a dominant game breaker, which is what you would expect from a player who goes 6'3 220 and runs under 4.4! Nevertheless, I do like him as a decent mid first round pick.

And, I also like Ingram (as I noted in another of your threads in the other forum). Unsure about his workout at the combine. But, the guy is just a good runner.

But, would love to go OL in round 1. Even if we didn't get Pouncey after trading down, I'd be happy with Carimi. He's a nasty player and I think you could pencil him in on the right side (RT) as a 10 year starter. We'd have to still shore up the middle with another OG/C later but wouldn't mind going that way. If we could grab a pick or two in round 3 ... and still get one of these guys ... I'd be happy with taking our chances on WR's RB's and TE's in those rounds.

Scoped out your top 100 on UD - obviously changed (as you had Pouncey as #5 guard). Where do you see Carimi V Costonzo as far as rating them at RT? I tend to think Carimi has a bit of an advantage in the running / nastiness game. But Costonzo in agility and pass block.

Boomer likes this.
  15. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Btw, Boomer, did you catch the ManU - Chelsea game? What did you think?

Incredible turn of events on the missed foul when Rooney was tripped - and Luiz had two yellow-card potential fouls that would have sent him off. Certainly was a good call that led to the penalty but doubt that would have gotten there had Luiz been sent off on the Rooney foul or the other hard foul he had earlier. (Though I want just good games in these matches - when officiating is that bad it's very frustrating that they don't change some things - have two officials on the field or have someone in the box watching film. And, give the referee a red card after the game if he misses those calls! Makes the game so much more arbitrary).

16. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    I did mate - but as a Liverpool supporter, any United loss is treated with glee!

17. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Boom, for all of the "we need more speed" stuff, do you or any of the UD crew have the feeling this is pretty much a Standard class of prospects that they have been interviewing?

Tall players with good, not great speed?