1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Draft Winds: Penultimate Week

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Boomer, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
  2. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Awesome write up you guys. As always, thanks for the time and effort. I challenge any team to top the quality & material.

Question: so how many of these things do you guys have to create before Dave Hyde's name is removed from big bold letters at the top? I like Hyde, but right now he seems like your pimp. just sayin. :lol:

Seriously, it should just say DRAFT WINDS. Bam. That's it.

3. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    PS: I haven't read the article yet, but I'm about to. Still think it's gonna be good.

:whistling:

4. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Hey Todd, it sounds like Simon is joining our doesn't "understand coverage" club:

"What I believe this team needs is genuine team speed, genuine breakaway playmakers. We simply do not possess stretch the field abilities. We don’t have a receiver that safeties fear over the top, a tight end that can stretch the deep middle or a back that can go to the house from 60 yards on a run or a swing pass...However I firmly believe that the Dolphins should go for gold with stretch the field talent early doors; a wide receiver with return ability, a tight end and two backs - a third down back with real speed (and return ability potentially) and a load carrying starter. So if Miami traded down in Round 1 and came off the clock in the 4th round and had added someone like Ryan Williams or Mark Ingram, Denarius Moore, Virgil Green and Jacquizz Rodgers then I for one would be a happy camper. We shall see."

I think Stringer and Disgustipate are gonna have to come in here and school him :lol:.

I for one TOTALLY agree. Trade down, target a main back, a big play WR, a seam busting TE, and a COP back. Do not deviate unless the board is decimated at those spots and/or there's great value to be had at one of the premium positions, QB, OT, CB, pass rusher.

Now, where do I send my resume'? :shifty:

ToddsPhins likes this.
  5. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    oh lord, now you've gone and done it. :lol:

GMJohnson likes this.
  6. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

If we really are the same person, shouldn't the above conversation scare you?

GMJohnson likes this.
  7. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    Stop pissing about and add some mocks to UniversalDraft.com!

How am I supposed to make my mock without copying off of you guys?

8. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Chris Neild would be a steal in the 7th round. I'd love that pick. Neild, Graig Cooper, and Allen Bradford would be outstanding IMO.

I agree with CK that we should throw a few late round RBs into the mix and let them battle it out for the final spot.

with a good line, I think we could be successful on the ground with Lex, Dion Lewis, Allen Bradford, and one of the playmaking COP backs.

9. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    you've been reading my Clemson thread in the NCAA forum haven't you. :tongue2:

10. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Interesting write up and approach (taking the later rounds first). But, extremely informative. I completely concur on the need to go offense in the first four picks and also think the team needs some explosiveness and speed (as well as more linemen).

Love the possibility of McElroy in round 5. But, I also see the problem of waiting that long to get a QB. But, I think McElroy could be a starter in this league if he improves some of his throwing. He certainly has the mind for the game.

I thought the Dion Lewis pick was interesting in the 6th - that would be quite a steal. I've seen a couple of mock drafts with him going much higher (round 3-4). I think McShay (not that he's much of an expert) has him going to Miami in round 3.

Gracias.

11. Sippi

Sippi Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Great read, just like all the other posts have been (even if I don't have any idea what penultimate means, lol)

Boomer likes this.
  12. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    it means final.

13. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    It means second last you halfwit.

Zanno likes this.
  14. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    I was thinkin along the lines of quarterwit myself.