1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drake admits he needs to be a little more punctual/professional

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Colmax, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Link: HERE

Was a little disappointed a few games back when Drake was yelling at coaches on the sidelines after a dumb penalty on a ST play.

I thought he was going to be getting more carries, but guys can sometimes let things get to them when they're not getting the playing time they think they deserve. Glad to see the team isn't playing into that and sort of having him earn his time.

Looks like he's going to have to put in some work. Williams looks solid in the times he's been in. Miami also had Jonas Gray come in for a looksie. This team really kicks the tires on folks. I really like it.

Fin-O and Bpk like this.
  2. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    With Foster retired, he's certainly got the opprotunity to see the ball more on offense if he gets his head straight, even with the way Ajayi has broken out and Williams has stepped up his own game. Hopefully, thats the motivation he needs.

3. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Yeah, we'll see if the coaches push the right buttons with him.

Some of these really talented guys take a little while, whether it's between the ears with them or an attitude thing, it could go either way. We'll see how much he wants it. I want him on the field, esp. catching it out of the backfield. I think he could be a beast against LBs in certain situations.

4. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    You're telling me there a rookie, yelling at the coaches? There. There's where I start losing faith in a coaching staff.

5. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Some individuals can be very unreasonable and selfish, esp. in heated situations. The staff is a little green, but with this admission, maybe he's growing? Since then, I've not really seen him on the field. So he has to earn his keep on STs before getting some real playing time. Bringing in Jonas Gray is interesting.

The coaches talking him up a little could simply be just that. Maybe he's trade bait? When's the deadline? Tonight?

6. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    He didn't see the field on offense against either Pittsburgh or Buffalo, and had two carries each vs the Bengals and Titans. The coaches are sending him a message. Its up to him to take it to heart and grow. If he were throwing tantrums and was still getting the ball, then I'd say the coaches are having trouble.

7. eltos_lightfoot

eltos_lightfoot Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2008
    This.

8. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    That's fair. Hadn't looked at it that way. Good call if that's the reason he's lacking playing time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mexphin, Fin D and eltos_lightfoot like this.
  9. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Dont be a baby Drake. Rizzi is your daddy. Christansen is your stepdaddy. Gase is your granddaddy.

Just do as you're told.

10. eltos_lightfoot

eltos_lightfoot Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2008
    I think we forget how young these guys are. I didn't exactly respect authority and automatically fall in line like a good little soldier in my early twenties. Look at Jay Ajayi. Pitched a hissy-fit, and got over it. No reason other young guys can't. Better than the Philbin approach. Having an "issue" with a player? Get rid of them for nothing and leave the team without talent.

11. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    If he is yelling at coaches he sits! no questions asked. and by sit I mean you don't dress

12. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    I think he just needs some Hotline Bling.