1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drop McNabb?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by daphins, Oct 6, 2009.

Tags:
  1. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    I'm wondering if I should drop McNabb? I picked up Flacco after he got hurt during week 1. Flacco has been great...but is he the real deal? Is it safe to drop McNabb? I need the extra roster spot this week....with only 4 free spots, on a large team I can't really afford to carry 2 QB's.

2. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    think long and hard about that move. you probably wont get him back.

3. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    Yeah I know :P He's a top of the 2nd tier QB, but right now Flacco is rolling as a 1st tier QB......what're the chances that he keeps it up? He hasn't put up a pedestrian performance yet. I'm taking it on the chin this week with bye's (was my plan) but there will come a point in the near future where I'll have to strongly consider pulling the trigger on this....

4. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    That's just insane. If anything, trade one of them.

McNabb is a borderline top 5 QB when healthy. There's no reason he won't come out on fire against a ****ty TB D.

late again likes this.
  5. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    How bad do you need the roster spot. McNabb is worth hanging onto if for nothing else than to keep him off someone else's roster. You just don't drop guys that talented without getting compensation.

Stitches likes this.
  6. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    I've got McNabb and I'm planning on starting him this week. He's also getting Westbrook back? They're playing Tampa? Unless you absolutely HAVE to drop him...don't.
    Even if you have Flacco, what happens if Flacco gets injured and out for the season? I think you almost have to carry 2 QBs, don't you?
    Think about it. You drop McNabb and Flacco goes down for the season. What do you do then? You'll be left with picking up someone like Cassell or Kerry Collins or Jake Delhomme.
    I understand gambling...but carrying only 1 QB is an awfully huge risk.

dolphinfn3454 likes this.
  7. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    Not really in our league. We have 16 positions (it's an IDP league) and only 4 roster spots. Any given sunday you'll have 2-3 guys on bye, meaning unless you want to drop a starter you have to use your roster spots intelligently.

Most teams (12 total) don't carry 2 QB's full time. They'll usually have a starter, and pick up a guy out of the FA on their bye week.

My team is as such...

QB
    Joe Flacco
    (Bal - QB)

Marques Colston
    (NO - WR)

WR
    Terrell Owens
    (Buf - WR)

RB
    Reggie Bush
    (NO - RB)

RB
    Marion Barber
    (Dal - RB)

TE
    Jeremy Shockey
    (NO - TE)

W/R
    Tim Hightower
    (Ari - RB)

BN
    Matt Forte
    (Chi - RB)

BN
    Devin Hester
    (Chi - WR)

BN
    Darren Sproles
    (SD - RB)

BN
    Donovan McNabb
    (Phi - QB) New player notes

K
    John Carney
    (NO - K) Player notes

D
    Jonathan Vilma
    (NO - LB)

Mike Peterson
    (Atl - LB)

Eric Weddle
    (SD - S)

Louis Delmas
    (Det - S)

Jason Taylor
    (Mia - LB,DE)

Elvis Dumervil
    (Den - LB,DE)

London Fletcher
    (Was - LB

Larry Foote
    (Det - LB)

I have a glut of talent at the RB position...trying to either trade up for a better #3 RB, or a stud #1. I have like 7 guys on a bye this week (as planned) so I can hold off for another week..but soon...