1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Review: Blues Joe Bonamassa "Live from The Royal Albert Hall"

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    I would like to thanks Brother Alan aka Pagan for bringing up Joe's awesome music. This DVD just came out this month. It is a 2 DVD package is just about 2 hours of great blues music. I have never saw a two drummer blues band but Joe has this going on. Bogie Bowles and Anton Fig on drums that kick butt. Joe is on vocals and guitar of course. Rick Melick is on keyboards, tambourine, and backing vocals. Carmine Rojas is on bass. Brass arrangements, Trumpet is Lee Thornburg. Sax is Sean Freeman. Trombone is Mike Feltham.

Paul Jones plays Harmonica on one song, as well as Eric Clapton plays guitar and vocals on one song. Joe plays with such great style, and the band keeps it flowing very nicely. I was very impressed with both DVD's. Godsmack has a set where they play two drum kits, but Bogie and Anton play the whole show that way. If you like great guitar, and or blues, this is a must have. It comes with a very nice booklet on Joe and the band as well.

This would make an awesome Christmas gift for the special someone on your list. I would definitely rate this 5 stars.:up:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEEfDdJyxPY"]YouTube - Joe Bonamassa - Live at the Royal Albert Hall DVD - Further on up the Road (Featuring Eric Clapton)[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkyOGz0dKvg&feature=related"]YouTube - Joe Bonamassa -Mountain Time - at The Royal Albert Hall in London on 4th May 2009.[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUZxqsrlm84&feature=related"]YouTube - Joe Bonamassa Albert Hall 2009 Just got paid[/ame]

Pagan likes this.
  2. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfAkgeD97B4&feature=related"]YouTube - 'So Many Roads' Joe Bonamassa at the Royal Albert Hall[/ame]

3. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Can't wait for this myself bro. My band is playing a benefit in December for a friend of ours who was badly injured in a motorcycle accident, and since she loves Joe we're breaking away from our normal genre and playing "So Many Roads" for her.

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  4. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    sorta brings back the memory of Duane and Dickie dueling it out with Butch and Jaimoe on the dual drums behind them

5. electric_viking

electric_viking New Member

Sep 25, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    I really like Joe Bonnamassa. If you can get your hands on the Double CD "Live Fron Nowhere in Particular" I highly recommend this for your listening pleasure.

I too am waiting for Royal Albert Hall to be released on Blu-Ray.

If you want to watch another guitar god in Blu Ray - may I suggest Jeff Beck at Ronnie Scott's - E.C. also plays on this one along with Joss Stone (amazing version of People Get Ready) and Imogen Heap (never heard of her before this DVD but what a fantastic voice)

6. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    i just bought the killers new DVD from Royal Albert Hall

7. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    That benefit we're doing was moved to tomorrow night. I'm going to try to get our version of "So Many Roads" filmed and put it on youtube.

It's just my drummer, myself and my guitarist Gregg playing it. The female singer from one of the other bands will be singing it. Wait until you hear Gregg play this song. One of his strongest points as a player is that he can play with feel as well as shredding.

But you'll hear that for yourself soon. :wink2:

Funny thing is, we were all joking that we needed "Blues Names" to play this song. So my drummer started calling me "Styles *****ley" for this gig. :lol:

8. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Brother I hope this went very well. Please let us know how the evening went.

9. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Okay it was awesome. Didn't get filmed as I thought it would, which was a shame...cause Gregg ripped it up. We played "So many Roads" and then at the request of teh crowd stuck around for one more song and blew the roof off the place with a rendition of Zep's "Rock & Roll".

I had a blast!

Fin Fan In Cali and anlgp like this.
  10. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

playing the blues kicks so much ***.

glad you had fun :up:

Pagan likes this.
  11. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Great stuff brother.:up: