1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EA Madden 2013

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by Tone_E, Apr 26, 2012.

1. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    They built the connected career mode from scratch too.

2. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Unfortunately, during offline franchise, you can only control one team (no multiple teams for more than one player) and when playing a game, only one controller can play the game. You can't play offline franchise with 2-4 players on the screen. My biggest vice.

I downloaded the demo and I must say I think it is the best football game I played. Damn you EA.

And GIK, you are acting as if EA just started on the infinity engine this year. They had how many years to develop a new engine? I think they did get lazy. You can put on facebook and twitter game results, you can play multiple players on the same screen in exhibition, why not in offline franchise? Feature isn't ready yet? How much code could possibly be required to allow multiple players on the same screen in OF? Seriously, it is either laziness, or calculated to sell more copies.

3. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Or they deemed other aspects more worthy of their time.

There are more than just 2 or 3 possibilities.

GridIronKing34 likes this.
  4. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    The thing is, Madden has been pretty status quo all these years, so why are features, or game modes that were existent for the last 5 years compromised because the ADD connected careers? Doesn't make sense.

5. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Because in years prior they were just building onto things they had already done, whereas in this iteration they've essentially started over.

If you want, think of this version as a franchise reboot.

6. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    Agreed, but without all of the fundamentals.

7. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    They are still making the fundamentals, however they are not up to quality for this release.

8. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    Just played the demo and I think the game is much improved from the last EA Football games I bought (NCAA/Madden 09). I put the speed of the game down to slow and really enjoyed it. However, the lack of fantasy draft and whatnot is a deal breaker for me. That is all I play, and it's how I am able to keep sports games fresh for me years after it came out. I most likely won't get this one because of the lack of certain features but I will keep my eye out for next year's edition.

9. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    Allowing multiple controllers on one screen for offline franchise mode is not up to quality standards? But it is for exhibition games? Really..cmon man. That is ridiculous on EA's part. How hard can it be to allow multiple controllers for offline franchise if it is already incorporated into exhibition games? Copy Code > Paste Code.

They did a lot with connected careers, don't get me wrong, but to not allow multiple controllers for OD is a fundamental flaw IMO.

10. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    No offense, bro... but you're in the minority in this one. I would expect a small percentage of Madden players do the franchise mode like you... thus it being not a priority.

11. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    Check the forums. Most people play offline franchise with multiple controllers, and or with multiple teams. Not that much of a minority. Most people hate the glitching, money plays, and nano blitzes and stay offline and use user created sliders to get the most out of Madden.

Do some digging, you will see that even if we are the minority, we aren't by much. And your online connected careers....enjoy not being able to use those very custom sliders that get the most out of Madden. Nope, you have to be Pro, All Pro, or All Madden, that is it. So, your online gameplay won't be near as good as those who play offline dynasty.

But, don't worry bro, they can't get everything done in a day right?

12. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Forum posters are not a large chunk of the amount of people that play the game. I really doubt that a lot of people are in your situation with multiplayer franchise (on the same system) but if you want to point to a forum as proof, feel free. It's as dumb as me saying "all Dolphins fans are stupid, look at the main boards on Finheaven!" It's all about priorities and if you believe that Madden doesn't have them in the right order, I do understand that.

I have waited a long *** time for them to blow up their franchise mode... their best franchise mode in my mind has been back when I owned a PS2 which was over 6 years ago and when I switched to the next-gen consoles, I was so disappointed in the franchise mode and it hasn't really been touched since then. So their priorities are looking like they are in much better order from my perspective... but to each their own.

13. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    Umm, ok...I don't agree that forums and online communities don't give a fair representation of who mostly plays online and who mostly plays offline.

But whatever, I am disappointed, but it is what it is. Although I said I will not buy the game, I changed my mind after playing it. It is the best football game play in a while. I will be simulating a franchise with my friends by playing exh. games in the order of the team we are controlling, but before doing that, simulate an entire season to the super bowl to see who our opponents would be in the playoffs and super bowl. It has come to that for us. Yes, I am disappointed but I will make due.

Hope the connected careers meets your expectations...seriously. Its just not my thing.

14. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    If you actually look at actual data from that is generally the case. Forums are the vocal minority.

Stitches likes this.
  15. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Yes but the coding shouldn't be that different when it comes to fantasy draft or editable rosters.

16. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    This is actually pretty spot on in most cases. Like the whole debacle with BW and the Mass Effect 3 ending. The forums had a lot of push that forced BW to do an extended cut.

17. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    That isn't true. They have actually explained why there isn't a fantasy draft.

18. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Linky?? I'd like to read it.

19. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    It would take time to find it. Basically the gist is that they created a story engine that runs in the background and getting it to work right now in fantasy draft isn't up to the quality they want it to be.

20. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    I hope their story mode then is fantastic.

21. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007

I do as well.

Fantasy drafts should be in next years Madden.

22. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    305 likes this.
  23. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    I was thinking about picking up NCAA 13 but it sounds awful.

Freezing issues on Dynasty mode, Awful blocking, poor attribute progression for certain positions. Man it sounds like a nightmare.

24. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Freezing was fixed in the patch from my understanding. The blocking for running is pretty mediocre... I haven't had too many issues with pass blocking. Attribute progression seems normal to me. The recruiting is vastly improved IMO.

If you are a big fan of recruiting then it's worth the buy... otherwise I'd stick to NCAA12.

Stitches likes this.
  25. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Well glad the freezing issue got fixed. I do love recruiting I found it for $30 free shipping on Ebay. I think that is a solid buy. I think the issue I read was awareness progression for DL and LB doesn't go over 70 in like years 5+

26. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Oh... I haven't looked into that really. Stitches may know though... he's probably on year 20 of his offline dynasty :lol:

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  27. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Got the demo. Seems "cartoonish" so far. Very "electric football" feel to the movements. Not smooth or realistic at all. The run blocking is ****ing atrocious. There has been MULTIPLE times I have ran a sweep with a lead blocker way out in front, with one defender, and he moves right past him allowing the tackle.....that is so god damn frustrating. Another time I have ran a screen, running down field, my lineman is facing me as a defender gets past to make the tackle.

Controlling the wr after a pass is diffcult, tackling is fine, passing is fine, defending is ok. Cant break a block in pass rush to save my life, even with monsters like Tuck or Umineora.

So far....not impressed at all. Been playing on allpro, winning all games, so its not like I am pissed I am losing or anything......just not impressed at all, and considering I havent played madden since madden '10....thats not good.

28. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    From some videos I saw certain animations felt a bit off like very mechanical. Its a weird thing to design a game based off a physics engine but not fully use it.

29. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I was thinking earlier about one thing that really bothered me about the demo... that was about players tripping over one another after the play. I felt like it wasn't a huge issue but an annoyance. Then I remembered that the NCAA13 demo had a similar type of thing going on (players would run into one another after the play) and I hadn't really noticed it in the actual game version... so I'm hoping they fix that in the polished version of Madden but we'll see I guess.

30. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    I hope injuries can't happen after a play :lol:

31. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Oh wanted to ask regarding NCAA 13. The one thing that was annoying when players declared for the draft it was a list and what bugged me was certain star players like 90+ overall wouldn't declare for the draft and it was mind boggling. Is it still like that?

32. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    I agree on the tripping... was very annoying and common. Try playing the game in a slower speed- you might find it more enjoyable. Still a nonpurchase for me but I'll keep the demo around whenever I want to play a game.

33. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Well I mean, I have been playing with low-end schools (Idaho and FIU) starting as offensive coordinator. I haven't had an Idaho player go pro yet (aren't good enough) but my FIU quarterback went pro after his senior year. He was around a 90 overall as a junior but went back to school. I was a little surprised but it didn't blow my mind or anything. Stitches may have better insight though.

34. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Great underclassmen (ratings-wise) who have great years definitely seem to go pro.

35. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    When the players declare have you seen anyone recognizable not declare like Marcus Lattimore or Matt Barkley?

36. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Barkley is a SR, and I only pay attention to my teams, sorry.

37. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    So I'm just now reading there is no Import draft class feature period for Madden 13... Am I reading this wrong?

Nope I'm just going stop reading madden stuff. I'll get it when it comes down in price. Not sure if its worth that $60 price tag.

38. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Welcome to two months ago.

39. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    I thought it was taken out for online mode, like roster edits, and fantasy draft mode.

It seems next years Madden will be the real deal (maybe?)

40. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Well looks like I wont be getting NCAA 13. The guy selling it on Ebay the item was removed by ebay and he is no longer a registered user lol...