1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eagles & Bears

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by GISH, Sep 28, 2008.

Tags:
  1. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    DeSean Jackson MUFFS

Hahahahhaahahahahaa!!!!!!!

2. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    TD Booker!!!! Wooot!!!!!

3. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

The last play of the eagles drive with the run from buckhalter was over the plane of the goal line. It was ruled to be stopped. On several replays I saw it go over. Regardless of your opinion on the play why was it not challenged?

I understand if it was ruled to stand that you'd lose a timeout but if it's reversed and it's a TD that's a huge huge call. This had me stunned. :pity:

4. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    I don't think he ever crossed the goal-line. Wasn't even close IMO.

The real problem is the playcalling it was flat out terrible whenever they got to the goal-line.

5. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    You cant challenge past the 2:00 mark. The officials wouldve had to review it.

6. anlgp

wasn't that before it? you can challenge up to the next play after the 2 min warning.

7. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    MeSean is still the man. :cool:

8. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I didn't think there was anyway he was over the line. He was almost a whole yard short. Once Alex Brown got his hands on him off the edge, it was over for him. You can't challenge under two minutes like FS said.

Some thoughts on the game are Matt Forte and his play. Forte is going to be a good back in this league. I don't know what other guy or when was the last time I saw a guy as big as him be so quick and make good cuts. He can pass protect as he picked up Gaither a few times last night despite Gaither being in the backfield often. He chipped the rushing defensive end on one play but their LT, St. Clair (?), screwed up his part of the block. He was suppose to be inside while Forte chipped Cole outside. He's working on his pass catching game but he's pretty good at it. We saw him get free on a route down the sideline but was overthrown by Orton. Forte will quickly become a complete back if he isn't one already.

Orton needs to learn to protect the ball better but played decent enough to help win the game last night. He made a few good throws and then made some bad ones. He's very good in the red zone though except for the interception. I think that may have been Clark's fault, I'm not sure.

Both teams have to manage to stay healthy though. We saw Vasher and Tillman go out last night. Vasher came back though. Shawn Andrews missed the game, so did Westbrook, Buckhalter got injured again (no surprise) and McNabb had a chest contusion.

I liked what the Bears defense did out there. They gave up 20+ points but played really well IMO.

Akers missed a couple FG's, surprised somewhat. I thought my boy Idonije would at least block one of those. ;) Btw, I like Marcus Harrison, the DT out of Arkansas. Nice scouting job by the Bears on him.

On the Eagles side, they're offense has been regressing since week one and two. They're averaging 20 less points than the first two weeks and over 130 yards less of total offense. It may have to do with them playing good defenses, Pittsburgh and Chicago though. Westbrook makes a huge difference for them and needs to get back asap. Reggie Brown had a nice game. McNabb made good throws but was on the ground a few times. I think the Bears got to him three times but I could be wrong. As John Madden constantly pointed out the obvious, McNabb knew what he wanted to do when the Bears went into a Cover 2.

Overall, I thought it was a really good game.

9. anlgp

I mixed my times up. My fault.

And as far as the camera angle maybe the overhead one wasn't looking right over the goal line.

on the Eagles side of the ball I think Jackson is going to be an awesome receiver. Yeah, I know he showboated against the Cowboys and dropped the ball against Chicago; but he's had big yard games for every game he's been in.

1 DeSean Jackson PHI WR 22 327 14.9 81.8 60 1 6 2 12 54.5 1

NFL Stats: by Player Category

It's hard to argue with that.

Quick look. Jackson has 327 total yards. The player closest behind him is Forte w/147.

10. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    I wouldnt cry if Ginn was putting up those numbers :pity: Step it up family man, we need you!

11. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    I also think the overhead shot showed him going over the line. The one from the sideline was close. But curious no review, and no comment whatsoever by michaels and madden even when the overhead shot showed him going over the line. Madden was too busy fellating the chicago defense by that point to reverse their stance ...

anlgp likes this.
  12. anlgp

yeah i think the booth should have reviewed it.

13. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    i think it should have been challenged, but really, i can't believe they ran it 4 times like that. it's reminiscent of the game years back where the eagles D held emmitt smith on the goal line about 6 carries in a row (there was a penalty in there)- amazing defensive play, questionable offensive play calling.. buck and lobook are nowhere near the blocker that westbrook is. saw them whiff on a bunch of blocks. (good thing we have beasts at RB and TE :) )

14. anlgp

well i had my times mixed up when I posted the original thread. it would have had to have been reviewed by the booth. that's a game deciding play. i don't like that it wasn't reviewed.

i agree, 4 runs ...?