1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Editorial: Tebow, the Gospel comes to Joizy

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by padre31, Mar 22, 2012.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, here it is, the religious dimension to the Jest acquiring Tim Tebow.

In my mind, I think he shall be treated as something of a novelty, Jersey is not known for being particularly "religious" and yet, every time a mic is stuffed at him..we know what we shall hear.

I give the lad 2 yrs until he meets a nice Roman Catholic girl and is married before he knows it.

Still and all though, from a faith perspective, this is a good thing, high profile athletes can be as Christian as they wish to be, in the northeast....they shut up about it.

Tim Tebow...and I respect him for this, is the exact opposite, how many hurting people will he reach, and how many slings and arrows will be cast upon him?

2. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    You are assuming that being Christian somehow makes you more moral or is good in some way. I'm not saying it is bad, but honestly I'd say I have much higher moral values when it comes to human life than just about anyone and I'm non religious. Being religious or not in no way impacts whether you are a good person and honestly I'd rather him shut up about it than throw his imagined superiority in my face.

3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Or, he is genuinely nice and unlike most "religious" and it is a bit disturbing?

I say that not as some flag of supriority, more as an observation on the reaction seems to illicit from the non religious.