1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elephant in the Room

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Pandarilla, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    I need to feel better about Jimmy Wilson. There hasn't been one thread devoted to how this kid is gonna handle himself. Brady and Belichek just have to be game planning on how to exploit him.

Staying silent and pretending he's going to be okay is just the type of treatment you get before being made the scapegoat.

His tackling doesn't exactly inspire me. He's been a feel good story, but I'd feel uneasy if I didn't bring up my concern with him.

I hope Coyle has a realistic plan for Mr. Wilson this Sunday...'Cause I know the Pats will.

[​IMG]

Bpk likes this.
  2. huck1974

huck1974 FU Gene Steratore

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
    I agree, but its not like the guy he replaced was exactly setting the world on fire. I know that his role has changed due to the fact the LBs suck, but it is what it is to a certain point in my opinion.

3. P h i N s A N i T y

P h i N s A N i T y My Porpoise in Life

Apr 19, 2012
    Treasure Coast, FL
    Jimmy will be playing as much a role as he did last time we played and beat them, only in a position more natural to him. Luckily this time we wont be asking street FA 's and/or practice squad safeties to play corner with him.

4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Eh, he has been a solid player for us and a good enough ballhawk so I'm not too concerned

More concerned about the Lb corps matching up with their Te's

5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    He tackled horribly in preseason..I like it better when he was the elephant.

Pandarilla and PhinFan1968 like this.
  6. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Here is what my elephant in the room is:

One way calls on the "new" pass interference rules, let's face it the Patriots get huge numbers of questionable calls and NO ONE ever talks about it.

Can recall Solder basically tackling Wake play after play no call, patsies fumble..nope etc

Jimmy Wilson is small potatoes to that reality.

Pandarilla, xphinfanx and Fin-Omenal like this.
  7. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University

It's sad how true this really is.

8. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    what if I told you that there is a player out there that is 6'7 250 lbs and moves and covers like a corner, and can rush the passer, and run like a gazelle, would you like that?

9. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    No. Because the player you are referring to is suspended for being a moron, and hasn't really shown anything at this level at this point.

As for the thread itself... I'm not sure why it needs pointing out that we should be concerned with Jimmy Wilson. I mean... of course we should be. He doesn't belong as a starter. Theres just nothing we can do about it because the other moron on our D is also suspended. So... really... it is what it is. what did you want the team to do? Go out and trade our first round pick for another safety for 4 weeks? I mean.. there's just not much you can do here... Jones made the bed for us... the defense has to lie in it and make due.

Pandarilla and LBsFinest like this.
  10. huck1974

huck1974 FU Gene Steratore

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
    Jones got a fat pay check but besides that, I'm not sure what makes him all that and a bag of chips. He was below average last year and the guy replacing him may be also. Not sure there is any difference in my opinion. It is what it is.

11. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    I am extremely concerned when the last line of defense includes two guys that cant tackle.

12. TooGoodForDez

TooGoodForDez Deion Sanders for GM

Feb 26, 2013
    Jimmy said he considers it a promotion, today on qam, he wants to be a starter, not just a nickel.

Pandarilla likes this.
  13. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Dion is a moron for what he did..his coaches and trainers are as well.

As far as Jimmy goes, just don't fall for the misdirection..stay disciplined and when you key run, come up, wrap and make p,ays in the run.

He's small, and most of their receivers are over 6'2, he's got a challenge on his hands for sure..

14. Oghma

Oghma Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Scotland
    And they're going to be required to tackle a lot when our Lbs are getting beat underneath.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

15. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I would have liked to see Jimmy Wilson spend a lot of preseason gametime with the 1's actually.

16. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Bingo. Linebacker situation last year did not help anybody.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

17. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Jones had a down year and was still twice the safety Wilson is. Also at least Jones has flashed reasons to be happy about his play at safety. Wilson has flashed reasons to cringe. Though I hope he plays well.