1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elephant in the room

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Pandarilla, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Ya know, I've seen a lot of information leading up to this draft, and nobody I've read so far has brought up the obvious. Why aren't writers pondering any potential draft day trades involving Dion Jordan and the 49ers. Chip Kelly is the new coach and he's certainly open to trade possibilities.

Seems like a reasonable risk for the 49ers to gamble on. Maybe it's been in play all along. I mean, why so hush hush with Dion Jordan updates. Not a peep from the agent, either. Just seems really fishy to me.

We could even sweeten the deal to trade first round picks for Dion plus mayber a fourth. I don't know, it just seems weird to me that nobody would mention this possibility.

At #7, Miami would be in a good spot to land one of their more coveted prospects.

I'd do it, would you?

2. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    I would take a half eaten bag of Cheetos and a flat Diet Coke for Jordan right now. If we could get anything, it would be shocking.

3. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    That's probably the exact same sentiment the Eagle's fans initially had about Maxwell and Alonso.

dolphin25 and LBsFinest like this.
  4. Finster

Finster Finsterious Finologist

Jul 27, 2013
    I would do it in a heart beat, but DJ has zero value, he is one failed test away from an indefinite suspension, and has performed no better than a back up when he did play.

5. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    I'd do it...without any hesitation. I hope that they do it.

dolphin25 and Pandarilla like this.
  6. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Jesus, I know...We need to rename the stadium to Golden Seal Stadium.

He's from Oregon, what did they expect?

Finster likes this.
  7. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Hard pressed to find a single GM that would be willing to trade the un-popped kernels in a bag of microwave popcorn in exchange for Dion Jordan.

If Tannenbaum can find one, he may be worth keeping around.

dolphin25 and Pandarilla like this.
  8. Finster

Jul 27, 2013
    Haha, Golden Seal Stadium, that was a good laugh, it would have fit in good on the Perfectville show that had the alternate stadium names.

Pandarilla likes this.
  9. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    What does Orville Reddenbacher's testicles have to do with Dion Jordan?

Finster and MikeHoncho like this.
  10. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    They're both suspended indefinitely (heyoooo!)

MikeHoncho and Finster like this.
  11. Finster

Jul 27, 2013
    Heyoooo, still laughing at that one.

12. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    This lead up to the draft is driving me mad, MAD I say!

13. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    [​IMG]

305 and Pandarilla like this.
  14. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    [​IMG]

I know, I know...I just had complete faith that adding Orville Reddenbacher's testicles to the conversation would pay off, ya know!?!

the rest just came to me serendipitously like a gravy train of comedy...

Finster likes this.
  15. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    theres three scenarios Rilla..

1} we are doing what your wishing but were keeping it quiet and acting like we dont even know if he's tried to reinstate himself..Tannebaum said that the other day, hard to believe we aren't keeping track of a multi million dollar investment.

2} He turned into a fat drugie bum.

3} Kiko and Ifo were aquired in part because of their connection to Dion, and he is training in a cellar ready to unleash when its time..we've heard some things like earl mitchell going to arizona and working out with him.

Pandarilla likes this.
  16. Finster

Jul 27, 2013
    Nice usage of serendipitously :up:

Pandarilla likes this.
  17. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    He's a mystery wrapped up in an enigmatic doobie...I could believe a percentage of all three are going on. Speaking as a fellow grvitationally challenged shaman, of course.

18. tirty8

tirty8 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2016
    Swapping first round picks and giving a 4th for DJ???? There is only one team in the league who would swap a first round for worthless players. We would be LUCKY to get a conditional 2017 7th round pick.

For people trying to assess the value of our players, ask yourself, "If I were the 49ers, would I swap first round picks for and pick up a 4th round pick for a player who has failed multiple drug tests and is facing an indefinite suspension especially considering the fact that he might be released anyway?"

Come on, guys.

dolphin25 likes this.
  19. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Can you even trade a player under a suspension? When he's reinstated he still won't have any value until teams at least see if he doesn't weigh 300 lbs or can stay out of rehab. I think if we cut him there would be some interested teams but I don't see anyone giving up anything of any value for him.

20. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    'cause he sucks

21. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    These aren't comparable. Dion Jordan was kicked out of the league, and hasn't shown a great desire to get back in.

Beyond that, his play when he was on the field wasn't near what it was from either Alonso or Maxwell.

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  22. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I was thinking more along the lines of a bologna sandwich with 3 irregular bites out of it, with a handful of cheetos. Non flat, but generic soda.

Honestly though, how are there still Dolphin fans that think this guy has any value whatsoever after everything that's happened with this guy? This isn't going to be a redemption story. There isn't anyone in the league that can turn his career around. He's just another in the extremely long list of embarrassing draft day failures of the Miami Dolphins.

dolphin25 and Georgia Fin like this.
  23. Phoenician Fan

Phoenician Fan Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Dion,his agent, the Dolphins organization.....none of them are under any obligation to discuss his status. We don't even know if he has indeed requested reinstatement.

If he is reinstated, the only way to ever get value out of him is to work with him and develop his skills. When I say that, I am talking about the gifts,talents, and skills that Dion actually has; not the stuff they wish he had. It was just an unbelievably BAD idea to try to make a guy with Jordan's talents into an every down 4-3 DE, and bulk him up to near 280. Really effin stupid. He was a buck LB, a joker, a hybrid. He was also a five star recruit as a TE coming out of HS.

Everyone is talking about guys who are the new hybrid LB types. Fast undersized LB's with strong coverage skills. Jordan could do all that and more if they let him play at a more natural weight of 245, or even less. If he were to weigh in around 240 and peak condition, that would give us a coverage LB/SS at over 6'6" with 34 inch arms,10 inch hands, and legitimate 4.5 speed. We wouldn't need a Shaq Thompson type.

We may even be able to use him as a TE ala Jason Taylor.

On the other hand, he may never see time in an NFL game again....ever.

dolphin25, Pandarilla and djphinfan like this.
  24. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    It better be a fried bologna sandwich or the deals off!!

dolphin25 and MonstBlitz like this.
  25. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I have no hope that Jordan will ever either play another down for us or be traded for anything of value, but if we could move him for anything at all, I'll be overjoyed. If nothing else, I hope we at least cut him when we're able and gain back 3 mil in cap room.

26. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    In no way shape or form is Dion Jordan worth anything close to a fried bologna sandwich. Now I'm hungry!

Sceeto and Georgia Fin like this.
  27. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    The only I can think of is if we work out a trade with Chip Kelly s Niners . He could be the thrown in to close the deal.:wink2:

Pandarilla likes this.
  28. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii

First of all, Jordan hasn't applied for or been granted approval to play in 2016. At this point, the best you can expect to receive in a trade for Jordan is a cold cup of coffee.

Kelly is not the GM of the 49ers and I would be extremely surprised if the 49ers or any other team have any interest in a trade for Jordan. All he has proven in the past three years is that he prefers getting high over playing football and when he does play football at the NFL level, he isn't very good at it.

If Kelly does have any interest in Jordan. He should just wait a few months and I have no doubt he will have an opportunity to entice Jordan to join the 49ers, once the Dolphins cut him.

29. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    great logical thinking, really wish and wonder why the coaching staff could not do that.

30. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Hell, I would make a phone call to San Francisco and see if they would be interested in swapping Jordan for OT Anthony Davis.

Pandarilla likes this.
  31. Finster

Jul 27, 2013
    I think the problem there is that he doesn't have the football acumen to play LB, nor does he have the strength to play on possible run downs, putting a TE on him was like adding a 6th lineman, he is weak at the point of attack.