1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Encouraging but we do not know what we have yet.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dorfdad, Aug 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Everyone is excited and we should be. This preseason has been more exciting than the entire regular season last year, but lets temper it. We still have alot of questions.

While Chad has looked good. He's not going to be able to play 16 games if history has proven anything. We need to get the backup position locked down and it looks like Henne will be the man even after his struggles last night.

Our new offensive line and our young defense has not be truly tested yet.

Its not hard to go out there and play balls to the wall for a quarter and a half or 2 quarters in preseason. What about the 3rd and 4th quarters that starters are expected to play! Will we tire out in the 3rd or 4th and start allowing big plays late in the game? Likely that after 2 quarters offenses will start seeing weakness on D and exploit them.

Its real important for this team to score fast and often in the first half to build confidence and keep the defense rested.

So while we are excited we are not sure what kind of team we have yet. Game one against the Jets will be a great one to show how far we have come and need to go...

I expect a savy QB like Brett Farve to find the holes and exploit them early on. How we adjust to them is a telling sign for me. I wish we were starting against KC or another team to build confidence but if we can somehow beat the Jets who are slotted as a playoff team and ESPN's team of the year (based on the coverage and PR they are getting) it will carry this team a long way.

Stay grounded guys we need to prepare for a bumpy season and if we make 7-8 or 8-8 we had a great year!!!

2. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    I'm grounded but excited. They do seem to be getting some much needed swagger that we have been missing. If we win 7 or 8 games I will be so happy.

3. Darkoak

Darkoak Gone for good.

Apr 4, 2008
    I'm already happy that the team may be on the right track after 10+ years of not being on the right track. Finally we had a FO come in and essentially blow up the team and start fresh.

Colorado Dolfan, gafinfan and cnc66 like this.
  4. SuncoastFinsFan

SuncoastFinsFan Banned

Apr 12, 2008
    If we win 7 games, I think that will be incredible.

I expect us to win four, maybe five games.

This year, I think we change our culture. Next year, I think we'll see the dividends of having a solid foundation on which to build.

We have alot of young players that are being asked to carry this team, and at the same time learn a completely new system in every facet of our franchise.

Next year, as FAs and draft picks come in, they'll be able to just assmilate to the systems that are already in place. Right now, everything is new to everyone.

I think we'll see some growing pains this year as well as some good things that we don't expect as that growth takes shape.

While this season may be tough to endure, its a great time to be a Fins fan.

Dorfdad, evz, mullingan and 3 others like this.
  5. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    I enjoyed what I've seen this preseason, but it is what it is, just preseason. I still think we will be better than last year, but 7 or 8 wins? Look, if we win 4games, we've made tremendous strides this year. Anyting more than that is icing on the cake, but definately should not be expected. After another solid draft next year, then look for your 7 to 8 wins with a couple extra here and there, but we are still another year away IMO.:up:

Dorfdad likes this.
  6. ScottishFin

ScottishFin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Its football season , we could be playing the local girl guides and I would be excited :D

7. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Was thinking and typing the same thing.:up:

8. Idahophin

Idahophin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Snake River Plain
    Last preseason didn't get me excited. It seems that Cam didn't have the team prepared.

Now this year the team seems prepared to play. I am looking forward for the season to watch this team develope. :yes:

9. nighttrain76

nighttrain76 New Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I see a team that is going to dominate the line on both sides of the ball. Sure, Long will miss some assignments but I think with that veteran QB back there and with Henne watching/learning this is a 7 - 8 win team. I'm in no way saying super bowl or playoffs but we will scare the hell out of some teams i.e. Pats and Chargers. I 'm going on record right now saying on Sept 7th, Dolphins 19 - Jets 13!! We are going to run the rock about 30 - 35 times (Ricky, Ronnie, and Cobb combined). Penne is sick with the play action. We are going to have some quick games this year with all the running they will do.

mullingan likes this.