1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ER

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by dolphindebby, Mar 27, 2009.

1. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    I don't know if any of you like ER or not, but I'm (my sister too) grieving over it going off. We've watched it for 15 years, missing very few episodes.
    Our instructor in college used to make sure we got out by 9:30 pm to get home in time to watch it on Thursdays.
    Just wanted to let you know I'll be in mourning for a while, especially after the final episode next Thurs.:cry:

2. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    It sucks when something becomes a part of your life and is taken away, guess all good things have to come to an end.

3. dolphindebby

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    I know.
    They've just made this last season so sad etc. The writing this season has been terrific the way they brought back old characters.
    Oh well, I'll survive, but Thursdays will never be the same. :no:

4. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    i don't watch ER, but I kinda gathered that it looked like each episode this season they bring back an old character and kill off another. Is that what it has been like? And is that really what the die-hard fan such as yourself was looking for in a last season? I feel like if I was really attached to a show for 15 years I'd be upset if the last season was just re-hashing old plots and old characters that you thought had been killed off or whatever that case may have been.

like I said, I'm not a fan of ER and I'm not the producers, so maybe this is exactly what you wanted, just was wondering if you knew how the majority of fans feel about it

5. dolphindebby

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Only one of the Drs died in the first episode.
    They've brought back some characters, but it's all been really unique how they write the story around them.
    I'm upset about it going off, sure, but the writers have never disappointed me.
    Most fans are just grieving because it's going off.
    It's so funny how you can get attached to tv characters like this. But, I've truely enjoyed all 15 years.

pennphinfan likes this.
  6. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Man...15 years.

ER parallels my personal history in that it began the year I separated from my wife and began a journey to a new life.

I watched it unfailingly the first few seasons then fell away; to turn around and find out it is ending after 15 seasons brings home the amount of time that has passed in my life as well.

Sherry Stringfield was always a personal favorite. :yes:

TheMageGandalf and dolphindebby like this.
  7. wpgfishfan

wpgfishfan Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    In the last show a bunch of them come back to help Dr. Carter as he opens a new wing under the Carter name for the hospital

I always like Romano before he got killed by the copter which was lame

dolphindebby likes this.
  8. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    Never really watched this show but I can relate.

After watching Frasier for 11 years non-stop it was really sad for me and my wife to let it go.

NaboCane likes this.
  9. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    it sucks when a show you love goes off the air, but i never got into ER. unfortunately i have to say i am really sick of the promos for the show over this last season. they are way over the top, imo

10. DevilFin13

DevilFin13 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Just finished watching the finale. I watched the show at the beginning. I stopped watching about a few years after Anthony Edwards' character died. He was such a great character. The show was great. Seeing the clips from the great episodes was cool. I'm kind of glad I was young when I watched them because if I had seen some of those now I would ball my eyes out like a little baby. Great writing. Great actors. Sorry to see it go but it had a hell of a run.

11. dolphindebby

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    I really loved the ending.
    Carter and Greens daughter were just going to keep it going as usual.
    Like Green mentored Carter.
    I agree excellent writing and actors.
    I actually didn't cry tonight. It's just sad to think about it being gone for good. :sad:

12. DevilFin13

DevilFin13 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Yeah seeing Green's daughter was a nice touch, sort of tying up a loose end.

Its like the old guy who had been with his wife for 72 years. You know it has to end but its so hard to deal with the realization of it actually happening.

13. dolphindebby

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    You are good. I didn't put that together with the ending of the show. The writers are really good.

This show has made me cry more than anything I can remember over the years. But I loved every minute of it.

DevilFin13 likes this.