Eric Winston And Winston Justice Coming To Miami

60 replies

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
May 1, 2013, 12:41 PM

"surferosa wrote:

Seven sacks.

I read it was 4 sacks. It was Justice's first start, early in his rookie season, 2006. He was very inexperienced at LT, and Osi was in his prime, but yeah let's judge Justice's entire ability based on that game. The following week he faced Peppers, and did much better.

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
May 1, 2013, 12:43 PM

"Styla wrote:

The movie is castaway with Tom Hanks,and he named that ball Wilson,it was his buddy on the island.

I think I saw the movie once, or part of it. Didn't seem to grab my interest all that much. It wasn't directed by Clint, QT, or the Coens, so it isn't one I'd have sought out to see. :)

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

CitizenSnipsCitizenSnipsNew Member
May 1, 2013, 12:47 PM

"MrClean wrote:

I read it was 4 sacks. It was Justice's first start, early in his rookie season, 2006. He was very inexperienced at LT, and Osi was in his prime, but yeah let's judge Justice's entire ability based on that game. The following week he faced Peppers, and did much better.

For real though, why would we want this guy over Martin? Maybe martin never went against a guy like Osi in his prime but martin never came close to getting purely dominated like Justice did.

ItsDFreshItsDFreshNew Member
May 1, 2013, 01:16 PM

I think we are going to address RT this week. I think Winston Justice is not going to be signed. It comes down to either Winston or Clabo. For my money I would rather have clabo on the right side and have the line look like this.

LT - Martin
LG- Thomas / Louis
C- POUNCEY!
RG- Incognito
RT- Clabo

We would have good depth on the line with louis and garner.

Phoenician FanPhoenician FanForum Veteran
May 1, 2013, 01:22 PM

"CitizenSnips wrote:

For real though, why would we want this guy over Martin? Maybe martin never went against a guy like Osi in his prime but martin never came close to getting purely dominated like Justice did.

Justice led the entire NFL in PBE the first six weeks last year.

When healthy......Let me say it again....when healthy, Justice is as close to unbeatable as it gets. He is beyond freakish when it comes to athleticism. His vertical is almost 40 inches, and the rest of the tests are similar.

The guy just has no durability or toughness. When he gets banged up you might as well take him off the field. He can't play hurt; However........he is only going to cost a little more than league minimum and is only 28.

I would be plenty happy if he could play healthy at an elite level for half a season at that price, and who knows? perhaps he will stay healthy for a whole season for a change.

Can he play LT?? I think he would be a lot better at LT, he ain't no road grader, he is a pass protection beast.

FinsUpFinsUpNew Member
May 1, 2013, 01:25 PM

I say let's sign Clabo or Winston. Martin can play LT this year.

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
May 1, 2013, 01:32 PM

"CitizenSnips wrote:

For real though, why would we want this guy over Martin? Maybe martin never went against a guy like Osi in his prime but martin never came close to getting purely dominated like Justice did.

We aren't considering Justice over Martin. If he were signed, he'd play RT and Martin LT. The game against Osi was 7 years ago. He was a rookie reserve who was forced to start like the 3rd or 4th week of the season for the first time, due to an injury. He was highly inexperienced at LT, and Osi was at his best. He improved the following week against Peppers.

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

7777FinFanSupporter
May 1, 2013, 02:56 PM

I've seen several people mention Richie moving to the right side. Why is that?

LarryfinfanLarryfinfanSupporter
May 1, 2013, 03:49 PM

"77FinFan wrote:

I've seen several people mention Richie moving to the right side. Why is that?

ritchie was on the right side, quite successfully before coming to Miami. It's arguably his natural side. Either way, he's not likely to be here after this season, provided JJ shows more and Thomas works out...

SceetoSceetoForum Veteran
May 1, 2013, 04:30 PM

Well, at least, we know we'll probably be getting a Winston of some sort.

May 1, 2013, 05:04 PM

I'd prefer Clabo - Winston - McKinnie - Justice in that order.

But not super interested in the last two - unless we also signed Clabo or Justice and then landed one of the other two.

FinrunnerFinrunnerForum Veteran
May 1, 2013, 06:01 PM

"Styla wrote:

It's actually one of my favs..lol

As far as our Oline is concerned, hell why don't we just sign 2 of them?..:shifty:

I see your Shifty Smiley, but really, while not probable, I don't think what you've said is totally outlandish. I could see us doubling down on a pair of those guys if the price is right.

GO DOLPHINS !!!
WAR EAGLE !!!

Dolfan4LifeDolfan4LifeForum Veteran
May 1, 2013, 06:40 PM

"Styla wrote:

It's actually one of my favs..lol

As far as our Oline is concerned, hell why don't we just sign 2 of them?..:shifty:

I'd like to sign 2 of them way better than to trade for Albert! :yes:

Pray for the lost souls, injured and families that have been affected in the Boston Marathon explosion

Dolfan4LifeDolfan4LifeForum Veteran
May 1, 2013, 06:48 PM

"Styla wrote:

If we can get Albert, which of the 4 guys we brought in would you like to sign with him. Or what 2 of the 4 would you like us to sign?

I don't want us to trade for Albert at all! I would like us to get Winston as starting RT and Clab/Justice as backup OT, or McKinnie as starting LT and Clabo/Justice as backup OT! What about you?

Pray for the lost souls, injured and families that have been affected in the Boston Marathon explosion

Dolfan4LifeDolfan4LifeForum Veteran
May 1, 2013, 06:55 PM

"Styla wrote:

Replace Martin and Jerry with any of those guys that fit the position and I'm cool...til Martin can handle the position...Guess, I'm just looking for a quick fix, like when I go to Vegas and I meet up with a....well that's for another time.

Yeah we're talking Dolphins and not Vegas, lol!

I'm fine with Martin on both sides, it looks like he got stronger and a full offseason will help him as well! Don't forget that he played LT in college and was one of the highest rated OT's in last years draft!

Pray for the lost souls, injured and families that have been affected in the Boston Marathon explosion

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
May 1, 2013, 07:03 PM

"Styla wrote:

If we can get Albert, which of the 4 guys we brought in would you like to sign with him. Or what 2 of the 4 would you like us to sign?

McKinnie for LT and Eric Winston for RT.

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
May 1, 2013, 07:05 PM

"Dolfan4Life wrote:

I don't want us to trade for Albert at all! I would like us to get Winston as starting RT and Clab/Justice as backup OT, or McKinnie as starting LT and Clabo/Justice as backup OT! What about you?

We'll only sign one between Clabo, Justice and Winston. They are all RTs, and it would too expensive to sign a 2nd one just to be a backup. McKinnie is a LT, so covers a different need.

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
May 1, 2013, 07:08 PM

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Dolfan4LifeDolfan4LifeForum Veteran
May 1, 2013, 07:31 PM

"MrClean wrote:

McKinnie for LT and Eric Winston for RT.

I'm fine with either one of them!

Pray for the lost souls, injured and families that have been affected in the Boston Marathon explosion

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
May 1, 2013, 07:34 PM

ArmandoSalguero Being told the #Dolphins are open to signing LT Bryant McKinnie AND a vet RT (Winston, Clabo, Justice) but only on the cheap/not long term.

Looks like Dolphins want some insurance in case Martin and Yeatman are not ready.

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

surferosasurferosaNew Member
May 1, 2013, 07:42 PM

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2013/04/behind-the-scenes-story-of-how-player-slipped-to-finsum-player-leavingheat-marlins.html#storylink=addthis#storylink=cpy

From Barry Jackson:

The Dolphins hope to strike a deal with an offensive tackle very soon after working out right tackles Eric Winston, Tyson Clabo and Winston Justice on Wednesday and left tackle Bryant McKinnie earlier in the week.

The Dolphins prefer to do a short term deal (one or two years) at modest money. Financial parameters were discussed with agents for some, but not all, of the four players.

The Dolphins are considering not only what player would be the best fit on the field, but also what would make the most sense financially. The Dolphins want to leave their options open to be able to acquire a long-term answer at tackle next offseason, but they also have not ruled out trading for a longterm tackle this offseason.

Even while the three right tackles were visiting Wednesday, the Dolphins continued discussions with the representative for McKinnie, who also is considering San Diego, Baltimore and recent overtures from Dallas. McKinnie's appeal to the Dolphins is that he can play left tackle well, unlike the others. But they might be reluctant to pay what he can get elsewhere; that remains fluid. And the right tackles remain under consideration, too.

Clabo started every game for the Falcons the past five seasons and was rated 14th among 80 tackles by Pro Football Focus for 2012. Winston started 15 games for the Chiefs and was ranked 26th by PFF.

Justice started 12 games for the Colts and was rated 45th. McKinnie started for the Ravens during their playoff run last season after not starting a game during the regular season.

Dolfan4LifeDolfan4LifeForum Veteran
May 1, 2013, 08:39 PM

The Miami Herald's Armando Salguero reports the Dolphins are open to signing free agent LT Bryant McKinnie and a veteran right tackle.

Sounds like a plan to me!

Pray for the lost souls, injured and families that have been affected in the Boston Marathon explosion

Dolfan4LifeDolfan4LifeForum Veteran
May 1, 2013, 08:44 PM

"Styla wrote:

Well, maybe by Thursday we will have an answer....

...hopefully a good one too!

Pray for the lost souls, injured and families that have been affected in the Boston Marathon explosion

Dolfan4LifeDolfan4LifeForum Veteran
May 1, 2013, 08:56 PM

"Styla wrote:

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football-player-news/

Looks like you got your wish LGB.......

Yeah it looks like! Now we better bring McKinnie back to Miami!

Pray for the lost souls, injured and families that have been affected in the Boston Marathon explosion

LBLBsFinestNew Member
May 1, 2013, 09:02 PM

ArmandoSalguero Being told the #Dolphins are open to signing LT Bryant McKinnie AND a vet RT (Winston, Clabo, Justice) but only on the cheap/not long term.

this is exactly what we need to do, sign McKinnie and Clabo, let Martin compete with them, and even though it's unlikely that he beats out either one of them this year, that's fine, you coach him up and get him stronger while grooming him to start in 2014