1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ESPN continues to hammer Fins’ talent level

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Jul 16, 2008.

1. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Joey Porter will prove them dead wrong on those linebacker ratings.

2. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    #31? Outside of Porter (and Taylor) none of them are phenomenal but not that bad by any means. Ayodele is a solid above average player who can start and Crowder is essentially the same thing too.

3. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Who cares?

Paper chumps, that's all we are. :wink2:

PMZQ and cnc66 like this.
  4. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

what matters how they actually perform. who cares what others think, i remember all those seasons we were ranked so high and never lived up to billing.

PMZQ, calphin, Disnardo and 4 others like this.
  5. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Guys, Gals, we are a 1-15 team, what else would you EXPECT? Didya think we would be in the top 10 in ANY category?

The beauty of this is we can only go up! :up:

calphin likes this.
  6. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Yeah while I do agree that it doesn't matter what others think, this still has to light a fire under the player's arses. They always screw us over in the rankings and we have to prove them wrong. Yes we were atrocious last year but this is a new year, new team. We need to see Sparano post this in front of every players locker.

ESPN has a group of boneheaded 'analysts' that believe they know something about football. Clearly, they don't (only John Clayton knows something imo).

calphin likes this.
  7. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Coming off a 1-15 year, I expect to see some harsher ratings by analysts. HOWEVER, I also would expect to see analysts ANALYZING last season, and drawing some reasonable conclusions. For example...

1. We lost 6 games by 3 points or less. A REASONABLE conclusion would be that with a coach with half a brain, a decent o-line, good running backs, and a decent QB, we could easily win those games.

2. Injuries played a big factor in our 1-15 season. It wasn't like we went 1-15 with our day one starters, both offense and defense, playing the entire season. Our whole team was decimated with injuries. A REASONABLE analysis would allude to this.

3. New coaches. A REASONABLE analysis would look at Cam Cameron's lackluster offense, and his inability to lead the team and motivate the team, and bring some conclusions about that.

All in all, I'd be surprised if the Dolphins don't win at least 6 games, and I really think they have a good shot at going 8-8.

gunn34 likes this.
  8. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    That's just it... I would expect ESPN to look a little farther into the team rather than taking that 1-15 at face value. It seems to me that when they discuss the LBs specifically, it doesn't sound like they're describing a #31 ranked unit out of 32 teams.

Yet, they ranked them #31.

I don't expect a top-10 ranking, but putting them at #31 is absolutely ridiculous. Joey Porter, Channing Crowder, Akin Oyodele, and Reggie Torbor alone make that, at worst, an average unit... as in somewhere around #16.

That's the problem with national reporters... they're superficial by nature. They know very little about teams at the bottom of the rankings, a little more about teams in the middle, a good bit about playoff teams, and way too much about the Colts and Patriots.

9. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    If they plan on analyzing and developing these rankings based on a teams record then let me apply for a job. I can make sure the worst record is the lowest in every category and the best record is first.

10. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Our LB should be a LITTLE higher. Not 31st.

11. IceStorm

IceStorm New Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Its simple guys. What you read is only an opinion. We all have them. So don't put any merit into just a few select ones.
    However, they're hammering a 1 win team. The worst of the worst. We all know the NFL is the PROVE IT NOW league. So we haven't proven anything yet.
    And besides, its much more fun watching the media eat crow when the Dolphins are better than they said.
    You just have to remember what they said, and bring it up to them. They're honor, or lack of it, will show if they acknowledge their mistakes.

DOLPHAN1 likes this.
  12. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    I think people here need to realize that ESPN is a business before anything else.

13. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Becomine ever more a crappy business every day. But you're right, a business nontheless.

alen1 likes this.
  14. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    As bad as it sounds, ESPN only quantifies its business in profit, not quality of service. It is up to the consumer to show their dissatisfaction.

15. shaunm000

shaunm000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Oviedo
    Is it Septemeber yet? Please hurry September, please!

16. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Hey... whaddaya think I'm doing here? :wink2:

All kidding aside, ESPN sucks donkeys... as long as those donkeys are named "Peyton Manning" or "Tom Brady".