1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ESPN dicusses Dolphins weakness: Safety

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by cobrajet, Jun 2, 2010.

1. cobrajet

cobrajet Mr. Ross - sell the team!

Jan 12, 2010
    I think we have a well rounded team and don't know if I agree with this article but it was worth posting for comments. (we have more than 3 Safeties don't we?)

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b4nl5

2. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010
    Good catch on this article Cobrajet, but who ever wrote it is full of Sh*t.

Their article says.....

"What is even more alarming for Miami is the complete lack of depth at the position. The Dolphins have only three other true safeties on their roster."

But it sure looks like we have six safety's on the roster to me.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/team/roster

Also the article completely lacks mention of Sean Smith. It's official; I have just lost all respect for ESPN for a BS article like this.

Fin-Omenal and cobrajet like this.
  3. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Carefull Cobrajet last time i put on something from bleacherreport i got flamed on how worthless anything was from there. But thanks for the read ill make my own conclusions on it.

Sounds like they are pushing for us to grab Atogwe?

cobrajet likes this.
  4. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010
    I know what you mean. If the article didn't come from ESPN I wouldn't have posted it, but even so, it looks like Silence Dogood has debunked it as a BS article.

cobrajet likes this.
  5. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    We had 2 rookie CB's last season. Smith made some mistakes. How they do in their 2nd season is unknown. Having 2 or even 1 quality Safety is paramount regarding calling and recognising coverages. Bell is Bell and now weve got a newbie at Safety in Clemons. With the WR's and TE's we have to face i'd be alot more comfortable knowing weve got a quality Safety back there. IMO its a question mark at those positions.

Bpk and dolfan7171 like this.
  6. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010

This article is crap! We have more than three S on the roster. Another junk article posted by Bleacher Report. Can't someone shut them down?? :tantrum:

7. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    ROFL:lol::lol::lol:

Bpk likes this.
  8. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    I see no reason to shut them down. People just need to realize they're just fan opinions and often not very well informed.

Bpk, DolfanJake and Larryfinfan like this.
  9. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

The report states that we have 3 MORE safeties outside of Bell and Culver, one of which is Jones. So they are saying we have five, which probably will turn out to be accurate.

I was unaware the ESPN owned Bleacer Report? I guess you learn something new everyday.

Bpk likes this.
  10. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010
    Yep, it's official. I am sorry I posted it.

Bpk likes this.
  11. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010
    Do they? :sad:

12. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010

Possibly one out of thirty of their articles have worth, this is almost a football tabloid mag. If they sent out an article of alien twins playing WR for the Dolphins I wouldn't be the least bit surprised. Their reports are junk.

13. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

it's just that Bleacher Report is just a bunch of fans that write for them, a blog or forum type thing. It's simply someone's opinion....

At any rate, as much as I think the bleacherreport isn't great journalism, there is some truth to what the guy is saying. However, he lost me when he mentioned that S was the ONLY weakness on this D...In case he didn't know it, we probably will have a rookie and a former CFL DL manning our OLB positions...to me, that's a much bigger weakness than Culver or Clemons...

14. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    BR is complete ****

15. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I also don;t see why people are so harsh about Bleacher Report rather than just taking it with a grain of salt.

It's a source of information that requires a skeptical eye, but is useful just like Twitter by athletes or ProFootball talk Florio's speculations and rumors.

I, for one, am GLAD you posted it because it got me thinking a bit more about Tyrone Culver's game.

Whether I agree or not, I had not noticed Culver taking a split-second longer to read plays, nor was I aware he might have trouble making the calls to the rest of the secondary (critical if he is to start).

I don;t automatically believe what this guy wrote, but now I can go take a closer look at Culver's communication and play-reading skills. I hadn;t even thought of those as possible problems before.

So, now, when we read camp reports about Clemons strugggling, will he start? etc etc. I have an extra thing to consider in the mix when assessing whether Clemons or Culver should start.

If Culver really DOES have some trouble with the calls and reading the plays, I have to say that Clemons chances of being the starter this year go up SIGNIFICANTLY. Especially considering that Clemons is faster and has good size! I believe Sparano or a Dolphins beat writer just said Clemons made it through a practice yesterday with hardly ANY problems with his calls or assignments.

So, if that's the case, I have to consider Clemons a favorite to start over Culver if things continue that way as Nolan feeds them more information and responsibilities.

Actually good food for thought. Not total crap. Just partial crap, with a little bit of good stuff in there too. lol.

Just my opinion.

p.s. - CK is the resident expert on "Culver should be at FS" so I would love to hear his 2 cents on this

dolphinfn3454 and Fin-Omenal like this.