1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ESPN OTL reports 107 stadiums had health inspections..guess where Sunlife ranks....

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Brewhead1000, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Brewhead1000

Brewhead1000 New Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Miami
    brandon27, gafinfan and siciliansith like this.
  2. Layfield

Layfield New Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Why does florida suck so muchhhhhhh

3. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Maybe the dolphins feelings are, no one eats the food anyway because no one shows to these games, dolphins and marlins, mainly marlins

4. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

You can bet that these organizations will be keeping an eye on their hired vendor companies from here on out.

5. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

We just need to make sure these vendors start providing the catered service for opposing teams.

dolfan32323, Ozzy, VA_Dolfan and 2 others like this.
  6. siciliansith

siciliansith Resident Deviant

Nov 25, 2007
    Rochester NY
    Those Flys and Roaches dont't eat much. Good protein! LOL

Really If your gonna worry about some bottle in a stadium got a few fruit flys come on. Your neighborhood restaurant goes through the same. Look at your food, use sense of smell and anything weird return it.

Alot of these storys seem like they are part of the minority not Majority. Some is for structural issues, cleaning suppplies and not food borne. There will always be concerns as should be but this article and research seems bias.

WTF im always looking for a good lawsuit lmao. I'll never win one my mom let me eat worms im immune

7. siciliansith

Nov 25, 2007
    Rochester NY

Come on Rex ryan hasnt got sick yet in our stadium. Cheap shot I know lol.

8. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

Yet the Pat's stadium had 0 violations. Having been under the gun for 40 years in the food business I've seen it all. All the way from walking into a unit that had just recieved a D grade (shut down within 24 hours if all violations aren't corrected btw its grade before was an A) to walking into a unit that had a A+ grade that I wouldn't be caught dead in, it took firing about 10 people and 2 weeks of HARD work to get that unit back in line and an honest good grade. BTW the first unit with the truly bad grade (the Company had just fired its manager, who was seeing the HI, and was (it was thought) running a service using the waitresses.

So I would be very careful about these figures on their face value. Sun Life with its anonymous employee sounds like somebody just got fired and wanted payback.

The best and most pro run HI state I've dealt with is Tenn. Fair, upfront, strict but also willing to work with you. I have no idea about those in the North but I'll tell you this nobody gets a true 0 violations, unless of course the inspector is blind!!!

anlgp, frozenfin and siciliansith like this.
  9. siciliansith

Nov 25, 2007
    Rochester NY
    AS a man that has worked in food service this is spot on. Ive seen alot of bad but seen some really good get bad ratings. Remember these inspectors get paid too, if they dont find violations then they look incompetant.

I worked so hard to transform a small pizza shop once and i got a written up for a employee putting a closed sealed container of raw meat above vegtables i was written up for possible contamination. Yes it shouldnt happen but we work with teenagers that always dont understand the ramifications. THE food is cooked. This table was not for raw food.

p.s raw meat cant be put above raw vegetables in any storage area because of drippage. and thae possiblillity it could be served raw.

gafinfan and frozenfin like this.
  10. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    thats why it tastes so good....

VA_Dolfan, CaribPhin and siciliansith like this.
  11. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Its quite disturbing really. Im not sure what the laws are in the US, but at least up here (in Ontario anyways, not sure about the other provinces) any establishment, or even hot dog vendor on the street corners are subject to inspection randomly by the health board yearly. They are graded, and if things aren't up to par they shut them down. Also after the inspection you are forced to hang a sign in your window that shows the grade you received on your most recent inspection. If I had to guess, that's probably why most of the venues in Ontario, are relatively violation free on that report.

12. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    This is unblievable.....all the stadiums in Fla are the worst except for one ? Something fishy here.

[​IMG]

13. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    i dont even closely know the laws.....but i do know every restaurant i ever eat at (even fast food) and small venues have a score card rating at the cashier, or where everyone can see it (the drive thru etc)

DolfanJake likes this.
  14. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Thats good then. I was really disturbed when I saw this because I spent 3 nights in a row (friday, sat, sunday) at Comerica Park in Detroit. I ate something all 3 nights there, and Sunday night I woke up in the middle of the night and I swear it felt like something was trying to eat its way out of me. I could only imagine.

I guess now that I think about it, I shouldnt have been too surprised. I've often thought to myself when at Comerica Park, or Ford Field... Wow... these people are allowed to serve food here?? really???

:no:

15. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    its true. and the sad part is....how expensive it is! You are paying 9 dollars for 3 tiny chicken fingers that have probably been in "chef franks" jock strap for an hour baking....and french fries that have probably been laying on the ground next a trash can......its ridiculous. hopefully this report gets some changes done!

16. siciliansith

Nov 25, 2007
    Rochester NY
    Its even harder here we get 3 mandatory inpections and random anytime. so we are the same as you. The problem is its so easy to find any violation. Food borne ilness i can uderstand shut it down but this article takes into account structural problems, small violations that are normal like tempature went up 5 degrees above 38 degrees, and made it sound like there was negligence( cant sp) but this is not true there are amazing standards to follow. I agrre that all rules are broken but come on eat a bug once and a awhile lol. Its a restaurant, they deal with issues 10x what ya do at home. and i'll tell ya not all but most really care about food quality its there lives

gafinfan likes this.
  17. siciliansith

Nov 25, 2007
    Rochester NY

Cool can i bake my sausage in your hot box during the mens rooms. Im already warm thinking about it lol. The changes needed are i want 3 bitty chinger fingers at a reasonable price you pull that off ill call your show lol

18. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I don't mean to burst your bubble, but the have the same system in NC. In fact the local tv broadcasts the best 3 inspections each week and the worst 3 each week, with the full list available to everyone online. What does that mean ??

IMHO, having been in the food service business also, nothing. A good score means that when the inspectors were there, things were ok. A bad score means they hit when we were really busy and things and people got sloppy. I was never around any kitchen that was real bad, as in mold buildups, raw food misplaced or really serious health violations, but I've had kids make mistakes that they didn't always do, not wash their hands before starting or whatever....just simple mistakes where kids forgot what they were supposed to be doing because they were being high school and college kids and not food professionals...is it right ?? Absolutely not.
    Oh, and I thought I bring up that my training came in the South Florida school system years ago... It's a constant battle to keep your kitchen in order and there is turnover to deal with (even in the higher end places) and training and re-training. There are violations in EVERY kitchen/restaurant/food service place every day...some get caught more than others...why is it that you don't see too many salad bars, food bars and all you can eat places as much as in the past ??

gafinfan likes this.
  19. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

No matter how bad these venues really are, and disregarding the special circumstances they are under, it would be almost impossible to 'fix' them all the time...however, the cost of food in these stadiums and etc is overly outrageous...they have you over a barrel and charge exorbitant prices for generally inferior food...

20. AbideN703

AbideN703 Yes, I'd hit it

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    93% of the vendors in the stadium were ****ed up but they didn't shut them down did they? Weren't they allowed to continue operating?

21. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    All Chicago ones have a zero as well, Obama must have paid them off.....Chicagoland politics at its finest hahahah!!

gafinfan likes this.
  22. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    Man, how slow is this preseason that this thread gets this much attention?

Dolphins1Beatles likes this.
  23. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

The states I've worked in had between 3 and 4 normal inspections a year plus random inspections at any time. And as with the Sun Life problem - an unknown, employee type instently drew an inspection! BTW both State and Federal regs. state that your present score be posted prominently where the public can see it easily. If it is not that is a score against you too. Anyone walking thru your business can call the health department to report you for anything including the lack of that report.

The inspectors run the gament of types from the truely professional to the guy marking time with ex military/ex government doubledippers included.

If you thought you got sick all you had to do was report it. They are supposed to respond within 24 hours and if you leave a number the good ones will in fact call you back.

24. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    I never eat in stadiums or museums or anything. I just slide a power bar in my pocket, since your only in the stadium for around 3 hours, you eat before and after and your good. Plus everything is overpriced in stadiums.

25. Brewhead1000

Brewhead1000 New Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Miami
    haha maybe true..although, Ive been a season ticket holder for a few years and sometimes I cant take it and have to grab something to eat. So it is interesting to see a report like this break because it does affect us.

Regarless, now Ill just make sure to eat a bit extra during the tailgates lol