1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ESPN: Parcells Leaving

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by AbideN703, Oct 18, 2010.

1. AbideN703

AbideN703 Yes, I'd hit it

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    That Parcells is packing his bags, has moved out of his office with the Phins, and now it's up to Ireland/Sparano to lead the Phins to the playoffs without him.

Didn't we already know this? I thought this happened a few weeks ago?

2. cobrajet

cobrajet Mr. Ross - sell the team!

Jan 12, 2010
    Parcells is leaving...

....his bags are packed.

(inside scoop: he is most likely headed to KC to help his son in law Scott Pioli as GM)

Developing.......

3. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    When the word consultant was mentioned it was a done deal to me.

finyank13 likes this.
  4. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    ESPN is a little late if it doesn't involve the Pat's, Jets or Bills

5. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Yeah I saw that we knew it was coming honestly i think he want to get out before the bottom falls out

Sure he did his job he brought us back from a crap team to average now. Jeff and Tony are the men now and I ink Bill wanted to get out so IFFF things go south he has no part of it

6. AbideN703

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    Parcells wouldn't have been here forever anyway. Don't see the big deal

7. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    as long as he doesn't go to another team this year I will keep my mad respect for him

He gave us a good man to lead our team in Sparano...

CaribPhin likes this.
  8. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    the smeer campaign by ESPN continues... Dolphins coming off a big win in Green Bay... Henne looked good enough in the win... ESPN hates the Dolphins...

DolfanJake likes this.
  9. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    As long as he leaves Ireland and Sporano here he can leave IMO. He did a great job here...we knew it was temporary and I wish him luck!

10. frags

frags New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Boston, MA...
    Further proof: BenVolinPBP RT @bbiggane ESPN says Parcells has cleared out his office at #dolphins facility.

Saw on the front page of thephins.com

Shocked at it being so early, but I saw it coming sooner or later.

11. Skyfire023

Skyfire023 Member

Oct 29, 2009
    New Bedford, Ma.
    As long as he doesnt go to the bills I dont care where he goes. I dont like how he cant just stay in one place for more than a few years at a time.

12. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    He moved out of the facility weeks ago folks, at least took his clothes out as I don't imagine he'd have much in his office to move.

Darlington reported that about a month ago, do you people pay any attention at all, or do you simply wait for a tweet a month after the fact?

13. AbideN703

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    What do you mean YOU people? :tongue2:

CaribPhin and Rocky Raccoon like this.
  14. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I think this is supposed to mean that the consultant relationship is about to end, or maybe it already has.

15. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    They also reported he is getting paid through 11, meaning he did not take the buyout, not that he won't eventually, but that would make more sense to do after the season.

16. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Not you>>>>>>>>>>>that guy over there...that you!

:lol:

AbideN703 likes this.
  17. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Meh, see ya Bill. I for one am glad, because I don't have to hear this isn't the way a Bill Parcells ran team works.

gunn34 likes this.
  18. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Jesus someone is late to the party, or someone decided to **** on our parade.

19. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    thats cool. kc doesnt bother me. help out his son in law. although honestly what they need most is a QB. They've already done a good job over there

20. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

I'm pretty sure Ireland and Sparano are signed through next year.

Any other team will get his second choice.

No sweat.

21. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I thought he didnt want to interfere with Pioli's work.

22. Steven-O

Steven-O F*** the JETS!!

Jun 30, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    i saw this and thought the same thing. ESPN as so over dramatic about it

23. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    He did some very good things for us no doubt but i always questioned his dedication to this organization. Thank you Bill.

DolfanJake likes this.
  24. jazz

jazz Active Member

Mar 6, 2010
    we knew what his plans were all along, but what a douche. he could have at least waited until after the season was over to avoid any possible distractions to the team. isn't he 'mr. avoid distractions at all costs'?

25. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    No way he goes to KC...

If he goes to KC, hes gunna start to get all the credit even though Pioli has been the one that put all the work in to finally get them turned around.

Pioli wont want Parcells coming in and stealing his thunder...

gunn34 likes this.
  26. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    You guys should prepare yourselves for what the handwriting on the wall says...between the lines.

I don't now if the OP's post has any merit or not; mabe it does. But one thing is certain at this point: Parcells is gone, it only remains to be seen when.

And that being true, you can't possibly believe that Sparano's job is safe, not after the gametime miscues, the Special Teams fiasco and keeping an OC who is clearly non compos mentis...

Nor that Ireland's job could be safe after squandering almost $100 MILLION of the owner's money - REAL money, not cap dollars - on failed free agent signings; or after a miserable draft record in his first two years here.

Common sense alone would tell us that any exec Ross hires after 2010 - Peterson, Cowher...whomever - will want his own people instead of holdovers...unsuccessful holdovers at that.

It makes me sick to say that. I mean it, I want to throw up at the thought of another administration, another rebuild, another shot at...more of the same as the last 10 years?

Or maybe not.

Maybe, if Cowher comes aboard we have a chance to be good again.

finyank13, DolfanJake and Striking like this.
  27. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

Ireland and Sparano are the best things that have happened to the Miami Dolphins in ten years. My only hope is that Mr. Ross realizes it.

MarinePhinFan likes this.
  28. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Charley Casserly? I'd love to bring him in. He's a great drafter IMO with DeMeco Ryans, Andre Johnson, Mario Williams over Bush and Young (he apparently knows talent), Owen Daniels. And Bill Bellichek hates him.

29. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

I disagree. And I believe circle gets the square

30. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    miserable drafts? Jake Long, Vontae Davis, John Jerry, Jard Oddrick, Chad Henne, Sean Smith, and Brian Hartline? Sure they aren't all pro bowlers but come on, we've gotten some pretty darn good players since Irelands gotten here. We miss some picks here and there, but we hit more than we miss. That's all you can ask for in the draft.

Sparano's job is safe as long as we win ball games. That's what it comes down to. Ross doesn't watch games and scrutinize miscues and clock management and what not. That's not what owner's do. They just see if th teams winning or not, if people are coming to the games or not, and go from there.

We really don't know what kind of owner Ross is at this point, but he's seemed smart enough to know when to stay away when things are working.

31. Califin

Califin Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2007
  32. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    On which players has Ireland squandered $100 million of Stephen Ross’ money? The only big contract I can think of that was paid with Ross’ money was Jake Grove, and guaranteed money was only half of the deal, for $14.5 million total guaranteed. Hardly $100 million.

Including playoffs, the Dolphins are 21-17 (.552) since Sparano became the head coach. That’s the textbook definition of "good.”

Dumping everyone for Bill Cowher does not make this team immediately better. He actually sets the team back 2-3 years.

MarinePhinFan likes this.
  33. Pariah

Pariah Revolutionary

Nov 27, 2007
    Little Rhody
    I don't see anything major happening.

Besides us beating the Squeelers.

34. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    First TWO years.

Philip Merling.

Shawn Murphy (we traded 3 picks to move up to get him, so let's count this as salt and vinegar in the wound).

Jalen Parmalee.

Donald Thomas.

Lionel Dotson.

Pat White.

Sean Smith; curious that you would list him as a rousing success for Ireland, since he lost his job this season to...Jason Allen.

Patrick Turner.

John Nalbone.

Andrew Gardner.

JD Folsom.

Quite the litany of suck, for such a great GM worth keeping to a new exec, who would be inclined to bring his own people in.

Do you really see that track record as one that a strong football exec is going to be so impressed with that he will keep Ireland on instead of bring in a guy he knows?

DolfanJake likes this.
  35. Vendigo

Vendigo German Gigolo Club Member

Nov 30, 2007
    If we assume that both Odrick and Jerry turn out to be quality starters (and that's a pretty big "if" right now, I'll grant you that), then Ireland's track record is certainly well above average. Did he miss on some players? Yes. But every NFL FO does; and most do it more often than Ireland did. The truth is that even the ostensible GM gurus - Polian, Pioli et al - frequently miss on 2nd and 3rd and late round picks. They have build their reputation not based on finding talent in round 2 or 3. They were successful because they hit big on their 1st round selections consistently during one stretch. And if we assume that Odrick is a hit, then Ireland has done precisely that.

mason likes this.
  36. bluehaze

bluehaze New Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Has the potential to be a good thing, if anything's going to light a spark under these players butts, Parcells leaving just might do it. We have the talent it just seems that talent always ends up lacking the drive once we get it.

37. JMHPhin

JMHPhin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    sorry nabo, Bp gonne, ireland was promoted. u dont do that if u r bringing in some1 else, Ireland answers only to Ross now.

i am a hot hhead who saays dumb arse stuff in heat of moment,, but Sparano not on hot seat n shoulldnt be right now as i shouted gameday a couple times. but the shine has worn off n talk is done. and progress needs to be made, stupid shoot urself in the foot costing games has to end. we have to show discipline, toughness, maturity or next year he could be. next yr is yr 4, if we dnt compete for sb, then i could see ross making a move or 2.

38. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    Just play ball.............

39. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    I think Nabo speaks a lot of truth here, hence the reason I started that thread about Bill Cowher looking over the shoulder of these guys. I think there will be a definite change of admins if we are 8-8 or worse. Ross means business and I think if Peterson is not brought in it very well could be Cowher. Ross will break the bank to try and get him. So guys be on the lookout for this.....Nabo I am glad someone else finally sees what I have been seeing for a few months, since it was announced Parcells was going to just become a "consultant", which I believe is less than he is already, that is just the PR department being nicey-nice. I believe Ross and Parcells may have had a parting of the ways after last seasons debacle of an ending, and Ross told him he was thinking of going in a different direction.

I feel sorry for the players and fans if we have to endure yet another whole change in philosophy, and that requires changing wholesale a lot players to fit the new guys system. It could be more losing seasons and we may not be reaching our goal of a SB win until late in this decade.

Depressing isn't it ? :pity: :pity: :pity:

NaboCane likes this.
  40. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I don't get all the Cowher talk, sure if we go another direction at HC next year Cowher is the leader that everyone would want. The question is though, with the Dallas HC job probably out there, would Cowher want us, over Dallas?