1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ESPN picks the Phins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolphins1Beatles, Oct 25, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    If NFLN was all over the Saints nuts...ESPN is actually all over ours. At least on Sunday NFL countdown. 4/5 picked us to win (Ditka, Boomer, Key, and I forgot which other) all picked us. Citing the wildcat, the heat/humidity.

Saints wont be overlooking us though. I think they realize they're a dome team and winning a game in the heat/humidity and possible rain would be big for them. Especially since this is the same stadium where the Super Bowl will be.

2. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Saints go all through training camp outdoors. It's not like they have never played in heat and humidity before.

3. Dolphins1Beatles

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Yeah, that was just a part of it, they seemed to also like the wildcat, the dolphins coming off a bye week, and big production from Ricky and Ronnie today.

4. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    i wonder whats more humid. would be pretty close I would think. that swamp gets humid as ****.

5. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Although I don't think this is a must win game for the Fins it would certainly be nice if ESPN was right for once. :lol:

6. Thunderbolt89

Thunderbolt89 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    I was surprised they picked the Fins,I too hope they are right. If the Fins win today that will be huge for team confidence especially against a team like the Saints.

7. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ

With 3 losses in the book it would not be good to lose another game this fast.Chances are pretty low we would make the playoffs.

8. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    The heat and humidity is worse in Miami. I'm not sure why that is exactly. I mean I understand that Miami is closer to the equator but it just feels so much hotter there than anywhere else in the U.S.

I never thought it was that big of a deal when I lived down there but once I moved away and was no longer acclimated I really noticed it whenever I came back.

9. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Doesn't matter, they play the actual games in a dome. Hell, it's humid on the east coast in the summer and the Bills and Jets were gassed in the second half against us at home.

To play a real game in the humidity for 3 hours is completely different than practicing in it 2-4 months ago. If we get the running game going, the saints D will be gassed come the second half.

Brown42000 likes this.
  10. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Summer on the east coast is nothing like the summer down here.

If the saints D is gassed in the second half, it won't be because of the weather.

11. Dolphins1Beatles

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    IF we do lose, but it's a close game where we become the only team to have a lead against New Orleans, would it be considered a success going into two divisional games?
    After playing some tough teams close and well.

The Jets are struggling and Pats have played a soft schedule these past two games. I hope we win today though of course.

12. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    They still play in a dome... Actual game day conditions with gameday fatigue. Playing outdoors in Miami will impact the game, IMO. I don't see how it couldn't.

13. Dolphins1Beatles

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Saints are being forced to wear black since Fins are wearing the white today. We're taking anything we can haha.

eric likes this.
  14. eric

eric New Member

Oct 11, 2009
    the everglades has a lot to do with the humidity down here.

15. eric

eric New Member

Oct 11, 2009
    thats a nice advantage to have also. not to mention that our team bench is on the shady south side of the stadium and the saints will be sitting in the sun, dressed all in black.

they should consider themselves lucky that they werent playing down here 2-3 weeks ago.

16. Dolphins1Beatles

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Is Marino there right now with the '84 team? hope halftime footage pops up on youtube. the fins website might

17. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    I agree but at 2-4 the season would not be over especially with a softer schedule after this game. Obviously I want the Fins to win and get to 3-3 but at 2-4 the Fins would equal last year's mark at the same time (with a better divisional record). I mostly say this so if they lose to lessen the blow and so I don't go off the deep end. :lol:

I know its an out there argument but when looking at everything and how well this team has played, the second half of the season has lesser opponents than the first half. No matter what I think Miami has to go 9-2 the rest of the way to make the playoffs and it doesn't matter when the losses happen just that they get the nine wins.

18. Dolphins1Beatles

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    We're also only a game out of the wildcard, with the toughest part of our schedule behind us. none of the rest of our games scare me. The game in New England after the Patriots bye week sort of does, but we play the Pats well. GO FINS!!!!

19. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

posted in USA Today...

So yes, the Aints could be used to being IN a humid State but there is absolutely nothing like playing a game in it.

So if the Aints do lose it COULD have something to do with it and especially if the Dolphins rack up huge running numbers...

20. Agua

Agua Reality: Try It!

Apr 28, 2008
    There isn't a whit's difference between the humidity in New Orleans and South Florida. Both are the two most oppresively hot / humid places I've ever been in my life. Being out of a dome may have some small effect on the Saints, but the humidity / heat is a non-factor in this game.

Stitches likes this.
  21. Dolphins1Beatles

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    New Orleans does get snow about every other year, they had a pretty big one this past winter, so Miami takes the heat crown.