1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ESPN to unveil 3-D network in 2010

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by Topdawg13, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Topdawg13

Topdawg13 New Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Indiana
    ESPN Overload

NaboCane and Jaydog57 like this.
  2. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    The article mentions previous productions in theaters and other venues, but nothing about in-home viewing. I wonder how they'll set that up...what additional equipment (besides special glasses) it will require.

3. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I know my TV is 3D ready. If I played PC games, I'd actually get a lot of 3D use out of it too.

I'm not sure how much additional equipment is needed for most people, but all I need is like an add-on pack plus the glasses (and not the red/blue paper ones).

http://pages.samsung.com/us/dlp3d/accessories.html

I wouldn't think it'd be much different for anyone with a 3D ready set.

To get the best 3D picture though, I'm pretty sure you need a TV that isn't on the market yet (one that accepts HDMI v1.4 I mean)

4. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Nice idea I'd like to see it in action especially since I'm guessing a relatively small number of US households have the ability to get 3D TV.

5. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Considering how long it took to get us away from analog TV signals, I'm not seeing this one catching on anytime soon personally. If people are so leery of HD or blu-ray, 3D won't catch on until the time that super hi-vision is ready to come out (I'm waaaay more excited about the possibility of 22.2 than of super hi-vision by the way).

I also want 10.2 before 3D. :lol:

6. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    i really dont like this. just as people are finally coming around to HDTVs and blu-rays in large numbers and then they throw this at us? ive sunk a little over $3000 into my 2 TVs over the last year or so

ive seen the list of 3d compatible TVs currently and its very small. i wonder if this will catch on

its very off-putting to think all my and millions of other's equipment will be rendered obsolete

7. eric

eric New Member

Oct 11, 2009
    your tv wont be obsolete. it just wont be 3d capable. your making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Stitches likes this.