1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ESPN's AFC East Top 25: No. 20 Vontae Davis

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Colmax, Jun 27, 2011.

How do you feel about the ranking?

1. Too high

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Too low

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Just right

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Read the rest: HERE

Just opine from our friend Tim Graham.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Below is Tim's list 21 -25

2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I'd have to see the rest of the list first but I don't see why he should be ahead of Kendall Langford.

rdhstlr23 likes this.
  3. aesop

aesop Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    NYC
    Depends how the rest of the list turns out. I don't see the point in assigning ranks from 1-25 of all different positions. What makes a very good WR better than a very good Linebacker?

GMJohnson likes this.
  4. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Good point. I guess everyone is jumping on the "Top ??? Best NFL Players" bandwagon.

There's not much out there to munch on right now. Now that I think about it, the poll was probably a dumb thing, too. Probably could've left that out. Oi!

5. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    I do. Hes better and more talented, and that aint no knock on Langford. Langford is what he is. Hes a good 34 DE that stuffs the run. However, its rare that he ever makes a game breaking play. In fact, I'm honestly trying to remember a big play that hes made at a big time... and I cant.

Love Langford. Every team needs grunts like him. But the guy just stuffs the run. Consistently, yes. But the ceiling on the amount of impact he can make on a game is limited. Vontae has been great for us. Played on a Pro Bowl level for a decent portion of last season, which is greater than Langford has IMO.

You may just be a huge Langford fan, so if thats the case thats cool. But I've noticed that there hasnt been a lot of love for Vontae on here as of late... and I'm not sure why? I mean, is he the best CB in the league? lol no. But hes improved both years hes been in the league and and has shown flashes of brilliance a ton of times. Hes right on pace for where you would want a 1st rounder and it looks like we "hit" with the pick. I think some of the Smith/Vontae debates have created a divide, and have got people arguing and rooting "against" one or the other instead of arguing and rooting "for" the person . Both are studs and are going to be great for us...

6. Hurricane

Hurricane Guest

I guess I need to see 1-20, but I voted too high. I would think there are a little more than 20 better players in the AFCE.

As one above mentioned, Kendall Langford, is one of them.

7. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

I think Vontae is coming along nicely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvyASC7Zgno

Davis, Smith, Clemons, Jones, Carroll and possibly Wilson teaming up with Allen, Bell and Culver has the potential to be the best group of DBs we've seen in a while.

GMJohnson likes this.
  8. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    lol Bart Scott still making a living off his name in BAL @ 21.

CaribPhin likes this.
  9. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    He's more consistent and he's solid at applying pressure. IMO he's a better player at his position than Vontae Davis is at his position.

10. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    I'm not thrilled with his ability to apply pressure honestly. Wish we got more from him. If he could develop some good pass rush ability I think that could really turn up the defense. I like Vontae's ability to really impact both the run and the pass. Hes got to get more consistent, hes still young... and IMO hes already playing on a high level and hes only going to get better...

11. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    http://www.thephins.com/forums/showthread.php?62669-VD21-vrs-SS24...Who-you-got

There's some entertainmant for you Nasty...I could of used your help in that thread...Couldn't believe the love for Smith but imo, like I said in the thread...''Its just love man''..Its all good.

12. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Thats my mother grabber right there!!!damn that boy is bad..