1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Every Tannehill dropback against New England

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Mainge, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Ok CK, and everyone else that cares about my opinion. Which I am sure is no one. I went through each drop back, graded what I thought. Here is the break down just cuz. I use a Win system for my baseball players, so they don't focus so much on batting average, IE. Line out is a W. a 7 pitch ground out is a W. I tried to use something similar here.

5-5 Throws 1-5 Clear Wins. Completes them all. Good accuracy. 5 W's
    5-6 L - Drop back 6 was a throw to Wallace in double coverage. It was knocked down. Good play by defense. But he missed a wide open Clay for a TD.
    6-7 W - TD Throw after scramble.
    7-8 W - I graded it out a win even through Tannehill shows lack of anticipation with his throw. He should of thrown it earlier. But he still delivered it accurately, but was dropped.
    8-9 W
    8-10 L - Held on to the ball and eventually threw it away. He missed an open guy.
    8-11 L
    8-12 L - I graded a similar scenario earlier as a win. Tannehill does it again, waits, waits, waits to throw it until Matthews gets blasted and drops the ball. THROW THE BALL WITH ANTICIPATION!
    8-13 L Floats a ball into double coverage

16-21 W - Next 8 throws were clear wins for Tannehill. Including a great throw to Clay who dropped it. Tough catch, but got to haul it in.
    16-22 L - Wallace breaks into open space inside the redzone, Tannehill throws behind him.
    16-23 L - Holds on and takes a sack despite 2 short guys being open with blitz. Anticipate the opening Ryan!
    16-24 L - Blindside hit fumble. 7 man blitz, including the corner, who eventually hit Tannehill. Charles Clay is wide open. You have got to anticipate a short guy being open quickly on a blitz. 2nd play in a row he doesn't. This one cost the Dolphins severely. Scope and score off the fumble.
    17-25 W
    18-26 W - Good back shoulder throw to Wallace, dropped or knocked down. Couldnt really tell on video.
    19-27 W
    19-28 L - Nearly a pick 6. Right read, bad throw.

That is all his snaps before the 4th quarter. I have 9 Ls on Tannehill. Clearly not "flawless". Including a fumble with a scoop and score. I don't know how much I can put the fumble on him as it was a blindside hit. But he should of throw the ball before.

4th quarter
    20-29 W
    20-30 L
    21-31 W
    21-32 L - Terrible decision, INT
    21-33 L - Dropped or knocked down. Probably drop. But Wallace is wide open 5 yards to Hartline's left. Throw it to him.
    21-33 WASH - Couldn't tell if anyone was open, didn't see anyone.
    22-34 W - Ran for a first
    23-35 W
    23-36 L - 6 man rush. Guy open over the middle and Tannehill holds it just a little to long. Cogs got owned.
    23-37 L - Over throw.
    24-38 W - Wallace screen
    25-39 W
    25-40 L
    26-41 W
    26-42 L - 6 man blitz, Clay wide open short.
    26-42 4 straight washes - 3 straight throws with what looked like no one open, Tannehill takes the sack on 2 of those 3. 4th throw was a throw up from his endzone. Why would the coaches call that?

In the end, I had 26 of his 42 gradable drop backs as wins. Not a solid 4th quarter.

Overall a lot of missed opportunities while being blitzed. The offensive line actually played pretty damn well. A lot better then I thought while watching it live. Id like to know what Ryan's stats look like against the blitz, I thought I read somewhere before that he was good against it. Maybe this was just an off game. Ryan's lack of anticipation is something that is concerning. It explains his high sack amount, also taking into account how bad the offensive line had been going into this game.

Just my opinion guys. Like it, love it, or hate it. It doesn't matter to me.