1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Every Tannehill Dropback vs Kansas City

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Mainge, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Mainge

Mainge Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    West Palm Beach
    Disnardo and emocomputerjock like this.
  2. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    Tyler Thigpen dropbacks would be good to see, I don't care who's back there

MikeHoncho likes this.
  3. JDelenne

JDelenne Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    I didn't watch the game this week but I think he only had a couple of questionable plays, a few plays he tried to go deep and over threw his receivers by like 10 yards when he had a guy open in the flat. I didn't like the fact it was 2nd-1 or 3rd-1 and we would pass. Our backs this year have been surprisingly good and we should rely on them more in those situations.

4. Brasfin

Brasfin Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Brazil
    I am not an expert by any means but.. after watching this I came away with these conclusions:

Tannehill does need to work on his ball placement, pocket presence and decision making (particularly when under pressure and when the pocket is collapsing). This is pretty obvious...however, the receivers need to do their jobs and catch the footballs that hit them in the hands and the OL has to improve their pass blocking. I think the route running and timing of the receivers is off as well and needs to be fixed.. I think all of this comes with the growing pains of installing a new offense and a whole new offensive line. I expect the offense to get better as the season unfolds (not that it can get any worse).

This next game is perfect to pick up a win and build some momentum into the bye week.. we'll be getting back Pouncey after the bye, which will help out the OL and the whole offense from a psychological standpoint. If we lose this next game, though, it may be demoralizing for the players, and they'll probably lose faith in the coaching staffl, then everything will go downhill from there. I think we have a lot of the pieces needed to move forward, but they're just not working correctly yet, hopefully this next game and the bye week will be the turning point in the season.