1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ex-ISU football star Grigsby hopes for a big year with Dolphins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Jun 13, 2008.

1. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

I hope boomer has a great year...I love his attitude.

2. NYFinFan

NYFinFan Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Long Island, New York
    I love the fact he wants to earn everything and not have things handed to him.

3. MelbournePhin

MelbournePhin New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    melbourne,fl
    why dont you ever post any teasers when you post articles bro?

4. Tomfish

Tomfish Guilliotine Coordinator

Mar 26, 2008
    Grant Center Iowa
    The REALLY interesting thing about this article is that Boomer notes that he thinks Miami will keep both him and Reagan on the roster as fullbacks (and special teamers, I'd assume). I had even considered this before as most teams barely are willing to carry one fullback on the roster. They must really plan on doing some serious smash-mouth running this year....as they should, IMO.

5. gandalfin

gandalfin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Kissimmee, Florida
    I certainly hope Grigsby's successful, but with all the fun we all had with Reagan last year, how can we not want him on our roster. I'm not so sure about Sparano keeping two FB's though.

6. calphin

I want the best player.If thats grigsby then so be it.

7. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Alot of teams that use alot of lead blocking(Henning among them) will keep two fullbacks. Considering the fact that Henning also likes to use alot of formations with two lead blockers, I think it's unlikely he'll want to be caught without a FB.

8. Sam

Sam Member

Nov 30, 2007
    I would think that the first option is finding a TE that can do FB duties, with keeping 2 FBs as the second option.

9. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Well, technically speaking basically all the TEs we have on the roster besides David Martin have lead blocking experience. Peelle has done it basically his entire pro career, Sean Ryan and Anthony Fasano started doing it last year with their respective teams.

Generally speaking though, guys with "fullback" builds, with lower centers of gravity, etc. are generally the best lead blockers.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2008
  10. Straz

Straz Me and my girl :)

Mar 23, 2008
    Everytime I read something about this years team, the more and more I get excited for this year of Dolphins football.

11. Whitedolphin54

Whitedolphin54 From the land of legends Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    Somerset UK

I hope you are right. I have felt that way for the last 15 years :lol:

12. calphin

I second that!

13. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

without saying "playoffs", i think we will be better than people think. i bet by the end of the year teams will not look forward to playing us.

14. Whitedolphin54

Whitedolphin54 From the land of legends Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    Somerset UK
    They certainly wont like us running on them. It will be brutal but unforgiving football from us. Not pretty, but what we need to do right now. This season is where the O line earn their money IMO. And if we can stay on the field long enough, our D may surprise us too :up: