1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ex-Phin shares life lessons.

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Sceeto, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Celtkin and dolphindebby like this.
  2. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

I can't get the link to display can you summarize?

njfinfan likes this.
  3. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Here's the beginning of the article Pastor Keith.

CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. — Church was held the day after Super Sunday for a group of about 40 inmates who gathered in the chapel of Franklin County Jail to hear about Jesus Christ from Super Bowl veteran Don McNeal.

Near the end of his visit Monday, McNeal led the inmates, including about a dozen women, in prayer. He asked those who have not been saved by Jesus to raise their hands.

“One, two, three, four ... I see your hand ... I see your hand,” said McNeal, who is now pastor at the New Testament Baptist Church in Florida.

“The angels in heaven are clapping for you right now,” he told those who asked for salvation.

The retired cornerback, who played for two national championship teams at the University of Alabama and in two Super Bowls with the Miami Dolphins, talked more about life’s lessons than his gridiron days.

And the last paragraph:

Then McNeal had a confession of his own: He was the player whose missed tackle in Super Bowl XVII allowed Redskins running back John Riggins to rumble in for the go-ahead score.

It basically summarizes the regrets voiced by some of the inmates for the choices they made to land them in prison. Also tells of his father getting kicked by his employer when he bent down to tie his shoe and his choice not to retaliate to keep his job.

cnc66, Sceeto and Ohiophinphan like this.
  4. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

Thank you. I remember watching McNeal play and thought without his injuries he was one of the best corners ever to wear a Dolphin uniform. Now I realize he may also have been one of the best men to have ever worn a Dolphin uniform.

Miamian, Sceeto, cnc66 and 2 others like this.
  5. finsgirlie

finsgirlie break my Luxury Box

Dec 2, 2007
    Fantasy Land
    eesh, did they really have to antagonize him with the superbowl questions? seems like a super nice guy...