1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Excel Help

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by 2k5, Dec 15, 2009.

Tags:
  1. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Alright I need help with a formula for excel. What I'm trying to do is compute the common size income statement. To do this I have to divide each item on the statement by a single item on the statement (sales revenue). I could do them all one by one, but I need to know how to write the formula where I can just drag it down the entire C column. Here is a screenshot:

[​IMG]

So basically what I need to do is divide all the numbers in the B column by the B11 cell and put that percentage in the C column. The 100% is the first one which I did without a formula. I'm sure there's a formula for this, hopefully one of you will know it :up:

Thanks for any help.

2. USArmyFinFan

USArmyFinFan Maximum Effort

Mar 23, 2008
    Houston Texas
    If you could e-mail me the sheet I could figure it out, can't seem to wrap my mind around it looking at it on screen. I will message you my e-mail.

3. Jimmy James

Jimmy James Ron Swanson

Dec 11, 2007
    If I have you right, I think you just need to use the format $B$11 when writing your formula. When you put the dollar sign in front of the letter or number, it will keep the formula from changing the position of that cell relative to where you are.

Thus, your formula should be =B12/$B$11 for the B12 cell. You can then drag that one all over the B column.

2k5 likes this.
  4. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    This is the answer.

5. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Little late guys, but thanks anyway. :up: Good to know for the future.