1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Excellent Analysis of Miami/NE Game by Bruschi

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by GARDENHEAD, Nov 5, 2009.

1. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    I don't like Bruschi, but he makes for a really good analyst.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?page=bruschibreakdown/1105

Some interesting points: "Since Belichick came to New England, he is 40-12 against the AFC East, and eight of those losses have come against Miami. That's why I always view the game against the Dolphins as one of the toughest of the year. They play smashmouth football offensively. They're looking to run the ball. Defensively, they always give the Patriots problems, and they do it by getting pressure on Tom Brady."

-and-

"The Dolphins are one of the toughest teams in the NFL, and I say that in terms of being physically tough. Based on what coaches often look for, I keep a toughness meter, and it combines a team's ability to run the ball, stop the run, and cover kicks. So you take four categories -- most rushing yards, fewest rushing yards allowed, fewest kickoff return yards allowed and fewest punt return yards -- and that gives you a feel for how tough a team is. The Dolphins are currently third in the NFL."

54Fins, Colmax, dolphindebby and 7 others like this.
  2. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    That's good to hear. I want to see Miami put a whuppin on them Patriots!!

dolphindebby likes this.
  3. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Not to quote myself....but I will quote myself from another thread.

4. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    I wonder what Brady thinks about getting to play the dolphins?

Hope hes running backwards alot this weekend.

5. DevilFin13

DevilFin13 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Agreed, very good analysis by Bruschi. I think you can see why he lasted so long in the league with limited athletic ability. Interesting stat he has on toughness. I haven't heard that anywhere else.

6. eric

eric New Member

Oct 11, 2009
    i hope girbil wilson can get a hit on him early like he did to sanchez. shake him up and keep that in his head the rest of the game.

dolfan7171 and SICK like this.
  7. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    expecting alot more of the safety blitzes, maybe even some vontae blitzing from the corner spot....but we MUST get to brady......if you blitz.....and they pick it up.....then its goodnight sally

8. FaninPatsyLand

FaninPatsyLand The Truth

Jun 26, 2008
    I agree with needing to get to Brady. But I also believe you need to eliminate the big play against these guys, moreso than other teams (like the Jets). You need to make them earn points with 8, 9 and 10-play drives. We can't have the lapses that result in huge chunks of yardage, which have been a common theme throughout the first half of the year.

If the Dolphins can reasonably accomplish those two objectives, then they'll have a shot to win the game in the 4th quarter. And when you're on the road against a divisional rival, that's about all you can ask for.. a chance to win the game late.

9. Pennington's Rocket Arm

Pennington's Rocket Arm New Member

Dec 21, 2008
    i dig bruschi's arbitrary toughness ranking system

10. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    While thats a great read it doesn't put points on the board.. Toughness is something people want to hear it makes them feel more manly. I want to know if they can stop the pass, if they can score some points on offense.

Im not bashing them I think were a decent team. Were not a juggernaut on either side of the ball and we have some real weakness's that Brady can pick apart. I still think were a year or two away from that Superbowl appearance knowing our luck it wil be the 2012 season and since the Game is in Feburary and the world is supposed to end in Decemeber we will never get that superbowl win!

Hope im wrong on alot of that... Thats all for my negative thoughts today..