1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Excellent article on Chuck Norris AKA Cam Wake

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Bumrush, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/09/06/2392076/new-fame-wont-stall-wakes-drive.html

Cam Wake is a freaking beast and a humble, driven guy.. What a recipe for success.. He is going to have an amazing career here with the Phins..

2. Higgi

Higgi Numb

Aug 8, 2008
    TUC, AZ
    Such an easy guy to root for.... especially when he is getting all those QB hurries and sacks!

3. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Easily one of my favorite players on this team. I remember evaluating him before we signed him and telling people here that he would address our need for a pass rusher/young OLB. Many here did the standard, "he hasn't proven anything yet" or "I'll wait until he does it in the NFL". But to me he was as near as you could get to a sure thing.

djphinfan likes this.
  4. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    We're privileged as Dolphin fans to have Wake on our team
    What a class guy!!

5. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    Great article. Thanks for posting!!

6. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

As I recall, the forum was about 50/50 on how good he would be for us when we signed him. I was always pretty positive, and you can bet your bottom dollar DJ was, and since Wake played in the CFL, the Padre was giddy as a school girl trying on her first training bra.

The Aqua Crush and rafael like this.
  7. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    There's a reason sharks have dominated the seas for millions of years, and not the dry land Wake inhabits.

Silverphin likes this.
  8. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    He was an easy projection, once he played 2 preseason games I made a thread that if he were to enter the draft that year with the tape that he had from those 2 preseason games for the GM's, where would he go?..I said top 15 first round draft pick..basically all you needed was 1 or 2 preseason games to know he belonged in a very big way..His canadian film was just outstanding from an athletic and measurables standpoint..

I think he is one of the most facinating stories the league has to offer..How did this incredibly talented football player get twisted up in his mind in college and become so unfocused?, how he fixed it with total dedication?, and the results once he did, its movie script sh%$..

I still don't think some folks get how good he is..I hear them taking shots at his run defense..which I think is very good.

MrClean likes this.
  9. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    He was one of a few players in the CFL that was so far ahead of all the competition it was hard not to think he would have good success in the transition to the NFL. People want to talk about Beastmode this and that with certain players, you should have seen Wake in the CFL, he re-wrote what Beastmode meant.

Good on him, he talked about being humble, grateful, hardworking when he got here, it's awesome to see he is still like that. He's hungry for success on the field, not off the field.

10. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I agree that Wake was an easy projection. That was why it irked me when people would do that standard, "I have to see it in the regular season" b.s. When people say stuff like that it's gotten to the point where I just hear, "I have no ability to evaluate players or know much about football, so I wait until after the fact to say anything".

djphinfan likes this.
  11. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Nothing so kind Rafi, more like "he is a CFL scrub!!" or "if he was good enough to play in the NFL he would have already been playing in the NFL not the CFL!"

Weird dude, I suspect Cam is really tight with the dollars as a couple of years ago it was also brought up he still has the first pair of Michael Jordan's that he ever bought way back when, he won't be one of those dudes who retires and 2 yrs later is bankrupt.

djphinfan and rafael like this.
  12. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    The one thing I've learned about CFL to NFL players is, the guy has to be DOMINANT in the CFL to really have an impact in the NFL, not just make a roster, but to play well enough to make NFL fans say "year he can play", the guy to watch in 2012 is Solomin Elimimian, or Sole-E, he is a sort of Ray Lewis of the CFL, does everything you can ask of a linebacker at a really high level.

Really good dude as well.