Expectations on Sean Smith

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Southbeach, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    i dont think smith is as bad in run support as some or making him out to be. he's no cromartie, i dont think anyone on our team shy's away from tackling. i mean, vontae hits like a safety, and thats rare...but smith is no "slouch" in tackling. (imo)

Anonymous likes this.
  2. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

2 things I love about this: 1. Jason Allen is finally becoming a CB who lives up to the first round pick he was and we've been hoping he would become, 2. this coaching staff has always had the mantra of "competition at EVERY position", looks like this confirms that. JA clearly worked harder and beat out Sean for the starting spot. Hopefully this rattles Sean into growing up and putting his career back into perspective, I would love to see him step up his game and effort so the JA/SS decision becomes a tougher one for Sparano/Nolan. Would mean whoever start, the backup and nickel back is vastly improved.

3. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Sean Smith was not a starting caliber corner last year, period. I don't know if Jason Allen will outplay what Sean did or not, it's only been one week. But SS24 left the door open for a replacement to steal his job, so lets see that happens.

4. Oghma

Oghma Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Scotland
    I watched the games. To be honest neither of the two looked great in coverage last year. Not bad, but not great either.

Forget about last year though. Sure, Smith started every game, but he's 0 for 1 this year. Clearly the staff prefer Davis over him at this point.

5. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    Just a passing thought. I wonder what would have happened with Will Allen in the picture.

6. Oghma

Oghma Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Scotland
    I think a healthy Will Allen would be the starter opposite Davis. I also think Will would slide inside for the nickel, with Jason Allen as the boundary guy.

7. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    A healthy Will Allen starts, and plays the slot in our nickel sets. Vontae would be the other corner, we'd never have traded for Benny Sapp, and Camarillo would probably be starting for us this week :wink2:.