1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FA list that i'd like...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by sweeper, Nov 27, 2007.

Tags:
  1. sweeper

sweeper New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    http://www.draftdaddy.com/nfldraft/freeagentOffense.cfm#8

there are many good players i like on that list.

Lilja at G, (good option with mormino and drop hadnot or keep hadnot and sitll pick him up wiht mormino a back up since we need major depth everywhere)

Trufant, Armasadu (sp), Samuels at CB and its a MUST to get 1 of them.

I think trufant will do since mueller deals with SEA ( i mean was a GM before and is less expensive im assuming compared to those 2)

Jared allen, justin smith and odom aren't bad options.

Locklear at RT cuz Shelton BLOWS.

Sanders if he hits the market or Clark but word is those 2 will be resigned as the owner wants to do nethin possible to get em resigned. one will get tagged the other contract.

TE seems thin so Draft prob will do as its a deep class this year.
    WR crayton WILL get an offer watch n see. Berrian is ok but not a big possession WR that goes n does it over the imddle n everywhere. I like Hardy or Sweed out of college. Moss wont come here trust me. Stokley is a no go too old n not what we need. porter might not be a bad option or Johnson.

2. EightyTwenty

EightyTwenty Don't laugh at the mule

Nov 25, 2007
    Florida
    Good stuff. I'd like to see 2 things out of free agency(at a minimum): a "really good" starting cornerback, and a "very good" starting linebacker. Corey Williams might not be a bad pickup either.

3. MiamiMan147

MiamiMan147 Season Ticket Holder

Nov 26, 2007
    I'd like to see a corner and one of the top 3 RBs from that list. Asomugha and Turner would be awesome, but they'll both command top dollar. Then again there's probably at least a half dozen other directions we could go that would help out our team. We've got quite a bit of cap space, but so do most teams, so there will be some huge deals signed come February.

4. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    I don't know if you've ever seen a lot of Locklear but I have, he is not that large of an upgrade on Shelton and being a free agent he'll be paid TOP dollar, no thanks.

Shelton has been alright this year. I'd rather keep L.J. for another year and draft someone at some point in the '08 draft to push him (along with Glass Joe). Free agent offensive lineman are ALWAYS ridiculously overpaid and Locklear will be no exception.

In my opinion, we should be looking defense, defense and more defense and starting with corner. Will Allen is a perfect #2 but we need a #1. Asomugha is my first pick, he is the 2nd best corner in football in my opinion but I don't think Al Davis is dumb enough to allow him to see free agency. Asante Samual or Trufant are good fall back options. We need to suck it up and throw Nate Clements money at one of them.

We should also push HARD for Jared Allen. He's the young edge rusher we need. I don't think he ends up being free though. Justin Smith is intriguing but he's not the "get to the passer" guy we need.

Albert Haynseworth and Glenn Dorsey at defensive tackle in a 4-3 sounds awfully exciting to me...

Terrell Suggs would be a good addition as a pass rusher.

Bob Sanders has a contract option? I'd sign him, team him with Jason Allen, wind them up and watch them go.

5. quelonio

quelonio Season Ticket Holder

Nov 27, 2007
    If there is any shot at Bob Sanders, and we dont throw the kitchen sink at him, I am really going to be sad. (pretty much same thing with Nnamdi)

6. Adam First

Adam First New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    I'm all for DJ Hackett coming to Miami, he's a rising star in Seattle

7. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    QB- I feel we need to sign a veteran QB if Lemon cannot be resigned. I wouldn't mind bringing in Lemon and maybe drafting a QB in the late round or picking up an undrafted FA.

RB- Michael Turner. I don't think Ricky Williams will be back next year and I'm worried that Chatman may be gone too. Michael Turner would provide great depth and we wouldn't have to run Ronnie into the ground. Great insurance policy IMO.

WR- Patrick Crayton would be a nice pick up IMO. If not him, maybe bring in D.J. Hackett or Bryant Johnson.

TE - Wouldn't mind bringing in DAllas Clark, but it's doubtful. Maybe L.J. Smith but I'd rather draft a TE.

OL - Bring in a few bodies for depth, keep the line up the sign, draft a LG. I don't want to overpay for one of them.

DE- If we could bring in a guy like Jared Allen, I'd be estatic. I wouldn't mind bringing in Marques Douglas for depth. I don't see us picking up a FA DE though.

DT- I think we'll be drafting Dorsey, so I don't see a high priced DT coming our way. Ian Scott might be a nice pick up.

LB- Nothing necessary here, except depth. Michael Boley catches my eye, but I don't see Falcons letting him go.

CB- I'd like either Asomugha or Trufant. I'm not a big fan of bringing in Samuels, although I wouldn't object it. I see Asomugha or Trufant pairing with Will Allen better than Samuels. Resign Michael Lehan too.

S- I'd open Bob Sanders with open arms, but I don't see that happening. I'd prefer to draft a safety opposite to Jason Allen.

K/P- They're fine.

Overall I only see us bringing in one "big name" FA on defense, maybe a guy like Trufant. If I could pick three FA's to come to Miami, it would definitely be Trufant, Bob Sanders, and Michael Turner. But that's just me. Cam plans on rebuilding through the draft, so I don't expect too many big name guys to come to Miami, although I do see Miami being active in FA.

8. sweeper

sweeper New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    good info but its been said tha tbob and clark wont be let go of already. Trufant and arma excite me i hope we get 1 of the big 3. Jared Allen looks good to me as well and dindt know that bout locklear i was iffy on him due to never watching him play.

Id be thrilled with Arma or Trufant or Samuels, then get Lilja at G, Haynesworth has never been this good its his contract year i wuodlnt touch him.

9. dolphan117

dolphan117 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    With the injury history Bob Sanders has I don't know that I want him. I mean I love the guy but someone is going to give him a lot of guaranteed money this off-season and I'm not sure I want to the team on the hook for that kind of dough when there is a good chance he plays half the seasons games.

I don't think we have a real shot at Micheal Turner either, someone is going to make him a feature back and pay him accordingly, can we really top that teams offer to make him our backup? Plus I doubt he wants to be a backup anywhere, hes been doing that a while in SD and I would be very surprised if his heart isn't set on starting.

And I agree, corner and pass rushers need to be a priority this off-season unless our young guys make a lot more progress.

10. Garryowen

Garryowen New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    He's good enough for no other team in the NFL but, he'll signifigantly upgrade our pass rush?

11. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 message board ******* Club Member

Nov 22, 2007
  12. DeDolfan

DeDolfan Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Rehoboth Beach
    Free agents are fine but IMO, the better ones are ones just finishing their rookie contracts and still young. Randy Moss would be an exception for 2 reasons, 1) He's proven he can still play, ya, and 2) He's liable to free up Asante Samuel. Samuel is my "gotta have him" guy. He was franchised this year and with Moss in NE, the choice is simple, IMO. nE will tag one ot the other and the one they don't, I'd go for. We desperately need either [position]. Sure, it's expensive, but no more than all the picks we've thrown away and dead cap space from bad trades/signings.

13. Garryowen

Garryowen New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Posting stats is nothing.

he topped out a 12 sacks....Super.....

So..He's a SUPER FANTASTIC, GAMECHANGER!...

or somthing.... :winkiss:

If he's availiable at a FA, I wonder why he's a difference maker for our team when he'd not be that for another, team...I mean...If he's as good as you seem to think.

14. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Holy moly, GIK. Did our salary cap get raised to $300 million for the 2008 offseason? We'll be lucky to land ONE of those players, forget the rest.

If we can get Marcus Trufant in free agency, then we'll have succeeded.

15. MiamiMan147

MiamiMan147 Season Ticket Holder

Nov 26, 2007
    We're $20 million under the cap, from what I understand. I'm pretty sure that's enough to sign 2 names of that list (though maybe not the top 2) and definately enough to sign 1.

The question is do we want to blow that kind of money on 1-2 guys or look for multiple bargains instead.

16. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    As far as the "big name" guys, I don't see us grabbing more than one of those guys. By no means do I expect us to make a huge splash in FA, I just simply looked through prospects that I liked. My apologies if that came off wrong, but by no means do I think we'll be targeting even a quarter of those players.

17. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    You assume teams are smart. It's most likely cause the Ravens are already heavily invested in their defense. Heck they let what's his name jump ship to the Patriots last year.

18. Garryowen

Garryowen New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    And we let who go last off season? They got picked up though :)

Street FAs are probably not worth a whole lot.

JMO though.

19. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Good free agent signings go hand in hand with good drafting.

Miami's done poorly on both fronts.

20. Garryowen

Garryowen New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Touche' sir. Well played.

21. unifiedtheory

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Huh?

I said "Terrell Suggs would be a good addition as a pass rusher.", which he would be considering how terrible our rush is...

You came back with "He's good enough for no other team in the NFL but, he'll signifigantly upgrade our pass rush?"....

Zeke came back with statistics because it shows that he is currently on a team.

Then you come back with a roar of sarcasm?

Are you trying to say that Suggs is no good because he'll be a free agent after the season? I actually don't know what you are trying to say to be honest.

22. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 message board ******* Club Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Im lost as well...

23. unifiedtheory

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    LOL....I'm eagerly awaiting V.I.P.'s return....I wonder if my chair is still there. :tongue_smilie:

24. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    He may have been thinking of Lee Suggs, the RB.