1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FA we should sign

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by FinNfAn56, Jan 13, 2008.

Tags:
  1. FinNfAn56

FinNfAn56 New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Bryant Johnson- our big wr we need him and ginn could be solid

Corey Williams- could be our nose i our 3-4 he plays for Greenbay

Tommy kelley- our 3-4 DE they guy was hurt all yr but two yrs ago he was a monster

Reeves- cb from dallas he could easily be our #2 corner

try and trade down so we could draft either laruenitis or malcolm jenkins either of these guys helps us or even trade down and take jake long. This would help our team cuz then we can take fred davis or bennett in the second rd to sure up the Te spot along with an o lineman and now we look lik we have a solid d and o

Brown
    Mauia

Beck
    Johnson Davis Carey hadnot Satele Draft Pick Jake Long Ginn

Allen Kelley Williams Holliday Reeves
    Porter Thomas Crowder Taylor

Bell Allen

Doesnt look bad plus we weould have a fewmore draft picks that might pan out so i think that would b solid and wouldnt cost us too much in cap none of those guys are big names

2. NYFinFan

NYFinFan Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Long Island, New York
    Malcolm Jenkins is staying in school and I don't see us signing any of them. Maybe Johnson but unlike many posters on here I don't see the big deal. As far as I remember the last couple games I saw of the Cardinals he wasn't even their 3rd WR.

3. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    I like Johnson and Williams. Another name to consider is Flozell Adams.

4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Kendal Moorehead and Damion Lewis from the Panthers.

Anthony Becht Te

5. Miamifins854

Miamifins854 Finkle is Einhorn

Dec 15, 2007
    UCF
    why have i really never heard bryan johnson's name anywhere? he must be another scrub WR we don't need

6. like2god

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    Actually he is a pretty good WR, but he's been playing behind 2 of the best in the NFL (Boldin and Fitzgerald). Definitely not a scrub.

7. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    maybe...but who COULDN'T get open with those two also on the field? I'm, reminded of Welker, who looked like a solid but not a great WR here, but goes to a team with Moss and Stallworth and looks amazing. Could Johnson just be a product of Boldin and Fitzgeralds attention?

8. Biggtyme13

Biggtyme13 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

I dont see Bryant Johnson being more than a number 3 on any team.

Id like us to look at guys like Travelle Wharton, Ryan Lilja, Flozell Adams, Corey Williams, Isaac Sopoaga, Ken Hamlin.

ID love to get a Corner like Trufant or Samuel but I just dont see us paying out a Nate Clemens type deal that its gonna take to get them

9. Danny

Danny New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Again, I don't expect us to go after the big names....a few younger guys...maybe a DT, a LB and maybe, just maybe a WR....I see us taking a corner on draft day but not over paying for 1 in free agency.

Ozzy rules!!

10. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Right on man - if we could land those three, well, any of them for that matter, I'd be pretty happy.

11. like2god

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    I'm sure it doesn't hurt to have Boldin and Fitz stretching the field for you, but from what I've read he's a very good route runner, has good hands, etc. He's worth a look.

12. AggieFin21

AggieFin21 New Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Just say no to J.Reeves (cowboys CB). He makes Worrell look like a pro bowler....

13. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    I would like Ken Hamlin, Marcus Trufant, and a DT, and i would also like to bring in Bernard Berrian i think that he is better then Bryant Johnson and maybe bring in Alan Faneca or Flozell Adams. and if we could bring them both in that would be great

Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  14. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    He just got flagged for a 15d face mask penalty on the Giants 45 sec TD drive. Giving me chills of excitement already.

15. PHINFAN 4 LIFE

PHINFAN 4 LIFE Season Ticket Holder

Jan 6, 2008
    Fair Hill,Maryland
    I think our free-angent pickups should be : Bryant Johnson , Alan Faneca, and Flozell Adams. This would address 2 big problems with our team right now.This would make our o-line very solid as well as a big strong WR to line up with Ginn.

16. Beast Mode

Beast Mode New Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Buffalo, NY
    No way Fred Davis lasts until the 2nd round, someone will take him in the first.

17. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    i wouldnt be to sure about that no one thought that Greg Olsen would last as long as he did eather

18. sweeper

sweeper New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Davis is more of a WR kinda like Clark. I would love that guy from purdue...Keller? his name jsut slipped my mind

19. general tso

general tso New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Not many teams in the 20's need a TE. Dallas, San Diego, New York Giants, San Francisco, Jacksonville, Green Bay and Pittsburgh probably won't go TE. So he's either got to go in the late teens or to one of the very few teams looking for a TE in the 20's (and I don't think the teams needing a TE have TE as their #1 priority). At this point, I think there's a decent chance he's there at 32.

20. sweeper

sweeper New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Parcells would take a Defensive player at 32 and one of the TEs with our 2nd 2nd i believe if htey are rated higher. just b/c we need a TE badly i doubt we'll reach for it, it just depends on whose on the board, U got Talib and Davis at 32 who do u take? all depends on the board.

21. general tso

general tso New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    I don't think Davis is a reach at #32 and between Talib and Davis it's Davis every time, no question IMO.

22. sweeper

sweeper New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    I dono TE and CB has a pretyt nice deep group but CB has far more impact players needed then TE.

23. sweeper

sweeper New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    if u can get Keller with the 2nd 2nd then Talib wiht the 1st thats better off then lets say Davis and whoever in the 2nd 2nd (just throwign somethign out) u have to look at ur board thats how it works not just 1 player but the overall situation and whats best

24. general tso

general tso New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    I understand what you're saying, but I disagree with your evaluations.

Talib is overrated and choosing between him and Davis is easy, Davis is a much better pro prospect IMO. There are players I'd take over Davis at 32, but give me Davis and Godfrey or Flowers in the 3rd/4th over Talib and a lesser TE any day.

25. sweeper

sweeper New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    keller isnt a lesser TE then Davis. Keller can block far better hten davis and davis isn't a TE taht fits ANY system. if that was the case then dorsey woudl be a sure fire 1st for us.

26. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    No way, he can barely get into his stance, let alone get out of it.

You guys complain about Hadnot's penalties and the like yet you want to bring in the most penalized O-lineman in the league? Why so we can completely kill any momentum our meager offense can muster?

27. FinaticalOne

FinaticalOne New Member

Jan 4, 2008
    We sign:

DB - Drayton Florence
    OT - Travelle Wharton
    LB - Karlos Dansby or Calving Pace
    WR - Andre Davis or Bryant Johnson or DJ Hackett
    DT - Isaac Sapoago

This is my ideal Free Agent offseason. Dansby would be the only one the would be very expensive but even sigining him would still leave us with plenty of money under the cap for the 2009 off season. Keep in the mind, we will not turn this team into instant contenders in one year, but this would be a great step in the right direction.

28. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007

Thats my three right there bro:hi5:

Cory Williams would help us with our first pick, whether it be Dorsey the LSU Horsey or Chris son of Howie..either would already improve their respective games.

Flozell would really solidify our Oline and add the toughness and leadership missing

Anybody doubting Johnson is WRONG. I have had the pleasure to watch MUCH of his games. He would be a star on just about any other team. He has consistently been in the top 30 for catches and yards over the last 4 years, and this is behind Anquan and Fitz.
    He is a very stand-up guy, great tools....good size great speed and is absolutely clutch. Johnson would be my top FA aquisition, followed by Williams and the Flozell the Hotel

like2god likes this.
  29. tay0365

tay0365 New Member

Dec 12, 2007

Flozell would be huge. :up:

30. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Well, actually Flozell IS huge LOL:hi5:

31. tay0365

tay0365 New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    If we could get Flozell Adams, and Corey Williams, have a good draft (Getting at least another quality DE, TE, WR and D-back (Safety or Corner)), and this team could be in the right direction to the playoffs again.

32. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Given Parcells history Ill be shocked if we spend big in FA.

If we come away with Adams or Lilja and a DL like Williams ill be happy. We'll probably look for D and ST contributors first since thats Parcells mantra it seems. Dont be shocked if we do nothing but make depth signings.

33. tay0365

tay0365 New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    I hope so, depending on how he looks in the combines, he could be a bigtime steal at 32.

34. tay0365

tay0365 New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Davis is a good player, and if he shows in the combine he has good speed, it will be tough for him to reach #32. He does need to bulk up a bit if what I heard his weight is happens to be true.

35. tay0365

tay0365 New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    :lol: True

36. phinfan0202

phinfan0202 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Welker was a good WR believe it or not. If we actually had some talent as well he could be a monster tearing up the middle of the field. Same thing with Chris Chambers as when he has some weapons around him he starts making plays.