1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Falcons coach talks wildcat

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by huck1974, Sep 8, 2009.

1. huck1974

huck1974 FU Gene Steratore

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
  2. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    Everyone is starting to use the Wildcat now. I just hope we could still execute it effectively.

3. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Everybody on that board takes us lightly.
    wow.

4. huck1974

huck1974 FU Gene Steratore

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
    I know. I kind of see it as a good even matchup.
    great O and bad D vs. a generally well rounded team

5. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Even if we don't run a single WC play, they have had to use valuable practice time getting prepared to defend it. And I don't see any way Dan Henning and David Lee haven't developed a few new wrinkles in the WC that the NFL is not going to be ready for, Pat White or no Pat White.

DOLFANMIKE likes this.
  6. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    reality is a few days away. there will be the WildCat & ProSet to contend with in game one
    along with a dominant defense. there will be blood! this is not going to be a walk in the park
    should be an excellent game!:hammer:

7. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Bah. screw the dirty birds. Their front 7 really doesn't have a whole lot gong on. J. Andersons a bust. Abrahams good. Petersons done. Loftons solid but solid like Crowder. Meaning he'll make tackles and do nothing else. The rest aren't worth mentioning. We can run on this team, without the wildcat.

8. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    It's funny. He says he's not concerned about us throwing out of the WC. I guess he'll be a bit surprised if White takes a snap. If teams continue to put 9 in the box to defend the WC run due to the fact we'll have an extra man blocking, then it will leave the pass open. It's the reason White was picked second. These HCs have no idea what's coming. It's funny.

bigbry likes this.
  9. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    just scratchin the surface baby.

10. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    i smelled fear when i heard the falcons coach talking.

Shamboubou likes this.
  11. Shamboubou

Shamboubou Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I hear that as well. He sounded pretty comfortable until he started talking about the possibility of Pat White going out and throwing the ball on them, then he sounded like he was scared to death.

These people are all scared to death about the wildcat, talking about putting 9 in the box against it, if we can make it so Pat is throwing out of it...this is going to be beautiful.

12. Sam

Sam Member

Nov 30, 2007
    The other day on the radio, one of the players (think it was Smiley) said they've practiced a dozen new WC plays.

anlgp and djphinfan like this.
  13. phineas64

phineas64 Season Ticket Holder

Now that everyone else is sayin' it's stoppable, we know how, it will be sweet to roll out something else on them. Especially if they have to defend the pass, cause they can't just stick 9 or 10 in the box and call it a day.

14. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I also dont wanna lose sight of finding ways to threaten a defense while ronnie is at the helm....This would be the time where i design plays for pat to be on the field with ronnie as a decoy or x player, theres absolutely no reason for chad pennington to be on the field scratching his balls {shout out to ludicrus, he said that first, the balls thing, lol.}, when we have Pat white, who could threaten a defense and scratch his balls at the same time...

like ive said a million times, its about finding ways to keep defenses somewhat honest so ronnie can do his thing, why do you think we run all those reverse passes stuff. we have to run the trickery occasionally...Iam sure Pat on the field with ronnie will create that angst that ronnie needs to get some space.

15. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    we've only just begun:
    the WildCat (SingleWing) can shift the unbalanced side right or left or into a spread
    w/ Pat White, the passing end of it becomes relevant & a constant threat,
    the defense must cover receivers, opening up even more the run game
    no more crowding the box with nine men, suddenly it's a crap shoot
    the system will be run as was intended by design & all RB's will reap the benefits
    this is why Pat White was drafted. it will no longer be Ronnie Browns WildCat
    it will belong to Brown, Williams, Cobbs, captained by Pat White
    the threat will be everywhere & evenly distributed

it could evolve into a co-system accounting for 30 to 40% of the offense by mid-year

16. CanadianFish

CanadianFish Season Ticket Holder

Dec 7, 2007
    The thing people aren't talking about in our new Wildcat is its Ronnie comming off that Edge when Pat White is in there and if they bring 9 men in the box and ronnie breaks a tackle he is into the open field for a big play.

I dream of a day when Ronnie nails a player like that Raiders game and runs the entire field for a TD....

17. CanadianFish

CanadianFish Season Ticket Holder

Dec 7, 2007
    I'm sitting here wondering has anyone seen if the Dolphins have practice having Ronnie on one side and Ricky on the other both coming in off opposite edges? That surely would mess with any defenses....

18. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 message board ******* Club Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Funny never heard him use the word "gimmick" coming from a Defensive mind HC I like that....some club members will get what im refrencing :).

19. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    The reason Miami is successful with the wildcat is because we play it vanilla to see how the defense will attempt to defend it. Once we see what they are doing, we pull out a special play just for them. The Texans asked us to bomb it over their heads. The Seahawks asked us to run counters to the weakside. The Jets asked us to pass the ball. Whatever they dont defend while we are running sweeps to Ricky is what we will hit them with next. Its hard to stop something that youve never seen before. The Texans didnt stand a chance against that Cobbs flea flicker. They probably thought they were gonna stuff us on that play.

Here's the example from the Texans game....

Look at the 1:17 mark in the video. This is the play right before the flea flicker. They have 8 in the box, and a 9th defender creeping up in man coverage on Ricky. Watch Cobbs on this play. He doesn't even try to block anyone. The defense gives him a free release. What do you think will happen next?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIoRXgppBjY"]YouTube - Dolphins Wildcat Vs. Texans 10/12/08[/ame]

20. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    Friend Gish nice clip.
    now
    imagine what they will do with Pat White running the WildCat

GISH likes this.
  21. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    They haven't shown any new wrinkles in open practices, and reporters weren't allowed to reveal what took place inside the bubble. My guess is we'll see so new stuff come Sunday. And it WILL catch the Falcons off-guard.

Maybe not the Pats game redux, but I'm anticipating something great.

/giggles in excitement

djphinfan likes this.
  22. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 message board ******* Club Member

Nov 22, 2007
    I figure since they will get into panic mode about throwing once white is in the game big gains will be had with him running...jmo.
    Posted via Mobile Device

23. DOLFANMIKE

DOLFANMIKE FOOTBALL COACH 32 YEARS Luxury Box

Mar 22, 2008
    California
    Most coaches are "prove it to me types"... "Show me" type guys that have to see it to believe it. Why worry about defending anything you havent seen the other team do?

In the Wildcat, after the early passing success of Brown to Fasano, Ronnie's poor arm was obvious on the few throws he attempted.

Nobody knows what the "WildPat" has or if it even exsists so far... So there's really no way to prepare for it short of having spies in camp at practices.

As for me, I'm hoping in the worst way that we have it and just havent shown the WildPat. Anything less will leave me scratching my head in wonder.

djphinfan likes this.