1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Falcons need a new coach...

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by finfansince72, Oct 7, 2013.

1. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Terrible loss....should have taken a field goal to go into half time...would have won. Their team is way too talented to be this bad. Good on Geno Smith for playing well and the Jest for making some plays but ....terrible season for the Falcons who are much more talented than their record. Screw the Jests...can't wait to play them this year.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  2. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    He will definitely get fired but it won't be during the season. The Falcons are still in play for a wild card spot. The division is pretty much a wrap I don't see the Saints losing more than 3 games this season.

Matt Ryan is a damn good quarterback and it's very rare to fire the entire coaching staff when you already have an established quarterback. But I think Matt will transition well from it. I do think Matt does share blame for their failures, you're the face of the franchise, you should be the one in command of play calls, not your stupid coach.

3. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    They must really hate the AFC East. 0-3. All three are games they could have easily won

4. BicketyBam

BicketyBam No Fist Pumps Allowed

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    With your OLine? I hope Tannehill makes it out in one piece.

5. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Can see the injuries being used as an excuse to keep him, but really he is terrible.

Frankly I wasn't even too down on the call to go for it, I almost always prefer the aggressive play. However, that playcall was atrocious - just run right up the gut with no motion or misdirection? Probably your weakest going against the Jets strength, with no attempt to disguise? How can a coach get all that money and fail so badly. And he is known for unimaginative playcalling in short yardage.

6. finfansince72

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Thats it though, he's been burned routinely with his 4th down calls and really it was a panic move to go for it. You take the points go into half time and come back and win it, he caused his team to panic and choke IMHO. Bad call, not just because he called a bad play, just a sign that he was desperate and they shouldn't have been, they were on the way back. He's a terrible coach, not even mediocre, he's a goner after the season. I was lukewarm on him before this season but he's terrible.

7. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Yeah was not a needed call there really. I am just more shocked at how little he learns though, compounding a bad call to go for it with a bad playcall to top it off. Just generally very poor game management, poor situational reads, vanilla schemes. He may get another chance what with all the injuries though. He just seems like the type of guy that upper echelon coaches like Sean Payton will run circles around. God, I love me some Sean Payton, but how good can life be coaching a division with Mike Smith, Ron Rivera and Greg Schiano lol. Could have 3 new occupied seats after this season!

8. finfansince72

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Yeah thats not exactly an "A" list of coaches right there....and it shows you that the Falcons have maybe been a bit overrated the last few years because of how bad that division is outside of New Orleans. I think he gets fired if they don't make the playoffs, he just hasn't been a great coach and the team is young and talented enough that they can get the top coaching prospect if they want a new coach. I wouldn't be shocked if someone like Gruden is tempted by that job, maybe Cowher.