1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fallout: New Vegas golden

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by mor911, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Peaceful is generally better, especially because you can still go back and do the violent solutions and get Cass’ second perk. You just need to be careful about how you go about the job.

For example, you have to be hidden when you kill Alice, otherwise your reputation at Crimson Caravan takes a massive hit. And fighting the Van Graffs is pretty tough, but if you take their mission, you get the opportunity to let a suicide bomber into their store and do the job for you. You miss out on a lot of loot, though. You also fail their quest that culminates in bringing Cass to the store to be shot. Though there’s a mod out there that lets you pass a speech check to keep her alive and still pass the quest. You’ll have to kill them the old fashioned way though.

2. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    The first DLC pack has been announced: Dead Money. Due out December 21. Xbox 360 exclusive at a cost of 800 points. WHY? Vendigo, for the love of all that is holy, tell me why developers do this. Microsoft can’t possibly have dump trucks full of THAT much money… can they?

Oh well. At least the PC version has mods:

[​IMG]

There are no less than seven active mods in that one screenshot alone.

3. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Can you have both perks at once? I read somewhere that you couldn't.

4. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Yeah, I just read the same thing a little while ago. I was under the impression that you could get both perks, but you can only get one. If you kill the necessary NPCs after getting the Calm Heart perk, it’s overwritten by the new perk. I personally prefer Calm Heart, because Cass’ default outfit has no DT whatsoever and so she needs the HP. Yeah, you could give her armor, but I prefer to sell the stuff and buy new weapons.

5. finsincebirth

Dec 1, 2007

That mod is awesome by the way. I wish I could do that

6. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    There are seven!

1. URWL, gets rid of the orange filter, modifies lighting and skyboxes.
    2. Mossberg shotgun.
    3. Reinforced Chinese stealth suit.
    4. New textures for the reinforced Chinese stealth suit.
    5. Depth of field adjustments.
    6. Desert retextures.
    7. Third person camera centering.

There’s also an eighth mod, a backpack that adds to carry weight, but that’s not visible.

7. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 message board ******* Club Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Have you tried the "New Vegas bounties" MOD ? If not I personally give it a high ranking for a player made adventure.

8. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Yep, played through it. It’s very well done, but at the same time it’s missing a little something in the way of depth. The missions are a little too straightforward for my taste, and it doesn’t get truly interesting until the end. Would be better if the sequel came out sooner.

Zeke0123 likes this.
  9. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    wow, took me about 30 minutes total before I got glitched into the side of a rock where it apparently thinks i'm in mid-air (and thus can't fast travel) and also am stuck and can't move. This may just piss me off enough to move onto a different black friday game til I cool down. Seriously, a game that is this well done/thought out shouldn't let you get frozen inside a rock with minimal effort. it wasn't even like I was trying to get to an impossible to reach location or anything either. Couple this with the fact that since there are a lot of 'outdoors' in this game it seems, there will be a lot fewer auto save points than in the last game. When I walk out into a country side and think to myself "well, I can't foresee myself dying here on account of the 'critters', so no need to save" I shouldn't have to say to myself "welp, better auto save just in case I get caught in a rock". thats bs.

/end rant

10. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Welcome to the Gamebryo engine. Enjoy your stay.

11. finsincebirth

Dec 1, 2007
    Trust me, you want to save often. I've only been stuck in a rock once, but I have had it freeze a few times. Usually I'm wondering in the wasteland and thing, "I should save" but don't because I figure I'm just walking through the wasteland. Usually about that time I come across some fiends or something else that kills a companion and then I have to reload. If you get the hunch to save, do it often. As frustrating as the glitches are, it is still a great game and deserves a play. I've put about 30 hours into the game, am level 20 and still haven't done much of the main story line. By the time I'm done I'll probably put 50 hours in.

12. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Yeah I know how it is, isn't my first go with a glitchy game or anything, I was just upset and drunk last night, and with about 5 other black friday games sitting there unopened, it really made me want to switch. But I didn't. Played for another hour after that and no more issues.. I'll just stay away from rocks from now on.