1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fans say the darndest things.

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by Dolfan330, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Dolfan330

Dolfan330 My wein is so chaffed...

Jan 25, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Ever notice how die-hard fans say things that sound absurd to everyone but themselves? Who are these delusional people kidding?! Well, here are a couple qoutes/ paraphrases from Jets fans I've heard or read the last few days. Feel free to add your own.

On facing the Phins next season: " The Jets suffered monumental collapses against the Dolphins in both games this past season. If it wasn't for another late defensive meltdown in one game and the kickoff coverage squad forgetting to tackle in the other, the Jets would've swept them this past season. They should be able to beat the Fins at home."

On aquiring Porter if he is released: "Hell no! We don't need a trash talking player in our locker room! It'll ruin the team's chemistry!"

unluckyluciano likes this.
  2. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    I saw a similar quote on a message board and laughed my *** off. :lol:

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  3. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Well, I did read something about some of the Jets fans looking at Indy as their chief rival now and expecting to meet them in the AFCCG on an annual basis here on out.
    But to be fair we've got some delusional fans of our own.

4. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    im sure we do, but jesus jets fans seems to be on acid sometimes........ its almost like a cult.

muscle979 and late again like this.
  5. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I'm not delusional guys. :D

steveincolorado likes this.
  6. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    That's why they have Rex Ryan.

7. NYJ

NYJ J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

Oct 8, 2009
    New Jersey
    A fun task -- go back to your posts from years ago and read them. Man, I really loved Herm Edwards. And Eric Mangini. And I was totally off base. I hero-worshipped Kerry Rhodes for being the only player on D who gave 100%. Now I blast him for giving the least effort. etc.

8. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    The sad truth is that Jets, Bills and Dolphins fans have ALL been led down the garden path in recent years.
    For the Fins, Wanny and Saban.
    For the Bills, Phillips and Mularkey
    And for the Jets, Edwards and Mangini.
    All of the above named HCs gave our respective teams a taste of success their first year but never followed through.