Fantasy Football Advice Thread

1365 repliesPinned

bg34bg34New Member
Sep 25, 2010, 04:27 PM

I would be loaded at RB with CJ, Bradshaw, Ricky, McCoy, and D. Williams!

Clark KentClark KentForum Veteran
Sep 26, 2010, 12:16 PM

Tom Brady vs. Buffalo

or

Michael Vick vs. Jax

Who should I start?

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Sep 26, 2010, 07:00 PM

"Clark Kent wrote:

Tom Brady vs. Buffalo

or

Michael Vick vs. Jax

Who should I start?

Either way, you won. But Vick is having an insane day.

I’m stomping SICK by almost 100 points with Vick leading the way.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

Clark KentClark KentForum Veteran
Sep 26, 2010, 07:28 PM

"Desides wrote:

Either way, you won. But Vick is having an insane day.

I’m stomping SICK by almost 100 points with Vick leading the way.

Vick had like 10 more points and I started Brady. I've got a pretty good team that's 0-2 because I've lost by 3-5 points (into the 100's on a yahoo league) and I'm facing the #1 guy in the league.

I'm down 73-89 right now. He has Jennings playing Monday and I've got Ronnie and Marshall. Both theses ****ers better put up some points for me tonight.

All I know is Vick is making himself a rich man again this off season.

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Sep 26, 2010, 07:47 PM

"Clark Kent wrote:

Vick had like 10 more points and I started Brady. I've got a pretty good team that's 0-2 because I've lost by 3-5 points (into the 100's on a yahoo league) and I'm facing the #1 guy in the league.

I'm down 73-89 right now. He has Jennings playing Monday and I've got Ronnie and Marshall. Both theses ****ers better put up some points for me tonight.

All I know is Vick is making himself a rich man again this off season.

I like your odds. And I feel your pain, I lost by 1 point last week. I should be 2-1 in In_Flames’ league.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

SKSkyfire023Forum Veteran
Sep 26, 2010, 08:14 PM

I just got offered Calvin Johnson & Hakeem Nicks for Austin Collie. Since I really only pay attention to the dolphins I`m not sure how good any of them are so would you guys make this trade?

pocolocopocolocoSupporter
Sep 26, 2010, 08:18 PM

"Skyfire023 wrote:

I just got offered Calvin Johnson & Hakeem Nicks for Austin Collie. Since I really only pay attention to the dolphins I`m not sure how good any of them are so would you guys make this trade?

Heck yes. That's just someone bummed about the Giants and having a knee-jerk buy high moment after Collies' performance. Make that trade before they have second thoughts

SKSkyfire023Forum Veteran
Sep 26, 2010, 08:20 PM

Ok thanks for your response.

BumrushBumrushSupporter
Sep 27, 2010, 03:07 PM

Ok- I need a RB - I'm thinking Benjarvus Green-Ellis on the Patsies.. Problem is my team is pretty stacked now, and I don't know who to get rid off...

Current Roster:

Brees / McNabb
Fitz / Nicks/ Collie / Maclin / Santana Moss / Mark Clayton
Pierre Thomas / Mike Tolbert / CJ Spiller / Peyton Hillis (picked him up 3 weeks ago!!!)
Kaeding
New York D

So who do I drop for Benjarvus Green-Ellis? Should I dump McNabb and take my chances on a different QB when Brees has his bye week? Dump Spiller who in all probability won't be a threat consistently? Then again Edwards was just released so Spiller may see some throws from Fitzpatrick..

pocolocopocolocoSupporter
Sep 29, 2010, 04:42 PM

I dunno Bum, that's a hard one. I'm not sure you should dump any of your guys for Green-Ellis. The Pats really spread it around, and I don't see him as being terribly consistent threat.

I'm in a league with a bunch of Pats fans so, believe or not, Green-Ellis was drafted. So if you had to pick a guy, I'd say Tolbert. Ryan Mathews looks to return soon, possibly this Sunday, and Tolbert had a critical fumble that won't endear him to the coaching staff there. CJ Spiller is at least the feature guy, even if he is on a horrible team. He has homerun stuff and returns value, so he's worth stashing on the bench for a little longer. But Tolbert has a really great matchup this week... if he starts.

A guy worth considering in my opinion Ryan Torain. I had to grab him for the flex this week, I'm decimated by the bye week and my two stars- Ray Rice and Steven Jackson- are knicked up and look like they'll be rested for the week. At least Torain might become a starter on a team with a legitimate passing game. Not sure if Portis got benched for the second half of the last game or, as some of the talking heads suggest, his career is starting to circle the drain. I'm going to lose big this week, so I figured I might take a flyer on a guy.

So my advice is to lay off Green-Ellis, something like Torian for Tolbert is a coin flip, gotta go with your gut. I'd be inclined to stick with Tolbert for the week (great matchup) and then look to replace him.

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
Sep 29, 2010, 05:52 PM

Spiller, but I don't think BGE is a big upgrade.

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Sep 30, 2010, 06:34 AM

I’m starting Louis Murphy, Zach Miller, and Darren McFadden in a PPR league.

Crazy, or crazy like a fox?

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

Clark KentClark KentForum Veteran
Sep 30, 2010, 02:16 PM

Should I trade Tom Brady for MJD and Cedric Benson? in my winners league, I have Ronnie Brown and Hightower as my starters.

My only concern is whether or not Vick can keep his game where it is. I'm worried if he has a bad game or two, Kevin Kolb is coming back in and then I'm ****ed.

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
Sep 30, 2010, 02:20 PM

"Clark Kent wrote:

Should I trade Tom Brady for MJD and Cedric Benson? in my winners league, I have Ronnie Brown and Hightower as my starters.

My only concern is whether or not Vick can keep his game where it is. I'm worried if he has a bad game or two, Kevin Kolb is coming back in and then I'm ****ed.

Hell yea I would.

Idk why you have so many RBs though. Can't you get a WR in the deal or trade one?

So pickup Kolb as insurance or another QB with upside.

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Sep 30, 2010, 02:22 PM

"Clark Kent wrote:

Should I trade Tom Brady for MJD and Cedric Benson? in my winners league, I have Ronnie Brown and Hightower as my starters.

My only concern is whether or not Vick can keep his game where it is. I'm worried if he has a bad game or two, Kevin Kolb is coming back in and then I'm ****ed.

Kolb only comes back if Vick gets injured. And then Vick only comes back with the Eagles if he gets one hell of a contract offer from them.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

305305Forum Veteran
Sep 30, 2010, 03:24 PM

Eli Manning vs CHI or McNabb vs Eagles?

We're all here because we're all not there.

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Sep 30, 2010, 03:31 PM

"NewEra8 wrote:

Eli Manning vs CHI or McNabb vs Eagles?

I’d consider McNabb due to the revenge factor. Worked for Brettfavre last year.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

MonstBlitzMonstBlitzForum Veteran
Sep 30, 2010, 04:53 PM

Should I hang onto Jerome Harrison going forward? Does he have any value with the performance Hillis just had? Or should I drop him for a guy like Bernard Scott?

No PPR. 4 RBs. Roster limits.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Sep 30, 2010, 04:55 PM

"MonstBlitz wrote:

Should I hang onto Jerome Harrison going forward? Does he have any value with the performance Hillis just had? Or should I drop him for a guy like Bernard Scott?

No PPR. 4 RBs. Roster limits.

Brandon Jacobs is a guy many seem to have given up on. In a non-PPR league you'd benefit from the way the will Giants use him in the red zone to pound the rock. Might be worth a look if someone's already dumped him.

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

MonstBlitzMonstBlitzForum Veteran
Sep 30, 2010, 05:09 PM

"lmeister3 wrote:

Brandon Jacobs is a guy many seem to have given up on. In a non-PPR league you'd benefit from the way the will Giants use him in the red zone to pound the rock. Might be worth a look if someone's already dumped him.

he's on a roster. Specifically wondering about Bernard Scott. My thinking is Ced's wheels are gonna fall off real soon with the way they are working him.

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Sep 30, 2010, 05:32 PM

Harrison is worth holding on to if you think Hillis is a fraud. Otherwise, dump him. Two guys to look at are John Kuhn and Ryan Torain. Brandon Jackson is doing squat in GB, and Kuhn is next in their RB rotation; likewise, Clinton Portis is clearly out of gas in Washington, and Shanahan really likes Torain. They’re fliers, but better to grab them a week early than miss out on waivers.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Sep 30, 2010, 05:34 PM

"Desides wrote:

Harrison is worth holding on to if you think Hillis is a fraud. Otherwise, dump him. Two guys to look at are John Kuhn and Ryan Torain. Brandon Jackson is doing squat in GB, and Kuhn is next in their RB rotation; likewise, Clinton Portis is clearly out of gas in Washington, and Shanahan really likes Torain. They’re fliers, but better to grab them a week early than miss out on waivers.

Kuhn is an interesting case. He's looking to get all the carries there in GB, and I did pick him up on one of my teams for this week especially since their matchup is Detroit. It is expected GB will take an early lead and run the ball for the rest of the game. I expect Kuhn to get me some points via yardage.

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Sep 30, 2010, 07:38 PM

"lmeister3 wrote:

Kuhn is an interesting case. He's looking to get all the carries there in GB, and I did pick him up on one of my teams for this week especially since their matchup is Detroit. It is expected GB will take an early lead and run the ball for the rest of the game. I expect Kuhn to get me some points via yardage.

That’s very possible, but Kuhn is still the #2 behind Jackson until McCarthy makes the switch.

For more immediate results, it looks like Steven Jackson won’t play this weekend, so Kenneth Darby is a good fill-in.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

CashInFistCashInFistForum Veteran
Sep 30, 2010, 08:05 PM

"Desides wrote:

I’m starting Louis Murphy, Zach Miller, and Darren McFadden in a PPR league.

Crazy, or crazy like a fox?

You are crazy...:lol:

Seriously, the raiders??? I have no faith in them atm...

CashInFistCashInFistForum Veteran
Sep 30, 2010, 08:15 PM

"MonstBlitz wrote:

Should I hang onto Jerome Harrison going forward? Does he have any value with the performance Hillis just had? Or should I drop him for a guy like Bernard Scott?

No PPR. 4 RBs. Roster limits.

I droppped Jerome Harrison two weeks ago and he is still there on the WW.

Best drop i have made so far. The Browns FO hates him, he is done there.

I wouldn't get Scott either, get someone that actually is playing now and getting touches...