1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fantasy Football Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by The Rev, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Phin McCool

Phin McCool Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2017
    United Kingdom
    I would. You have decent depth at RB.

2. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    would you start Andy Dalton vs Pittsburgh or DeShaun Watson vs Buffalo, also of these names, you can start 3 since Barkley is already finished, right now i´m starting Melvin Gordon, Landry and Josh Gordon since i´m scared to start Robert Woods because of the possible snow game in Denver with the Rams and i have a feeling this will be Josh Gordon´s breakout game on national TV against the Chiefs.

Jarvis Landry vs Los Angeles Chargers
    Robert Woods @ Denver
    Josh Gordon vs Kansas City
    Kenyan Drake vs Chicago
    Melvin Gordon vs Cleveland
    Saquon Barkley vs Philadelphia *LOCKED
    Chris Carson vs Oakland @ London

TE

Jimmy Graham vs San Francisco or Jared Cook vs Seattle @ London

3. Linus

Linus Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 9, 2008
    Any opinion on Rodgers or Rivers at QB today? Both favorable matchus. Rivers has been more consistent lately but there's always the chance for the new coach bump and Rodgers trying to prove himself. Any thoughts?

4. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Might as well.

5. BevoPhin

BevoPhin Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2013
    I took that deal over 2 months ago. I drafted very RB heavy hoping to trade them, but everyone turned down CMC, Chubb, and Conner offers. My ingram for Brees trade was the only trade in our 7 year old league this year. Bush league, but I’m lucky they turned down the trades because I’m in the playoffs.

6. Linus

Linus Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 9, 2008
    I am in a PPR championship. My roster is:

QB Rivers/Rodgers
    WR Diggs
    WR Golden Tate
    RB MCCaffrey
    RB Dalvin Cook
    TE Ebron
    Flex Kenyan Drake
    K Badgley
    D - New England (v Bills)

1. Rivers vs Ravens or Rodgers vs Jets (injured and not much to play for)? Josh Allen and Derek Carr are available.
    2. Mike Williams (is Allen playing?), Ballage, Robby Anderson (is Enunwa playing?), and Robert Foster are all available. My bench has nobody of value....should I specifically go for any of these available guys? And if so, do I start any of them?
    3. Browns (v CIN) and Colts (v NYG) are available. Jake Elliott and Matt Bryant are available. Should I replace any of my starters? Seems kind of silly to discuss, but it's the championship and every point counts lol...

7. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Looking for some thoughts here. I think this is an open and shut win for me, so maybe I'm looking to brag...haha.

I'm in a keeper league with some friends. We've been doing it for our 13th year, upcoming.

QBx2, RBx2, WRx3, TE, W/R/T Flex, K, D/ST
    12 Team League
    3 Keepers - all 1 year long, except one designated franchise player (keep an extra year, 2 total)

Just did this deal today.
    I traded away Baker Mayefield (10R, has 2 years of keeper eligibility) for DeShaun Watson (6R, 1 year eligibility) and Nick Chubb (9R, 2 years).

I'll now be keeping Watson (6R), Chubb (9R), and Aaron Jones (11R); Before it was Baker (10R), Jones (11R) and a decision between Drake (16R), Darnold (8R), or Pettis (16R).

I feel like I got an absolute steal here and improved my keepers. I also won the 1st pick in the draft via the consolation round last year, which will land me Barkley, Zeke, or McCaffrey depending on how our keepers shake out. So, I feel good.

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  8. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    I don’t mean to put a damper on it but I think I liked Mayfield in R10, Jones R11 and Drake R16 better. Mayfield is gonna be a beast. Watson will be too but with seemingly a higher propensity for injury. Chubb is a stud potentially but he’s in a time share with Duke Johnson and Kareem Hunt (when Hunt is back from suspension). This can either work out really well or blow up in your face

9. rdhstlr23

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Fair.

I'm not a fan of Kenyan Drake's upside. I think the Dolphins RB position will be far more of a timeshare than the CLE RB position. Hunt won't be back until the 9th game and he's not going to come back immediately. I'm not worried about Duke at all. When Kitchens took over, Duke did nothing. That's not considering the issues between the two of them either.

I think DeShaun Watson finishes as a Top 3 QB. If you think that Browns offense is going to be a beast, then you've got to believe that Chubb will be the beneficiary of some TDs there.

Boik14 likes this.
  10. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    It all really depends on the scoring system. I just read a magazine that ranks Drew freaking Brees as this year's #12 QB! If your league gives a lot of value to QBs running the ball, then Watson is likely very valuable. Doubly so if they award bonus points for long touchdowns, which the Texans specialize in.

The ability to pair Chubb with your choice of elite RB is pure gold.

11. rdhstlr23

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Fairly standard. It used to VERY QB heavy.

4 pt passing TD
    6 pt rushing TD

There are bonuses for yardage - 350 (2), 400 (4), 500 (8).

I think Watson is going to go off. Plus, I do like his rushing upside. But, even if Baker goes off, I don't see him being that far greater than Watson. And again, give me Chubb/Jones/Watson over Drake/Jones/Mayfield, especially considering the early rankings/projections of players.

12. rdhstlr23

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Anyone else as high on Aaron Jones as I am?

Would one to read players that fall in these categories for those on the site:

Guys you want/ending up with a lot
    Guys you’re avoiding
    Guys you like relative to cost/ADP (sleeper)

Particular strategy you employ (2 QB league, zero RB strategy, etc.)

Guys I really like -
    Geronimo Allison
    Aaron Jones
    Ronald Jones
    DeVante Parker (if Fitz starts)
    Latavius Murray
    Damien Harris, James White, Sony Michel
    Mitch Trubisky

Avoiding all Jets, including Le’Veon Bell. Avoiding all Redskins, especially Guice.

13. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I actually think that DeVante is a lot better off if Rosen starts. Fitzpatrick is a mad bomber, throwing it downfield as often as possible. That will boost Kenny Stills' stats a lot, no doubt - a lot like Matt Moore. But Parker is better at the mid range stuff - slants, outs, comebacks, ect. His best games have almost always come when Tannehill or Cutler were moving the ball down in mid range chunks, often in a two minute situation. Let him get into a rhythm and keep hitting him on those 10-15 yard patterns over and over. That's Rosen's game a lot more than Fitz.

14. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    If youre banking a fantasy season on a Devante Parker breakout, you already lost. If he has 800 yards and 4-6td its a massive success.

Trubisky could be really good in year 2 in Nagys offense. Hes was good in year 1.

Ronald Jones is worth a late round flier. Hes got to be better between the tackles though or Peyton Barber will remain the guy own in fantasy.

Allison is a tricky one...if i owned him, id probably want MVS also. Basically youre gambling that 1 has fantasy relevance.

15. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I am permanently banking on Parker's success! Both in fantasy and in real life. :bighug:

Boik14 likes this.
  16. rdhstlr23

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Need some help from the Fantasy Football Community.

League setup is normal .5ppr settings, except we have bonuses (start 2 QBs)
    RB: 100 rushing yds (2pt), 150 rushing yds (4pt), 200 rushing yds (8pt)
    WR: Same as above
    (QB doesn't matter for my ask)

Would you trade OBJ for Zeke straight up?

Here is my roster (thin because I made a ton of trades last year going for it):

QB: Watson
    QB: Dak
    RB: Chubb
    RB: A. Jones
    WR: OBJ
    WR: Diggs
    FLEX: Godwin
    FLEX: L. Murray
    TE: Goedert
    (D/ST & K) don't matter

Bench: RBs: J. Hill, D. Harris, M. Brown; WRs: G. Allison, D. Parker, M. Goodwin

My WR situation is thin giving up OBJ. I'm losing my only top tier WR, maybe Godwin gets there. Also, it looks like Zeke is signing, but any fear that he hasn't played a ton and will use the next couple of weeks to get going?

Roster could be:

QB: Dak
    RB: A. Jones
    WR: Godwin
    WR: Diggs
    FLEX: Godwin
    FLEX: E. Elliott
    TE: Goedert

17. BevoPhin

BevoPhin Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2013
    I don’t like that league setup at all, what with 2 QBs and all the bonuses.

But seek for obj straight up is a trade I do just about every time, and I have OBJ in my 2nd most expensive league. You probably don’t want to rely on latavius Murray.

18. rdhstlr23

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Love 2 QBs. I would recommend trying it sometime. It's the most important position in the NFL, why not fantasy?

19. rdhstlr23

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Trying to sell high on Aaron Jones and get anything for Stefon Diggs.

Anyone have any deals they've done for either?
    Also, any guys you're trying to buy?

20. Phin McCool

Jan 29, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Week 2 I traded away Will Fuller, Kyler Murray and Dante Pettis for DeAndre Hopkins. The guy was big on Murray and I got a tier 1 WR to partner Julio Jones. Sweet.

ToddPhin and Boik14 like this.
  21. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Jesus, how many roofies did you slip in his drink to get him to sign off on that?

ToddPhin likes this.
  22. Phin McCool

Jan 29, 2017
    United Kingdom
    LOL, what are 'roofies'?

He wanted Breida instead of Pettis but I managed to persuade him that he didn't need anymore RB's. I'm very light at RB with just Breida, Shady, Gurley and Drake. I only picked Drake up off waivers after someone dropped him, in the hope that he gets traded to a decent team... :chuckle:

Boik14 likes this.
  23. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Seriously?????:escape2:

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/addiction/date-rape-drugs

ToddPhin likes this.
  24. Phin McCool

Jan 29, 2017
    United Kingdom
    I might have chance to trade Shady away for Kareem Hunt. Player has Hunt in his IR slot and is desperate for a half decent RB. I'm happy stashing him until wk10. What do people think?

25. rdhstlr23

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Simply asking about the players here and their keeper potential. Who would prefer for ROS and potentially the value they bring as a keeper.

James White (6R keeper for 1st year; 2nd year at 5R)
    Sam Darnold (7R keeper for 1 year...minimal value unless he blows up)

OR

Kerryon Johnson (6R keeper for 1 year)
    Mitch Trubisky (4R keeper for 1st year; 3R keeper for 2nd year....no keeper value)

P.S. 2 QB league I play in (12 teams...QBs are very valuable)

26. rdhstlr23

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Does your league have any keeper or dynasty value? If so, what is the value for Hunt?

In terms of this year, I'm keeping McCoy.

What are you hoping to get in Kareem Hunt? The guy in KC? Because that isn't happening.I just don't see how Hunt really breaks into Chubb's touches. I don't see how he breaks in enough to warrant a starting spot. The question is - would you have traded away McCoy for Duke Johnson in the 2H last year? Outside of 2 solid games (where he scored receiving TDs), he wasn't playable.

Hunt won't get the RZ work. Plus, people don't realize he's coming off a hernia injury suffered in TC leading up to the season. To me, Hunt's value is selling him to the Chubb owner (I own Chubb in my league and won't trade for him due to price) and if you can keep him. Very likely that Hunt shows he's a good citizen and talented and signs elsewhere next year.

McCoy isn't great. He looks old, but I still trust that offense. KC still paid him 4m, so he's going to get some work, no matter what.

If I were you, I would keep McCoy and stash Darrell Williams. He's looked like the best RB for them and he's started to eat at the snap counts (last week). Unless there is some keeper potential at play here, that is what I would do.

EDIT: Also, depending on when your league's trade deadline is, it's very likely that McCoy only adds to his value. I don't think that deal will be off the table, even with a poor McCoy game on TNF (which could happen). So, you might be able to get more than Kareem Hunt.

27. rdhstlr23

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I don't think you got the better end of this.

I too traded for Hopkins (after WK4), but used draft capital to do so. I'm not thrilled with it either. I have Watson and I'm just waiting to really feel the benefits of that stacking.

28. Phin McCool

Jan 29, 2017
    United Kingdom
    I was over the moon at the time but neither DAH or JJ have brought me many points in so far. I also have Watson.

My trade - Shady for Hunt has been accepted. I still think that I'll get a better return from Hunt in the run in than from Shady. I have Breida, Gurley, Edmunds and Drake, so I'm not blessed with backs. I picked Drake up when someone dropped him in week 4, in the hope that he might get traded to somewhere, where his output will rise. Fingers crossed eh?

29. rdhstlr23

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Trade worked out for you!

30. rdhstlr23

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Need some lineup help.

QFs this week. I’m on vacation in Europe and we come back home Sunday, so I’ll be unable to edit my lineup.

My biggest issue is who am I playing at WR/RB/FLEX. For me, the decision is between Hopkins and White. Would love to know what you guys think.

Scoring - .5ppr, all else standard except bonuses (2pt 100 yds rec/rush, 4pts for 150, 8pts for 200)...2 QB but those are set

Current lineup:
    QB: Winston
    RB: A.Jones
    WR: Godwin
    WR: Parker
    FLEX: Diggs
    FLEX: J.White
    TE: Henry
    K: Prater
    D/ST: Baltimore

Bench:
    Beckham Jr.
    Hopkins
    Hilton
    Mostert
    D.Thompson
    R.Griffin

Every single analyst/pundit will say start Hopkins (same with OBJ, but not doing it). But, I feel like White’s floor is similar to Hopkins, and I love the blowup potential of White vs KC.

The only thing I worry about is will NE run all over KC with Michel.

Chris Harris is really good. Hopkins will get his 5/50 floor, but I don’t see a breakout there.

31. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    If it were me I’d start OBJ over Godwin and Nuk over White. However I can see the logic in going with White. If you’re that dead set on not starting OBJ I’m still never benching Hopkins. So start Hopkins over Godwin. I love the Colts in that game.

rdhstlr23 likes this.
  32. rdhstlr23

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks for the advice. You may be right. I just can’t bench Godwin, a guy that’s scored under double digits only twice in our league. His busy rate is real low.

It’s my biggest reason for not starting OBJ, who has a HIGH bust rate. It’s my fear of not starting Hopkins, who has a low one.

I worry that the “squeaky wheel gets the grease” may be coming with OBJ’s latest media availability.

33. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Obj faces the bengals. I’ll take my chances with that over the Godwin vs colts matchup. The only saving grace to that is Winston gets yards but Eberflues defense is pretty stingy.

and like I said NUK is matchup proof. He should never be riding pine. Ever. If he’s on 1 leg he’s still one of the top 5 wr in the game.

34. rdhstlr23

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Appreciate the advice. I benched White for Hopkins.

Will not be starting OBJ. He’s a WR3 at this stage. His upside is **** and his floor is ****.

Love Godwin any week. We will see what happens!

35. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    I wouldn’t bench white...that’s your call though. I gave my 2 cents.

36. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    FYI @rdhstlr23 OBJ vs bottom half of the league has played 4 games vs bottom half of the league pass defenses Tennessee, NyJ, Miami, Seattle...check out his stats those games. Cincy is a bottom half of the league pass D. Sports hernia be damned. Start him imo.

37. rdhstlr23

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Appreciate your input. It got me to re-insert Hopkins.

Glad I stuck to the guy with OBJ. He’s just worthless dude. Had a big catch reversed, but still. That offense is just a crapshoot outside of Chubb and Hunt.

How about those Bucs though ;)

Boik14 likes this.
  38. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Godwin only got that kind of target load cause of an unpredictable injury to Evans hammy.

hopefully you’re winning...

39. rdhstlr23

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I disagree with that re: Godwin. Evans got hurt and he got his normal share. Again, Godwin has had a very high floor all season.

And ya, I have high point total by a country mile.

Would have been interesting to see what Parker would have done if healthy. The Jets DBs were Swiss cheese.

Has two more good matchups and I hope he can play.

40. rdhstlr23

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Here’s my dilemma this week.

Current lineup:
    Winston QB @DET
    Watson QB @TEN
    Hopkins WR @TEN
    Godwin WR @DET
    A.Jones RB CHI
    Chubb RB @ARI
    Henry TE MIN
    Beckham Jr. FLEX @ARI
    Parker FLEX @NYG
    Gould K @ATL
    BAL D/ST NYJ (scored 10 pts last night)

Bench:
    Mostert @ATL
    Diggs @LAC
    J.White CIN

If Parker doesn't play, then I'll most likely switch out Parker for James White.

.5ppr, bonuses for 100,150,200 yds (receiving and rushing)