Fantasy Football Discussion

140 replies

Fin-OmenalFin-OmenalNew Member
Aug 26, 2014, 06:06 AM

"Boik14 wrote:

Ask yourself if he even has to throw accurately with garcon/jackson/reed/roberts....

As a real life qb...hes kind of where Tannehill is, just with some playoff experience but as a fantasy qb....golden. Even if his passing yards are modest say 3500 for the year/about 220 a game (modest by todays standards) hes goingt o run for a ton of yards. As with any rushing qb, make sure you have a good back up....I took Andy Dalton in my league who will be a viable matchup play. Ill take it a step further...RG3 is my darkhorse to lead in QB scoring. I like his supporting cast and he has 6 games vs the NYG/Dallas and Eagles who have mediocre defenses. The NYG cant cover running qbs under Fewell. Dallas has no LB's left. Eagles are a work in progress.

Better chance Knicks make ECF than him being healthy for 16 games

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Aug 26, 2014, 10:10 AM

"Fin-Omenal wrote:

Better chance Knicks make ECF than him being healthy for 16 games

Disagree

Fin-OmenalFin-OmenalNew Member
Aug 26, 2014, 10:11 AM

"Boik14 wrote:

Disagree

Well DUH!

Fin-OmenalFin-OmenalNew Member
Aug 26, 2014, 04:56 PM

"phinsational wrote:

Jordy Nelson will finish as a top 3 or 4 WR as Rodger's #1WR and with WR3 and TE not well solidified. The Eddie Lacy affect will open up a handful of big play TDs off play action, as well as make fades and quick hitters in the redzone all the easier. 100+ catches, 1500+ yards, and 14+ TDs. He's being criminally underdrafted. Nearly vomited watching him slide to pick 30 in our league. I almost took him at 2.02 .

Joique Bell will finish as a RB1. Detroit will be in the redzone a bunch, and Bell will be the greatest beneficiary- taking inside handoffs while Calvin, Tate, Fauria, and Ebron spread the field. Reggie Bush was terrible as a rusher last year. When you omit his 29 runs of 10+ yards, his remaining 194 attempts averaged 2.58 yards. That's 87% of his runs. More than likely they're gonna flip-flop this year with Bell receiving the majority of the carries, including the redzone where he ran for 8 TDs in 22 carries compared to Bush's 3 TDs in 28 carries.

I think Cobb eats up a lot of those targets, in the 3 games he played early last year he was one of the better WR in fantasy. That offense as a whole is going to be insane.

Jordy will be very good though, ecspecially in a ppr format.

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Aug 26, 2014, 06:34 PM

"Fin-Omenal wrote:

I think Cobb eats up a lot of those targets, in the 3 games he played early last year he was one of the better WR in fantasy. That offense as a whole is going to be insane.

Jordy will be very good though, ecspecially in a ppr format.

but Cobb wont get targeted 200 times. Rodgers will throw the ball about 520+ times this year. Even if Cobb receives a massive 160 targets, who is gonna eat up the remaining 360 targets to keep Jordy from seeing a ton of looks?

In Nelson's 4 games with both Cobb and Rodgers last year, he was targeted 39 times. Resulted in 28 catches, 450 yards, and 3 TDs.
Cobb was targeted 34 times. Resulted in 23 catches, 345 yards, 4 TD.

Fin-OmenalFin-OmenalNew Member
Aug 26, 2014, 06:37 PM

Someone in my league just dropped Ebron for Fleener, thinking of dumping Clay and pairing him with fat Stafford. (Kelce is other TE) thoughts?

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Aug 26, 2014, 06:59 PM

"Fin-Omenal wrote:

Someone in my league just dropped Ebron for Fleener, thinking of dumping Clay and pairing him with fat Stafford. (Kelce is other TE) thoughts?

Keep Clay.

Fin-OmenalFin-OmenalNew Member
Aug 26, 2014, 07:16 PM

"Boik14 wrote:

Keep Clay.

I prolly should, after you reminded me about Travis Kelce I dod some research and I think he is in a very good position too breakout this year.

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Aug 26, 2014, 07:26 PM

"Fin-Omenal wrote:

I prolly should, after you reminded me about Travis Kelce I dod some research and I think he is in a very good position too breakout this year.

Yeah, I dont want to leave you without a good option until Kelce breaks through. Clay is at least a viable starter

BuckeyeKingBuckeyeKingNew Member
Aug 26, 2014, 08:41 PM

"Fin-Omenal wrote:

Someone in my league just dropped Ebron for Fleener, thinking of dumping Clay and pairing him with fat Stafford. (Kelce is other TE) thoughts?

Rookie TE hardly ever produce.

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Aug 26, 2014, 08:54 PM

"BuckeyeKing wrote:

Rookie TE hardly ever produce.

Especially rookie TE's in a time share with Brandon Pettigrew. Its a lot like Tyler Eifert and Jermaine Gresham last year. Yeah, Pettigrew and Gresham are better blockers then receivers but they grab enough targets and playing time to lower the other guys value.

Tone_ETone_ESupporter
Aug 27, 2014, 01:08 AM

Anyone else having a tough time evaluating TEN wide outs?

Wright should be the best of the bunch but only had a few go for TDs. Will be much better in a PPR format. Hunter looking very explosive this year, and then you have the ever dangerous Nate Washington. I have Hunter in my mid-late round strategy but am wondering if Wright is worthy of top 20-25 consideration at WR?

Fin-OmenalFin-OmenalNew Member
Aug 27, 2014, 04:31 AM

"Tone_E wrote:

Anyone else having a tough time evaluating TEN wide outs?

Wright should be the best of the bunch but only had a few go for TDs. Will be much better in a PPR format. Hunter looking very explosive this year, and then you have the ever dangerous Nate Washington. I have Hunter in my mid-late round strategy but am wondering if Wright is worthy of top 20-25 consideration at WR?

Justin Hunter has top 10 ability, can Locker get him the ball enough?

I like Hunter as a late sleeper due to all the uncertainty with the running game.

305305Forum Veteran
Aug 27, 2014, 09:04 AM

Hunter and Wright should have solid years... Locker was looking impressive last year until the injury.

We're all here because we're all not there.

rafaelrafaelForum Veteran
Aug 27, 2014, 11:42 PM

I have no faith in RG3 for fantasy purposes or otherwise. He wasn't even a QB I would have drafted in my 10 team league.

Dolphins1BeatlesDolphins1BeatlesForum Veteran
Aug 28, 2014, 10:06 AM

If anyone wants to play in a league where you pick defenders: http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/2632349

Its an "AFC League" where you name it after an AFC team. Dolphins & Patriots are only taken. Draft Sept 1 I think.

1972 Miami Dolphins - The ONLY Perfect NFL Team

K I K O

JDelenneJDelenneSupporter
Aug 31, 2014, 06:29 PM

So my Big money league draft is coming up in a few days and i'm really stuck on some early round choices. There's really not too many players I like with my 31st and 42nd overall picks.

its a 12 team PPR league (ESPN Rankings) and i'm 7th overall. So for my strategy is something like this:

7: Eddie Lacy, Calvin Johnson, Matt Forte (or any top 5 RB if they fall to me)
18: Dez, Marshall, Nelson, Green or Montee Ball

Then I get to pick 31 and really the players I would be interested are quite a few picks ahead of me in their ADP
such as Gio Benard, Antonio Brown, and maybe Randall Cobb.
This pick I could go with Stafford but im usually against drafting a QB before rounds 7-8 I just dont see the value.
The other option i've been thinking about is reaching for Ellington with this pick (Currently 47 ADP)

For pick 42 the only player I like in that area is Victor Cruz (currently 45 ADP) or Reaching for Michael Crabtree (50)

What are your opinions on this? or who else would you consider in these picks

Alex44Alex44New Member
Aug 31, 2014, 06:53 PM

Anyone have any openings in any leagues?

On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Aug 31, 2014, 09:21 PM

"JDelenne wrote:

So my Big money league draft is coming up in a few days and i'm really stuck on some early round choices. There's really not too many players I like with my 31st and 42nd overall picks.

its a 12 team PPR league (ESPN Rankings) and i'm 7th overall. So for my strategy is something like this:

7: Eddie Lacy, Calvin Johnson, Matt Forte (or any top 5 RB if they fall to me)
18: Dez, Marshall, Nelson, Green or Montee Ball

Then I get to pick 31 and really the players I would be interested are quite a few picks ahead of me in their ADP
such as Gio Benard, Antonio Brown, and maybe Randall Cobb.
This pick I could go with Stafford but im usually against drafting a QB before rounds 7-8 I just dont see the value.
The other option i've been thinking about is reaching for Ellington with this pick (Currently 47 ADP)

For pick 42 the only player I like in that area is Victor Cruz (currently 45 ADP) or Reaching for Michael Crabtree (50)

What are your opinions on this? or who else would you consider in these picks

Currently in a dilemma for Weds on Weds for the same thing. Part of it is knowing who youre drafting with. I know I have pick 5 in my draft so right around where you are. Mocking it out with different scenarios using a rankings sheet helps.

At 5 Im pretty sure Ill end up looking at the same 3 you are.
At 20 Im hoping ill have a choice of Martin/Foster/Marshall/Nelson (at least 1)
At 29 I could have one of those left but more likely Im looking at Ellington/Stacy/Jeffery/Cobb (I love Ellington a lot in full point PPR right now...durability is a question but damn he could be a ppr beast).
Rd 4 and 5 I face the same thing....Id really want Cruz to fall there or someone like a Rashad Jennings, (who is a sneaky good pick imo...last half of the year he finished 5th in ppr formats over final 8 weeks), Toby Gerhart (Ugly OL situation but a true 3 down back and can catch), Shane Vereen, etc. Gronk or Julius Thomas is a guy who could throw a wrinkle in there.

Mock out a few scenarios and follow the one you like best.

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Aug 31, 2014, 10:52 PM

"JDelenne wrote:

So my Big money league draft is coming up in a few days and i'm really stuck on some early round choices. There's really not too many players I like with my 31st and 42nd overall picks.

its a 12 team PPR league (ESPN Rankings) and i'm 7th overall. So for my strategy is something like this:

7: Eddie Lacy, Calvin Johnson, Matt Forte (or any top 5 RB if they fall to me)
18: Dez, Marshall, Nelson, Green or Montee Ball

Then I get to pick 31 and really the players I would be interested are quite a few picks ahead of me in their ADP
such as Gio Benard, Antonio Brown, and maybe Randall Cobb.
This pick I could go with Stafford but im usually against drafting a QB before rounds 7-8 I just dont see the value.
The other option i've been thinking about is reaching for Ellington with this pick (Currently 47 ADP)

For pick 42 the only player I like in that area is Victor Cruz (currently 45 ADP) or Reaching for Michael Crabtree (50)

What are your opinions on this? or who else would you consider in these picks

This might help if you don't already use it. http://draftwizard.fantasypros.com/simulator/start.jsp?sport=nfl

I ran a ton of these mocks to get a strong feel for recent ADP, who I can get where, and used that to construct my draft philosophy. I ended up going WR-heavy early this year because I was confident I could get some running backs late that I liked. For the first 12 rounds of our ThePhins league I think it all played out how I drew it up except for not getting Nick Foles in round 7 who went the pick before mine. I settled for Matt Ryan instead.

Side note: I also like to pay attention to my site's draft rankings when figuring out my draft philosophy because, come draft day, those rankings will inevitably influence some GMs regardless of ADP b/c they'll see the draft board with the top remaining players and feel a bit of pressure to draft from that list. There were a handful of players I liked that I thought NFL.com had severely underrated on its draft board, so I knew on draft day I could likely count on penciling in a few of them, which allowed me to draft more for points value early on.

305305Forum Veteran
Aug 31, 2014, 10:55 PM

This is where we come to talk about all the new nude celeb pics leaked right? The fantasy room?

We're all here because we're all not there.

MachMachForum Veteran
Aug 31, 2014, 11:59 PM

"305 wrote:

This is where we come to talk about all the new nude celeb pics leaked right? The fantasy room?

here, /b/, /r/Celebs, whatever works.

pocolocopocolocoSupporter
Sep 1, 2014, 12:13 AM

"JDelenne wrote:

So my Big money league draft is coming up in a few days and i'm really stuck on some early round choices. There's really not too many players I like with my 31st and 42nd overall picks.

its a 12 team PPR league (ESPN Rankings) and i'm 7th overall. So for my strategy is something like this:

7: Eddie Lacy, Calvin Johnson, Matt Forte (or any top 5 RB if they fall to me)
18: Dez, Marshall, Nelson, Green or Montee Ball

Then I get to pick 31 and really the players I would be interested are quite a few picks ahead of me in their ADP
such as Gio Benard, Antonio Brown, and maybe Randall Cobb.
This pick I could go with Stafford but im usually against drafting a QB before rounds 7-8 I just dont see the value.
The other option i've been thinking about is reaching for Ellington with this pick (Currently 47 ADP)

For pick 42 the only player I like in that area is Victor Cruz (currently 45 ADP) or Reaching for Michael Crabtree (50)

What are your opinions on this? or who else would you consider in these picks

I'd go Forte in a PPR. Calvin is a safe bet for 1400 yards and good health, he's your safe pick and it depends what you think of the second round RBs. I think Lacy has MVP written all over him, I took him a 4 in a standard scoring league, but I realize he's not much of a pass catcher.

Those receivers are all good, I shy away from Ball. Just no idea how things will shake out in Denver and the preseason did nothing to resolve that. I like backs like Foster and Morris there as well.

I want nothing to do with Ellington (won't hold up), Gio (timeshare) and Cruz (Manning looks horrible so far). Crabtree is being overdrafted, not sure why. San Fran is still a ball control team.

BuckeyeKingBuckeyeKingNew Member
Sep 1, 2014, 05:28 AM

"305 wrote:

This is where we come to talk about all the new nude celeb pics leaked right? The fantasy room?

ICloud is probably the greatest gift ever.

Tone_ETone_ESupporter
Sep 1, 2014, 05:29 PM

So, I'm in Round 4 of my keeper draft and so far my WRs are; Cobb, Roddy White, and Kendall Wright. ALL WEEK 9 BYES!! Overlooked that one....

Then I have LeSean McCoy and Doung Martin...both WEEK 7 BYES. Bishop Sankey....WEEK 9 BYE....

Damn I got work to do.